PDA

View Full Version : Goggle question...

madmatt151
12-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone, I need your help deciding on what goggles to wear. Mine were stolen last week and Skirmish, (saw some AOers there). I had JT Envaders (sp) and they were fine, but I figured maybe there are newer and better ones out there. I wear glasses, which affected my decision last time because the JTs fit over my glasses. They never fogged on me but my glasses did, so I am wondering if getting the fan from JT will help this or be necesary. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

yeahthatsme
12-21-2002, 06:42 PM
i would suggest a proteus with a fan it wont fog and the fan will keep your glasses nice and clear.

Kevmaster
12-21-2002, 08:22 PM
I like my Invisions and Flex 7s

personman
12-21-2002, 08:25 PM
I like my Jt Flex 7 alot, got it for 20 bux new at paintball-online..
I think Ive heard that Vforces fit over glasses... and I've heard ALOT of good things about vforces

Ultimator
12-21-2002, 08:40 PM
I LOVE Flex-7s. Totally customizable and all that good stuff. VForces are completely fugly IMO. They say it gives the best peripheral vision but my Flex doesn't hinder my peripheral at all (I can't see the side of my mask.)

VBmag87
12-21-2002, 08:45 PM
I also wear glasses,and I had a JT Envader which would fog up somtimes,and my glasses would fog sometimes too. But then I got a VFORCE MORPH,and fell in love with it.I never have anymore problems with the lens fogging or my glasses fogging.You can take the lens out in just a matter of seconds to clean it, or just to change the lens.They are really comfortable also.:)

Load SM5
12-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Ditto on the Morph.

The JOE
12-21-2002, 09:01 PM
I've got a V-Force Shield, and the sucker has never fogged on me. Ever. I also wear glasses and this thing fits straight over them with room to spare. As far as I know the Morph is a fancy version of the Shield, so go for it! Great masks... very clear lenses and wide angles of view, as well as extrodinarilly comfortable.

Gurth
12-22-2002, 01:16 AM
I too am cursed with bad eyes and havwe had problems with goggles until i got some flex-7s. They havent fogged once and since i put a Vents strap on them gettin em on and off is no problem, though the Strps arent easy to come by.

dropkick1
12-22-2002, 10:34 AM
i have glasses too and have a proteus with a x-wind fan and it works fine, so i say either flex-7s or the proteus with a fan.

ken

thats me in my proteus on the left

AcemanPB
12-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Morph hands down

56kSomeGuy
12-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Go V-force morph they are so comfy, I love mine:)

madmatt151
12-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks eveyone, I am so mad about losing my mask, and now I have to look for a new one, it is a pain. But alas it is time for something new, and your suggestions have helped. I am seeing many diferent prices for the Morph, and by all your suggestions this one seems to be the best. But if for the same price I could get another good JT with a fan, is that better? I am seeing some Flex 7 and Izes with fans for almost $100. The prices I am seeing for morphs is $75-$90. Does anyone else know other price alternatives or cheaper places to buy? Thanks again!

Ov3rmind
12-22-2002, 06:21 PM
The Morph is the best mask ever made, I love mine to death. They're super comfy, never fog, and the lense is super easy to remove fast. I personally wear contact lenses (I used to wear glasses), I suggest them myself if you wouldn't mind the cleaning and all. They give you better peripheral vision and never "get in the way" of doing some things (they also never fog).

Ov3rmind
12-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Morphs for $60 (http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-goggles-and-safety-gear-goggles-v-force-goggles.html)
If you can't bring yourself to pay that much, look into a Shield. I used to have one before I got my Morph, the only difference is that the lower portion of the Shield is stiff instead of flexible (I personally prefer the flexible bottom), and it comes with a chinstrap and neck guard (I personally never used either).

madmatt151
12-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Now why couldn't I find the morphs for that price!?!? I must be slow tonight. I ma currently bidding on a proteus with a fan for $70. If I lose the auction, then I think it will be the morph. Thanks again everyone!

Mr. T!
12-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Get Vforces, they are the best with glasses and such. Plus the lenses are giant and have good vision.

Ryknow
12-22-2002, 10:50 PM
I like my new Raven NVX...its comfy and u dont hvae to change lenses at all...

Pvt.Opium
12-23-2002, 02:43 AM
I would 100% go for the JT Proteus. Not onl;y dose it fit snug af freakishly comfortable, you throw in a fan, it will not fog. Very Clear Lense and great ventalation(eben without the fan)

EvanD270
12-23-2002, 01:00 PM
i personally would go with a morph or a shield, they never fog, are comfy, and takes like 5 seconds to take out the lense to clean it.