PDA

View Full Version : So Many Problems!

Cornmuffin87
12-21-2002, 06:34 PM
ARG! i dont wanna throw away my mag, but all its doing is causing me problem after problem and i end up going back to my tippmann.....first off (im running on co2, by necessity not choice) and it leaks out of all the macroline fittings....but it doesnt do it always, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt, and out of random ones. Second of all, it chops paint like every other shot (i got LX for christmas but i have to wait till then to set it up). Thirdly, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY VALVE? It short strokes after EVERY shot....atleast i think it is short stroking.....every time i pull the trigger, the gun makes a pfffffftclink sound after it shoots and it takes about a second for the trigger rod thing to come back out....it does this EVERY shot.....why why why must i have all these problems? why is it leaking from everywhere and why does it chop every ball and why does it short stroke ever shot? (and this mag is brand new so it shouldnt have these problems)

Kevmaster
12-21-2002, 06:42 PM
the macro line isnt because of the mag. the orings in your macro fittigs are prolly worn and the ends of the macro prolly arnt strng anymore. recut the macroline to give it a STRAIGHT edge(with a knife) and replace the fittings with some from TunaMan and youre set there

wait for LX and youll never chop again

as for the trigger pin not returning, take out the valve and look at the on-off pin body and orings. make sure they are all in tact and working properly. also, when the trigger rod comes out, measure the distance from the rod to the trigger. it should be 1/16 of an inch.

Cornmuffin87
12-21-2002, 06:51 PM
are u tellin me the macro lines should be cut straight? omg what n00bs! *smacks head* i got the TKO automag from paintballgear...and when i checked the macro lines today, they were cut at an angle...sigh...strike one for paintballgear.com

rjvemt1
12-21-2002, 07:06 PM
are you using an anti-siphon co2 tank? if not than you might as well get a screw-in n2 tank. i guy i play with just switched from tippman to one of those tko mags from pbg.com hes got n2 on it and has no problems.

Tunaman
12-21-2002, 07:25 PM
First of all, I DO NOT RECOMMEND Macro line for Co2...it is just too cold and causes the lines and fittings to contract causing leaks. Also, they should be ashamed of themselves for cutting you line on an angle, causing it to not seat all the way. It is poor airsmith work to overlook this small but VERY important rule when working with macro. Make sure the gun is well oiled, because dry on/off orings WILL cause the trigger rod to not return. Let me know if this helps any...;)

Cornmuffin87
12-21-2002, 07:43 PM
thanx tuna! ill post when i take my mag apart, clean it all out and oil it up. Ill definately consider switching to steel braided line, cuz (to answer rjvemt1) i am using a regular ole' 20 oz cuz my local paintball shop does not have nitro, but ive been nagging them and they are trying to cut a deal with a local dive shop to sell em a compressd air tank for cheap, so for right now im stuck with co2.