PDA

View Full Version : New Shockers?

PolishSausage
12-21-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm doing some serious shopping for a new gun, I really dont want to spend a lot, espically since I am buying new skis early January. the purchase CAN wait a little longer, but Since X-mas and my B-Day are so close I will probably have some money to play with.
I was looking around and saw the new schockers from SP, $525 for what I want if that were the gun I got. But how do they perform. I've shot older shockers and liked them at the time, didnt fall in love with it though.
If not that gun what semi-high end gun in that price range should I look into. I dont want a regular mag, mini, or micro. If any mag it would have to be an Emag, which doesn't really fall into that price range.
No Cocker's either, already got one of those.

And If anyone wants to sell me a brand new Emag for $20 that'd be great!

BarryTolar
12-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

But those are the current Shockers just reduced in price because the "new" ones are supposed be here Feburary-March ?

At least I think that's right

Barry

ezrunner
12-21-2002, 09:36 PM
The shocker was a revolution in paintball. You had a gun that
was electronic, fast, accurate and closed bolt.

The shocker design has some efficiency problems and is still
very heavy and large.

I would reccomend the new 2k3 bushmaster, the Impulse from SP,
maybe a used viking or emag?

I would stay away from LED angels since parts are getting
hard to find. I would also stay away from older bushy's that
don't have any milling on them. The reg was changed and that
happened about the time the milling did.

A lot of people like the timmy's, I'm not a huge fan.
To me it is still a spyder and has some nice features but is
too tall and needs upgrades.

The impulse or new bushy are great right out of the box.

-rob

Brak
12-21-2002, 09:38 PM
impulses are always nice, they are a good change from a cocker to an electro, they aren't as expensive as that shocker stock, and if you want to spend some extra money you could get a custom impulse (RAT, freak factory, nasty)

PolishSausage
12-21-2002, 09:46 PM
If this isn't the new one, why does it say it is smaller, lighter faster, etc...

And as far as the Custom Imp's, where can I order them?

2k3 Bushmaster, where can I see some?

Thanks

minimag187
12-21-2002, 11:32 PM
At angelparts.com you can get a brand new 2k2 Angel LCD for $849.00. Thats a great price for one. I love my angel and will never switch guns for a long time.

ezrunner
12-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Check out the new bushmaster at:

http://www.icdpaintball.com

-rob

magnj
12-21-2002, 11:59 PM
mmm lcd for 850

Kevmaster
12-22-2002, 02:20 AM
you can find LED angels going for $450...theres not much better of a deal than that!!

Mr. T!
12-22-2002, 03:02 AM
Stay away from LED's. Lot's of blow back, run at a rather high pressure, LOT's of kick due to small bolt. Although parts are still around, i would just get a newer gun, ie bushmaster.

magnj
12-22-2002, 08:24 AM
what about a new 03 PDS bushy the the DV8 LCD board and Vapor works all the way. That what I may go for. that or an LCD with 2 volumizers lol

PolishSausage
12-22-2002, 09:07 AM
where is the best place to order Impy's, I think thats what I'm going to get next, just need to see which one I want...

minimag187
12-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Get a new trigger with an impy, they are real sloppy stock.

magnj
12-22-2002, 10:53 AM
paintballwholesalers.com for nasties or e-paintballoutlet.com for rats

SyntaxError
12-22-2002, 10:58 AM
Tyler, check out Ian's and Jay's impys first. Personally I dont like the triggers alot, and they seem really tall due to the stacked tube body design. I'm actually doing the same sort of shopping, and for $500 you can get a reconditioned Freeflow, which is more my style than an electro.

As for "new" shockers, they've just been milled and I believe have software updates. SP is coming out with two new guns this spring, the Nerve and the new Shocker. Shockers are really big and heavy, have a nice touch though. They're gas hogs though and require that stupid "shocker grease" all over the internals.

Don't go LED Angel, parts availibilty is getting kinda scarce. I'd save up a bit more and go Emag if thats what you want, otherwise you'll end up spending more cash in the long run.

PolishSausage
12-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Okay, I was shopping around on e-paintballoutlet.com

On the main page it has two "College Specials" or something, above it, it say "RATified" and then lists the packages. I just have a few questions.

The markers I'm looking at, are they Rat's? And...do they have the Vision Eye? With a Rat, should I even worry about the eye?

SOrry for all the questions, but I'm kinda new to Impy's

SyntaxError
12-22-2002, 02:11 PM
No, they're not rats. Rats are the cool milled ones. Jay has a rat, in case you want to see it.

They don't have the eyes either stock. Also, make sure you get the vert. regulator configuration, otherwise the max flow will give you crap with a screw in tank.

The vision eye has actually been known to chop regardless. It also can't see certain shelled paint. Get a Halo and it wont chop either way.

paintslinger
12-22-2002, 02:26 PM
if i were u id wait for all the new markers to come out. the omen is coming out along with the 2 new markers from sp. i feel stupid for just buying an impulse and not waiting. so dont make the same mistake.

RetroEclipseMan
12-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Has SP released any pictures of the new Shockers? I can't seem to find any and am curious about how drastically they have changed.

paintslinger
12-22-2002, 04:45 PM
no, no pics have been released yet

magnj
12-22-2002, 05:36 PM
yea you dont know whats gonna come out for the summer, im looking too, Impulses are turning me on as well as 03 PDs bushies. I dont know how the pds is tho. Also at angelparts.com lcd angels start at 850, not bad at all.

mykroft
12-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Rat and Strange Impy's are nice, but teh Ultimate Vision Impulse is the best deal in Paintball right now, especially if you add the Voodoo bolt, LPR and mag Trigger.

FutureMagOwner
12-22-2002, 07:19 PM
rat impulse all the way i got mine and i love it is seriously incredibly fast i bought a halo at the field today justs o i would stop chopping after the first 3 shots it was going so fast:eek:

ezrunner
12-22-2002, 08:59 PM
The PDS system is cool, I wish they would do a lower rate of fire
bypass like the timmy though. If the eye doesn't sense a ball,
then the marker doesn't fire. That is the biggest problem.

I have not chopped a ball with it on, I just need to get a halo
so that it will feed as fast as I want to shoot it.

-rob

magnj
12-22-2002, 09:45 PM
whats your bushy setup, im intrested in the new ones

ezrunner
12-22-2002, 11:03 PM
I have a first gen bushy with
a few upgrades:

I sent it back to ICD for the PDS (antichop eye) and 24bps board.

I got everything macdev:
Sonic ASA
Macdev Gladiator
Sonic LPR
Macdev Red Valve
Conquest Air System (68/4500)
Sonic gripframe.

I put on a shocktech long
drop forward and a freak
barrel 12" w/ alum back.

It is pretty nice. I do reccomend the new ones
since they put in the new gripframe and inline reg.

-rob