PDA

View Full Version : Tom, online store request

Daniel Morse
12-21-2002, 03:39 AM
Can you please put the inline Filter for the RT up in the store. Thanks!

AGD
12-21-2002, 04:29 AM
Call and see if we still cary them, we might not. They are not really required now if you use HPA.

AGD

Jonesie
12-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by AGD
They are not really required now if you use HPA.

AGD

Which you should be doing if you run an RT of any kind, seeing as how they don't work with CO2!

Later ~ Jonesie

sniper1rfa
12-21-2002, 01:10 PM
they work FINE on co2, if you do it right.

the problem as i see it is that the unregged gas may spike and cause the gun to go really reacitve.

BlackVCG
12-21-2002, 09:54 PM
No. They. Do. Not.

FalconGuy016
12-21-2002, 10:07 PM
have you done it sniper?

Jonesie
12-24-2002, 09:40 PM
they work FINE on co2, if you do it right.

Is that why they say "CO2 is not allowed in this system." on the RT Pro page? (http://www.airgun.com/RTpro.shtml)

Later ~ Jonesie

Kevmaster
12-24-2002, 09:46 PM
you can run a RT on CO2 if you replace the orings and have it go through a Anti-Siphon tank and PPS Stab(or similar Liquid blocking reg). will the preformance be as good? no, it wont fire as fast. will it work though? yes.

if anyone has a good reason why the gun will not function on gassous CO2, plese tell me why, and ill recant my statement

Jonesie
12-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
you can run a RT on CO2 if you replace the orings and have it go through a Anti-Siphon tank and PPS Stab(or similar Liquid blocking reg). will the preformance be as good? no, it wont fire as fast. will it work though? yes.

if anyone has a good reason why the gun will not function on gassous CO2, plese tell me why, and ill recant my statement

I figured it wouldn't work because of the insane recharge rate of the RT valve. I figured that running CO2 through the valve would cause Liquid to enter the valve because it can't expand quickly enough. Even with all of the extra setup. However, I have NEVER tried this, so I wouldn't know.

Either way, I suppose with the proper setup anything could work. I'm sure it was far easier for AGD to say 'No CO2' than it was to say 'CO2 with this specific setup...' You get the point?

Later ~ Jonesie

Kevmaster
12-24-2002, 10:15 PM
oh, yeh, im just saying its POSSIBLE. im not recommending it, im not saying im going to go out and play with it...im just saying that it would be doable

Jonesie
12-24-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
oh, yeh, im just saying its POSSIBLE. im not recommending it, im not saying im going to go out and play with it...im just saying that it would be doable

I agree, it COULD be done, but it is not the optimal way to run an RT. Not trying to give you a hard time, just some friendly 'shop' debate! :D

Jonesie

RobAGD
12-25-2002, 01:30 AM
OK, here we go again.

The RT recharges so fast the C02 cant boil off fast enough and you end up get nasty velocity spikes from the gas/liquid vapor. We are talking 350+ kinda spikes.

Also with the Orings in the RT they dont handle Co2's cold very well at all, Remember the SOB's tried using this valve on Co2 for a year and gave up.

BTW - no reg will "block" co2, if Air can get through so can liquid. Palmer has a good sized air volume in his reg ( think gas through ) with the reg parts almost at the top so they get Air until the reg body fills up with liquid.

-Robert

Kevmaster
12-25-2002, 12:48 PM
Correct. the ORings do need to be replaced with Co2-OK orings, but i did that a while back on an old RT(regular RT--not pro) and it seemed to work ok. didnt chrono it though...so there may have been spikes, i jst dryfired for kicks and giggles. PPS Stabilizer run off a remote will keep 99.9% of liquid CO2 out of the RT valve. icant imagine any can get through both

sniper1rfa
12-25-2002, 01:48 PM
sorry i havent been following this thread.

yes, i have done it. it was warm, and i saw no real problems, except for spikes if you shot really fast.

to make sure we didnt get liquid it was on an angled drop, with long hose and an underfilled tank.

i wouldnt suggest doing it on a regular basis, but it CAN be done. :)

BTW, i didnt replace any seals.

Jonesie
12-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
OK, here we go again.

The RT recharges so fast the C02 cant boil off fast enough and you end up get nasty velocity spikes from the gas/liquid vapor. We are talking 350+ kinda spikes.

-Robert

Ok, that's basically what I said here (without all the fancy jargon!) ;)

Originally posted by Jonesie
I figured it wouldn't work because of the insane recharge rate of the RT valve. I figured that running CO2 through the valve would cause Liquid to enter the valve because it can't expand quickly enough. Even with all of the extra setup. However, I have NEVER tried this, so I wouldn't know.

Later ~ Jonesie