PDA

View Full Version : Warp + Rico = not a good fit

CMDane
12-22-2002, 02:41 AM
Bought a Warp this afternoon (Merry Christmas to me! :) ) but am having a minor problem getting the Ricochet to sit properly in the feed hole. I've sanded the neck down to about the same size as a revvy, but the rico still doesn't sit right. In fact, with the retention screws tightened down a decent amount (not enough to crack the warp shell, but close), I can pull the rico out of the Warp with little difficulty. Anyone with any suggestions?

Charles

ChucktheMAGician
12-22-2002, 03:06 AM
My revy wasn't to tight either. So far I have put one ring of electrical tape around it and that seems to do well. I also plan on drilling a hole thru it like http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=297&CATID=15 I think that will help stabalize it alot, or at least I hope!
--edit-- 2 holes!

rakshasagenn
12-22-2002, 11:02 AM
www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/roughneck/

this might help

CMDane
12-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Ended up doing a couple of things. First, I added a couple of grooves to the neck to add my own o-rings. The only way to get this bugger out of the Warp is to unscrew the warp body, the o-rings are in that tight.

Second, I fired off an e-mail to the prople that make a Rico, asking if the o-ring shell is compatible, they need to specify on their order page if any sanding is required to work with a warp, etc. They're sending me a new shell, without my asking, for free. Can't beat that with a stick. For all the complaints about the Rico's looks, not feeding, too loud, etc. their customer service can't be beat.

paintballbeaver
12-31-2002, 07:21 PM
use electrical tape but here is the key loosen your shells so the hopper slides in nicley with the tape on then tighten no movemnet what so ver:)

sneakyhacker420
12-31-2002, 07:43 PM
yup, yup, i got mine to fit with a right of duct tape around the feed neck... then i orded my new o-ring shells and put the fattest o-ring on, opened up the warp, shoved it in, and put the warp back together

that little bugger ain't commin out anytime soon :D
i can even grab my rico while on the warp, and warp on gun and it wont budge one millimeter... thats how sturdy it is :eek:

i think that AGD should make the inside of where the hopper neck goes into the warp like the PMI Evil Smokestacks... o-rings inside to hold the hopper tight... i think i'll email them and suggest it to them

unless someone else wants to rush me to it :p