PDA

View Full Version : freak on an emag, please help

pntbawlrmz
09-02-2001, 07:08 PM
i posted this in the tech forum for about 3 days and i didnt get an answer, i was hoping you guys could help,for the emag, the freak barrels that ive seen usually have two ball detents, instead of the one, which is straight from the factory, do i need two ball detents on my freak for the emag or not, if so where can i get a new back? thanks for your help

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 07:20 PM
Um... I was under the impression that the E-mag barrel and regular 'mag/mini/rt barrel exchange was the exact same. You should have no problems with the Automag standard Freak set...

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
Smart Parts Magic Box Installed on A.I.R.
Green Small Bore All American 12"
KAPP Air Through Grip & Drop Foward
67ci 3000psi Chubby Nitro
9volt VL
AGD user for life

mykroft
09-02-2001, 07:25 PM
The 2 detent system does work better than the single detent, however at the price of only working with one style feed, that is hopper left, hopper right or vert. The single detent barrels will work in either hopper left or hopper right bodies, or only in vertical feed.(the vert barrels aren't compatible with the hopper right/hopper left barrels). I would assume the vertical Freak backs are dual nubbin, while the standard ones are single nubbin for increased versatility.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

Phil
09-02-2001, 09:52 PM
I have the single nubin hl/hr freak back end and have experienced ZERO problems. Are you having problems or are you just asking for future reference?

phil

Load SM5
09-02-2001, 09:53 PM
You would be correct. My centerfeed freak has 2 nubbins. I don't think it matters a great deal though.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak