PDA

View Full Version : Is a hyperframe and a retro valve overkill??

talls
08-31-2001, 03:07 PM
My friend just got a 68 mag, a hyperframe, and a retro valve for his birthday. I have a 68 mag with a retro valve, and I was just wandering if the hyperframe and retro were just a waste of money. Thanks

------------------
I'll see you in the middle

skipdogg
08-31-2001, 03:09 PM
Well, for the money spent on the gun, valve, and frame, he coulda just got an emag! Which is simialish to a RT valve mag with Hyper. I would prefer the Emag between the two http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

emaggot4life
08-31-2001, 03:10 PM
Not really. If you want to get the most out of the RT's ability(26cps), then it would make sence to get an electronic trigger. Or get really good at not shortstrokin when firing at superhuman speed.

Cha0tic
08-31-2001, 03:12 PM
well, it is a good idea depending on what you are looking for out of your retro valve. if you want a reactive trigger, it won't happen with the hyperframe. if you want high ROF without shortstroking or shootdown, its a good idea.

emaggot4life
08-31-2001, 03:12 PM
I have to agree with "skipdogg" on that one.

gmag
08-31-2001, 03:38 PM
Yes, it is overkill.

SuperOrangeTicTac
08-31-2001, 03:48 PM
its not really overkill, if you want a mag with an hyperframe, it makes sense to get the retro valve so you have no shootdown and it will recharge in time. If you already have the retro valve and are happy with its speed like that, and dont want an hyperframe, then it wouldnt be right for you.

------------------
Im a 1.5 callorie treat that everyone loves to eat!

I can fly but i have no genitals :(

Xugg'420
08-31-2001, 05:42 PM
Why get RT valve when a stock 'mag can shoot at 16bps preatty well? Dont belive me take a look at the HALO video clips in main forum.

Zumina
08-31-2001, 06:03 PM
I'd prefer and RT+Hyper frame over an E-mag. Why? No bulky battery pack!!!!!

Monsta
08-31-2001, 06:11 PM
YES ..... I don't see paintball fields going full-auto anytime in the future

[This message has been edited by Monsta (edited 08-31-2001).]

MinimagRockin'
08-31-2001, 06:13 PM
I never thought of the battery pack as being bulky, thats like saying the front pneumatics on a cocker are bulky. It's not much larger than a foregrip or expansion chamber. I'd much rather have something manufactured by AGD specifically for a certain gun rather than buy an aftermarket bolt on electronic frame, I think those cheapen the gun. I'm not a big fan of turning a once non-electro gun into an electro through an upgrade, it's either an electro to begin with or it isn't. I would be willing to bet that a stock emag could outperform that setup anyway.

[This message has been edited by MinimagRockin' (edited 08-31-2001).]

Ni cD
08-31-2001, 06:26 PM
I would rather have an E-Mag...but its his money...

Zumina
08-31-2001, 06:30 PM
Sounds like we need a shoot out between the two to determine a winner....

MinimagRockin'
08-31-2001, 06:34 PM
That would be sweet, $20 bucks on the emag!

talls
08-31-2001, 06:37 PM
I got money on the emag too.

MagMan5446
08-31-2001, 06:47 PM
I would definately go for the E-Mag.

SUN WARRIOR...you make yourself seem very very wimpy. That battery pack isn't bulky at all!

FeelTheRT
08-31-2001, 07:07 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Xugg'420:
Why get RT valve when a stock 'mag can shoot at 16bps preatty well? Dont belive me take a look at the HALO video clips in main forum.</font>

If that guy were shooting at a target farther away, u would notice the drematic shoot down. Twards the end, u always hear the gun start to struggle for air. the stock AIR only recharges 11bps consistanty.

MikeCouves
08-31-2001, 07:13 PM
Arg!! The mag doesn't have shootdown at the end!! That's the editing on the video! The last second or two it slowly fades the sound away! God, I have had to post this like 10 times! God people, everyone knows that the Mags can do it! Don't you have confidence in AGD?!?

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif

Xugg'420
08-31-2001, 07:21 PM
Can anyone w/ hyper, stock 'mag users back me up?

Zumina
08-31-2001, 08:42 PM
Oh yeah, how would say, a stock 'Mag with a gutted A.I.R. valve, a nice inline reg (say, a sidewinder or Centerflag), and a Hyper Frame stack up against the E?

-§on-
09-01-2001, 07:20 AM
Rob Sould Come Here and Explain that the Mag does get shoot down. It is True Even if you dont want to hear it. The Mag does have shoot down.

------------------
Aim: TacticalJay
Email: TacticalJay8@adelphia.net
EMAG WITH:
Blue Warp Feed
Blue 12 Volt
68ci 3000psi Stub
Lapco Bigshot
12 inch Splashed red AA
Kapp DZII
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

belligerant1
09-01-2001, 10:54 AM
2 of my friends had mags w/ a hyperframe and a retrovalve. it's not overkill at all. just shoot the gun. and a mag w/ a hyperframe and a retrovalve is by far cheaper than an e-mag. a mag w/ retro,hyperframe is like $750. how much is an e-mag in comparison?

------------------
"give me an inch and i'll give you a bruise" team image.
"Give me a plate of food and i'll give you back an empty plate" Terry Lane, team 5 to 1

this one goes out to the kids who drove 6 hours in a stolen car and missed the tourney!!!!

is it wrong to want to shoot you just so that i can hear the splats hit your goggles?

st6212
09-01-2001, 12:59 PM
It's not overkill.

That would be saying that the E-mag is overkill as well or even more of an overkill as it uses an external battery which adds bulk.

If you like electro go electro. If you like reactive mechanical....go that. You've got to try it to decide what you want.

I plan on getting a Hyperframe to go with my Retro very soon, primarily because I keep shortstroking when I rapid-fire.

FeelTheRT
09-01-2001, 01:16 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikeCouves:
The mag doesn't have shootdown at the end!!
</font>

yes it does... considering the AutomaG valve only recharges upto 11bps, there would be shoot downs on 16bps full auto buddy...

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikeCouves:
That's the editing on the video! The last second or two it slowly fades the sound away!
</font>

No it's not because you can hear it choke.

God people, everyone knows that the Mags can do it!
</font>

nope cuz it can't do 16bps constanty.

Don't you have confidence in AGD?!?
</font>

I guess... but the AutomaG valve was designed in what 1989? People thought of 10 bps back then is like people thinking of 25bps now.

FeelTheRT
09-01-2001, 01:21 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by -§on-:
Rob Sould Come Here and Explain that the Mag does get shoot down. It is True Even if you dont want to hear it. The Mag does have shoot down.
</font>

hehe, i remember what Rob said, it went something like this:

Imagine pooring water in a cup. Each cup represents one ball fired. Now, as you shoot faster, you have to fill more and more cups but eventually you can not keep pooring the water fast enough because there are too many cups ... i meen balls being fired

Now with the RT valve, you just keep pooring with out worrying about spilling the water so all the cups can be filled.

I think that's how Rob explained it... it's been a while anways..

Besides, the Hyperframe will not alow you to fire more than 13bps. That's only abit more than what the AutomaG valve can recharge so all in all, if you want absolutly no shoot downs, go ahead and get a RT valve (you'll have a hard time chronoing), or just let teh bit of shoot down slide and keep your existing valve. Your choice.

[This message has been edited by FeelTheRT (edited 09-01-2001).]

XspyX
09-01-2001, 01:24 PM
Mags get shootdown after 9bps normaly. But the deal with the old '93 mag they used shooting 16bps is just a lucky thing I guess...???

FeelTheRT
09-01-2001, 06:20 PM
Spy, the reason you didn't notice the shoot down untill the blurping at the end is because the target is really close. If it were say 100 ft away, you would notice how the balls are starting to go not as far.

Zumina
09-02-2001, 05:34 PM
Wimpy? I just don't like the fact that you cannot move/replace the battery pack on the E-mag. Not to mention it's placement is not exactly eloquent. I've heard a few guys talk about this at my local fied. Two of them bought Angels as opposed to E-mags simply because the battery is not so increibly visible, and the LCD screen (LED? What were they thinking?).

LaW
09-02-2001, 07:19 PM
Definately not overkill... I've had this setup since the hyperframe was released, cost me less then an emag (which wasn't even available yet) making this setup the only choice for going electro.

I had the hyperframe with my stock air valve and experienced a lot of shootdown so that night i ordered a retro.

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 07:53 PM
If youse guys are looking for the CHEAP alternative, get an 8 hole mod, and void the warranty. Hey, I know it's bad and all, but this is the bargain hunting talk, right?
Also, that should increase the recharge rate, and give you that 13bps rate you want with little to no shootdown.

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
Smart Parts Magic Box Installed on A.I.R.
Green Small Bore All American 12"
KAPP Air Through Grip & Drop Foward
67ci 3000psi Chubby Nitro
9volt VL
AGD user for life

[This message has been edited by OldSchoolMag (edited 09-02-2001).]

FeelTheRT
09-02-2001, 08:24 PM
ya IMO, i do think it's better than an E-Mag too. I meen no huge battery pack and u get to choose your own forgrip. I really don't see the need for a magnetic trigger, but that's just me. It also has a much more clear screen which is LCD rather than LED which you can hardly read IMO. It will defenetly be more lighter. Only down side i can see is that you can't switch to a M mode and it will be a female dog to chrono if you have an RT valve.