PDA

View Full Version : got a impy question

wallclimber
12-22-2002, 05:33 PM
what's the best upgrades for impys? like where should i spend my money first? i just traded for one and am looking to upgrade it. thanks for the imput

pbguy888
12-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Whats on the one you have so we know where it stands now?

Mr. T!
12-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Get an LPR and magno trigger, those are the best upgrades out there.

-=Squid=-
12-22-2002, 05:58 PM
freak barrel anyone?

mykroft
12-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Freak Kit, LPR Kit, Voodoo Bolt, Mag Trigger (Feels alot like an E-Mag).

cris8762
12-22-2002, 06:26 PM
read this: http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html

it will probably answer every question you have and if not, check out this site as well:

http://www.geocities.com/theskog/

wallclimber
12-22-2002, 07:52 PM
right now the gun is mostly stock, vision ready, has the max flow vert. reg and a new designs blade triger on it but that's about all right now

cris8762
12-22-2002, 10:18 PM
your first upgrade should be a iso mod like a tapeworm or the eclipse one, or you could get a LPR

vlhockey22
12-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Cris is right, I would get an LPR mod. first, then get a delrin bolt(these really help to reduce kick IMO) or a new barrel of some type. Then I would get a new frame like the new vert frame, werm frame, or I-frame, but the ND bades can really rip also so a new frame isn't really a neccesity. Then with all that your imp should be rockin.(you could also pick up one of the new WAS boards if they come out)

RTMAGBOY13
12-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Vision
dez bolt voodoo w/e floats ur boat
freak barrel
Halo B
LPR Kit
New frame I-Frame Werm frame / or new trigger
low rise
ummmmmm
a new ram Slik Shot or quicksilver

thats some stuff thats good

AutoMaggot
12-23-2002, 12:48 AM
Dont have the bother with vision if you have the right loader... and loaders are cheaper than vision. In steps of importance:

1. Delrin Bolt. Allows you to drop the pressure and reduces the horrible kick of the stock Impulse.

2. Blade Trigger. NOT MAGNETIC. Magno triggers aren't as fast or adjustable. Just ask the guys who made the Rat Impulse. Use an Eclipse Blade.

3. LPR. Either get a drop in kit, or the tapped front cap. Doing this will NOT allow you to "lower pressure so you can pinch." It will actually allow you to find an exact pressure for your gun so you can get a lot better efficiency. You can look for 1600 shots on a 68/45 fill.

Another trick without spending any cash is taking out the spring at the front of your gun. Unscrew the front cap and take that spring out... you'll lose the pinging sound when you shoot and you'll eliminate some kick. The loss? You'll have a honking sound when you gas-up sometimes.