PDA

View Full Version : are the vert adaptors for the micromags and classic mags interchangable?

DA SKUNK
12-21-2002, 09:53 PM
hey are the vert adaptors for the micromags and classic mags interchangable?

thanks

Bulldog
12-22-2002, 04:14 AM
Nope, Micros use an angled screw to mount them on the micro frame, while the classics use a vertical screw.

DA SKUNK
12-22-2002, 11:36 AM
hrm,

ok well what if i was getting a micro and i wanted to switch the gas thro grip with the one on my classic, but the dumbasses who make the TKO mag loctited the grip to the vert adaptor?

Bulldog
12-22-2002, 01:43 PM
I guess you'd have to find a way to de-bond the locktite and unscrew it. I'm not sure how you do that, but I think a search could fix that. And then yes you'd be able to screw that gas thru into the vert adapter on your micro. Assuming it doesn't get in the way of the trigger guard.

The BEST thing to do if you want a gas thru on a micro is to buy the purpose built gas thru made by PTP. They cost about 40 bux. There's fewer places for gas to leak out of. That's why the pbgear tech put locktite on yours I guess. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

DA SKUNK
12-22-2002, 04:04 PM
i got lucky was only blue loctite i just had to put some more pressure on it

Bulldog
12-22-2002, 04:41 PM
That's good, blue is a thread sealer if I'm not mistaken. And you'll prolly want to use it again, or at least some teflon tape on the new gun. Good luck with your micro and post some pics when you get it together.