PDA

View Full Version : Powertube...

pb-afroman
12-21-2002, 02:48 AM
Ok, I will soon be purchasing an automag, and I hear alot of people talking about the powertube. I dont have any clue as to what this is. Could someone please explain? This may be a really stupid question but I have no clue at all what you guys are talking about :confused:

Havoc_online
12-21-2002, 03:06 AM
dont worry about it, everyone learns somehow;)

It's merely the tube that level 7/level 10 internals go in, it's what guides the bolt. any other ?'s:)

pb-afroman
12-21-2002, 03:12 AM
Heh, thanks for the info :D I had just heard so many people talk of leaking problems that were fixed by switching the powertube, I wanted to know what it was in case I ran into a problem like that. I think thats just about the only question i have for now though...
I'm sure there will be more later on, and probably once I get my hands on a mag:)

Schnitzel
12-21-2002, 03:20 AM
havoc beat me to it:(

i was going to explain that the bolt fit into the power tube like a champagne cork, yadda yadda yadda, you probably know the rest. but i was too slow, and havoc's too fast;)

pb-afroman
12-21-2002, 03:23 AM
The more pictures the better

rikkter
12-21-2002, 01:21 PM
if its leaking down the barrel and you hold the trigger down and stops. then its most likely the powertube ORING, not the entire powertube. theres a oring in there and a brass space OR a spring. the brass spacers are newer and work better. but anyways, theres a oring in there also. thats what you change to fix it, not the entire powertube.. just to clear that up.

pb-afroman
12-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Alright, thanks:cool: