PDA

View Full Version : Venturi bolt ID

Aegis
12-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Forgot to ask this in my other post - found what appears to be a fair deal on another mag - classic, powerfeed w/ std barrel, has AGD bottomline and braid hose, but it has some kind of venturi bolt. Might be ANS but cant tell for sure. THe price was $200.

I know the LX is the way to go, but is a venturi bolt going to work at least as well as a stock bolt in the meantime? I was thinking of picking this up in case a buddy wants to come out and needs a marker, as well as a backup.

Thanks

Havoc_online
12-21-2002, 04:02 PM
did you want the bolt id or od(.680"). it'll work, no better than a stock bolt though.

FrAuStY
12-21-2002, 04:36 PM
I used to have an ANS phase II venturi on my mag classic, thought it was cool...till I found how much air I was wasting. The stock bolt is more efficient than the after market venturis. Sure it will work... but I'd suggest saving as mush as you can to go LVL10 :D

toymyster
12-22-2002, 02:12 AM
The only problem I ran into with the ANS bolt is excessive wear!! ANS uses a lower grade of stainless steel than AGD, so the bolt will wear out prematurely!!

Brak
12-22-2002, 11:17 PM
as long as you dont use it for a while as toymyster said it should be fine, but if i were you id spend like 20 bucks and replace it with a stock one

Nobody077
12-23-2002, 06:33 PM
I have a 7 year old ANS in my mag right now, it looks like its time to replace it due to the wear but 2 years of its life was with my Autoresponce frame(they love to eat bolts;) ) so Yes the ANS will work fine untill you get a level 10 bolt and the price looks about right if the gun is in good shape