PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Super 7 website update

Riotz
12-22-2002, 12:07 PM
I was trying to access the NPPL's website the other day (nppl.info) and it was no longer configured.

While browsing WARPIG.com there was an article about it and just so everyone knows, their new domain is http://www.nppl.tv/

Just a heads up.

GeoffreyInNJ
12-22-2002, 02:11 PM
Posted By:
Camille Baker
Director of Marketing
National Professional Paintball League

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Paintall Industry,
It is with a heavy heart that I send this message, informing my friends and colleagues that the NPPL's e-mail accounts (name@nppl.info) such as mine, have been sabotaged. For an undetermined amount of time, my outgoing and incoming messages have been secretly sent by another party to others in the industry. My family phoned late last night with a concern about returned messages they had tried to send me. When I attempted to retrieve my messages, much to my dismay, the account had been tampered with and in turn locked me out. Upon researching this situation it is now clear to us what has taken place. All though evidence has made it apparent who was involved in this matter, we have decided not to make that information public at this time, as we are seeking legal council.

Unfortunatly, due to this disturbing act I will have no way of accessing the nppl.info account nor any messages from the past. You may now reach me at Camille@nppl.tv and you may reach Chuck at Chuck@nppl.tv, our website is now www.nppl.tv and is already up and running.

For those of you that know me well, you're quite aware of my honesty and restraint when it comes to speaking harshly of others. These repulsive actions have left me feeling disgusted, shocked and ashamed to be in the same industry as those sick enough to try to stay above the water by holding someone else's head down.

I'm sorry to send such a letter out during the Holidays, but as direct as I am, I wanted you guys to be aware of what has taken place. The NPPL would like to thank all of you for the amount of encouragement and support you have continued to show us year after year. If it weren't for you, acts such as these would probably get the best of me. But instead, it has confirmed how crutial it is that we stand our ground and fight for what is right. For those of my friends that are suffering from sleepless nights due to all that is going on in our industry, just remember why you're here, for love of the game. If you have to worry about anything other than playing, then that just isn't right. Clear your minds this Holiday Season and when you're ready to have some fun, come play paintball. That's all you should have to worry about.

Peace be with you,
Camille Baker
Director of Marketing
National Professional Paintball League
www.nppl.tv

PS.
Tune into nppl.tv over the weekend for some exciting announcements.

Comments
sabotage
by Mouse

It was Salm...

SyntaxError
12-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by GeoffreyInNJ

It was Salm...

Drop this issue already!! How do you know it was him? I admit what he did was bad but stop beating him into the ground for it! Don't be a jerk and blame him right away before there's any evidence. At least if you do, put a smily by it.

You guys have some nerve, its the same with the WAS arguments.... DROP IT ALREADY!

GeoffreyInNJ
12-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Lighten up there a little Syntax. I should have posted the origin with the original post. That was an oversite on my part. I just copied and pasted it into the post here. The information was via paintballchannel.com and the Salm comment was made in the feedback at the end of the article. I have edited the original post to relfect the identity of the poster.

I did get a kick out if it though and in all fairness to Mouse, something gives me the feeling, that his comment about Salm was made in jest.

Riotz
12-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SyntaxError
Drop this issue already!! How do you know it was him? I admit what he did was bad but stop beating him into the ground for it! Don't be a jerk and blame him right away before there's any evidence. At least if you do, put a smily by it.

You guys have some nerve, its the same with the WAS arguments.... DROP IT ALREADY!
Yea SyntaxError, what's your problem? Do you even know the guy personally?

He is going to be the focus of paintball jokes for years now. Learn to live with it. :rolleyes:

Kevmaster
12-22-2002, 04:02 PM
i, for one, thought it was funny

oldsoldier
12-22-2002, 04:42 PM
probably WAS him though...:rolleyes:

SyntaxError
12-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by GeoffreyInNJ
Lighten up there a little Syntax. I should have posted the origin with the original post. That was an oversite on my part. I just copied and pasted it into the post here. The information was via paintballchannel.com and the Salm comment was made in the feedback at the end of the article. I have edited the original post to relfect the identity of the poster.

I did get a kick out if it though and in all fairness to Mouse, something gives me the feeling, that his comment about Salm was made in jest.

Ok, I guess I didn't understand all of the background info on this. Its just that it doesnt seem fair to blame the guy for everything that goes wrong in the world due to an incident in the past.

I'm not defending Salm's actions, but I think it is in everyone's interests if we just not worry about him and put him out of thought. If it was him, then I'll shun him like everyone else, but since it seems that Salm was being directly blamed without any evidence supporting him, I thought it was unfair to him.

Riotz
12-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Well if you read the orginal message from Chuck you would have noticed he said:

"All though evidence has made it apparent who was involved in this matter, we have decided not to make that information public at this time, as we are seeking legal council."

Although, I must admit that I thought either Chuck or Geoffrey was the one who added that remark. But in no way did I take it seriously. I knew it was a joke, just wasn't sure who stated it.

All good I guess.

SyntaxError
12-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Ay, all good man.

I guess I thought that you guys were just taking a "stab in the dark" and blaming salm due to recent events.