PDA

View Full Version : How do you maintain your gun??

Doc_Shock
12-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Im trying to find out the best way to clean my mag so that it keeps in the best possible shape. I have read the instructions and manuals and it states autolube and some grease for other areas. Anyone have a good idea on whats the best thing for a mag?? I have lvl 10 installed if that helps.........Please Help!!

virus
12-22-2002, 04:20 PM
1st..... welcome to AO

now...

here is the quick way..... 3-5 drops of oil into your air line.... gas up (with out a barrel on)(also i do this in the bathroom.... which will be explained why) and fire till you see the oil spraying out.....

next hose off with hot water (while still gassed up).. i even fire it while doing this....

another way would be to swish it around in a pail of water or such.... once done towel dry, fire a bunch more times to blow any water out from inside the body and more oil out from in the valve....

degass.... take out the valve and wipe everything down.... if you want take the body off and dry the sear assy also....

it takes me about 3 mins doing it that way.... granted i usally only do that the day before i go play so sometimes it sits for a week after i play.... other times like right now where i havnt played in about a month... i'll clean it about a week before i go play to make sure i have time to fix it if there were to be something wrong......

and there you have the lazy mans mag cleaning guide :D

BajaBoy
12-22-2002, 05:00 PM
^ he said it all, but if u have a forgrip make sure u get the water out from it. the bolt will rust

Blennidae
12-22-2002, 05:15 PM
I was never one of the "dunk it in water while gassed up" type, and now that I have an Emag, its out of the question.

I usually wipe the exterior of the gun with a shop towel at the field and put it back in its case. Once I get home and have the time, I will strip it down to its component parts to make sure there is no paint or dirt on any of the parts. If there is anything on the parts, I'll wipe them off with a shop towel I spray with a household cleaner (fantastic/409). I then dry it off with a dry towel. I re-assemble everything, put a couple drops of lube in the female QD, gas it up and dry fire a few times then put everything away.

For barrels, I spray the household cleaner in the barrel then run it under the sink, then dry.

Mags are pretty indestructable, but like any machine, they work better if maintained properly.

Kevmaster
12-22-2002, 11:52 PM
drop or two of ATF(Automatic Transmission Fluid) in the ASA before i play keeps it lubed and actually rebuilds damaged ORings. i only take mine apart if i chopped balls or if i slid into mud or similar....or if im REALLY, REALLY bored :)

Doc_Shock
12-23-2002, 04:29 PM
Alright I have some more questions, where is this air line?? Is that the line with the macro line? And whats a Female QD? Oh yeah will regular automotive Lube work for all things that need to be lubed like the regulator or does that need grease?

SyntaxError
12-23-2002, 04:43 PM
Yeah, the air line is the macro line, however don't use automotive grease, I use lube like Gold Cup or Autolube, I put some in the ASA, and oil the LX carrier o-rings and such, and fire the marker without the barrel. It works!

Kevmaster
12-23-2002, 07:51 PM
no, do not use standard motor oil. make sure it is transmission fluid. motor oil contains petrolium distillites(sp) that will damage the orings.