PDA

View Full Version : whats your most embarrassing moment.

Lone Wolf2
12-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Hey all.Post what your most imbarrassing paintballing moment was or is.:D

cris8762
12-22-2002, 10:29 PM
"embarrassing":D :p

Lone Wolf2
12-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Oh ok well im fallin asleep and i kinda go off in loo-loo land and cant spell.

RetroEclipseMan
12-22-2002, 10:39 PM
Can't say I've really had a total embarrassing moment paintballing but my friend john definately has. We were playing on opposite teams and he came to bunker me and totally had me but slipped and fell right on his face as he was coming around the side of my bunker. He ended up ripping off 2 of the hoses on his three way and his mask fell off. It was pretty funny.(Oh yeah, the ref called him neutral and made sure he got his mask back on so it was all safe.)

Lone Wolf2
12-22-2002, 10:49 PM
LOL.HAHAHAHA:D .Did he get hurt any.

bigstino
12-22-2002, 11:10 PM
i was bunkered by an 11 year old girl... sad i know...

AutomagRT1483
12-22-2002, 11:12 PM
Well lets see....
I was in the process of moving from bunker to bunker when I spotted my sister-in-law which was on the opposing team. So I quickly moved in for the kill when outta nowhere this bunker flipped over and I ended up tripping over it and falling face first into the ground. But luckly I was able to do a quick pop shot and eliminate her before she got me.

Load SM5
12-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Accidentally shooting Tom Kaye in the right butt cheek.

Ultimator
12-22-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Accidentally shooting Tom Kaye in the right butt cheek. haha :)

I don't really have one. A kid at my field one day jumped into the snake, landed feet first and sank up to his waist in mud. From what I hear they literally ahd to pull him out after the game (yes he stayed in.)

Lone Wolf2
12-22-2002, 11:22 PM
I remember that load LOL LOL.Oh this didnt happen to me.But my little brother thats 7 went and bunkered one of the guys on my team.the guy forgot all about my bro.I was laughin my head off.

Trench_Riader
12-22-2002, 11:32 PM
I have two...both happened at the paintball field in Forney Texas.

First was the first day I played after being out for a few years. I was using a Brass Eagle Marauder I had bought as a cheap "see if I like it before I drop any more cash" gun. On this muddy day and I was running full tilt through the woods. I tripped over an exposed tree root, slipped in the mud, and fell flat on my face. The Marauder went flying and landed barrel first in the mud. After catching my breath I looked up and saw my gun sticking straight up with about half the barrel buried!

A few weeks later I was playing on the fields speedball feild. Now bear in mind I'm a big guy (6'1" 280 lbs) and have no place on a speed ball feild. I called for covering fire from my teammates and received while moving to a low bunker about 20 feet away. I hit it in a knee-slide going full speed. Yes, you guessed it....the bunker was not fastened down! It flipped over. I lost my balance and flipped over with it. Sprawling in the mud I was shot 3-4 times in the ***!
A ref who was standing by doubled over with laughter and several spectators nearby aplauded as I limped off the field.

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

Kevmaster
12-22-2002, 11:54 PM
man, i was on the field taking pics i just didnt get one Load...you dont know how much i would LOVE to have a pic of you doing that...or a pic of Tom showing us his welt later that evening...damn, im too slow with the camera

oh well

lets see....i suppose when i was playing sup air, i went to bunker the back left beer can and put 5 shots into the emptyness...only to realize the guy was in the right beer can...needless to say, i was eliminated :(

Lone Wolf2
12-23-2002, 12:28 AM
Hey kev was this at AO-SC.

Mossman
12-23-2002, 12:31 AM
LOL, having my angel LED for the first time (first electro actually), at NEAO and shooting my barrel condom twice while waiting to chrono, and hearing "Newbie with an angel" chanted behind me.

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE BASTARDS! :)

HoboJudge
12-23-2002, 12:37 AM
Well, I was 10 or 11, and was playing woodsball. The game started, and as everyone was running up, I shoot a few times. Then, I hear this guy in front of me yell, "Ah, s***! Who the hell just shot me?" I saw paint on his back and realized what I did. I then just looked down and ran off to a bunker as far away from the dead box as I could get.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-23-2002, 12:49 AM
The first day I played with my angel...
I was running at full speed...hit a small tree stub and nearly broke my knee cap...but hey! I saved the angel from touching the ground :D

Another moment...it was actually funny...not embarresing.

At D-Day, I forgot to throw on my belt for the night game and my and my friends missed the bus so we had to jog behind it to keep up and my pants were literally down at my ankles when we got there...:p

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-23-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Trench_Riader
I have two...both happened at the paintball field in Forney Texas.

First was the first day I played after being out for a few years. I was using a Brass Eagle Marauder I had bought as a cheap "see if I like it before I drop any more cash" gun. On this muddy day and I was running full tilt through the woods. I tripped over an exposed tree root, slipped in the mud, and fell flat on my face.

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

I think we got attacked by the same root@!@! I did the same thing at official paintball too!

ScatterPlot
12-23-2002, 12:54 AM
I have knocked over bunkers before.
Once I slid into one at the very start of the game and there was gravel at the bottom. Not much, but enough to tear a hole through my pants and into my knee. Every time I tried to kneel I had dust and dirt coming into my wound. Very annoying

Trench_Riader
12-23-2002, 02:15 AM
I think we got attacked by the same root@!@! I did the same thing at official paintball too!

Ahhh...a fellow Texan.

To their credit, two of the field staff picked me up, and cleaned out my gun with a heavy-duty squeegy, and sent me back into the fray asap. After making sure I was Ok of course...

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

Kevmaster
12-23-2002, 08:24 AM
Lone Wolf, yes that was in Tom's second game of the day

oh, Load--that shot made it into the articleon AOSC

Load SM5
12-23-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by kevmaster

oh, Load--that shot made it into the articleon AOSC

Which article?

cphilip
12-23-2002, 10:28 AM
My first time playing Super Air...

I was one against three and I decided to go out in a blaze of glory. I stepped out of my bunker alternating fire on each of the three positions. Three over there, three here three on over there and as I came out doing this I took off like a shot. Kept firing but failed to notice the pipe connection that Beer Can to the system as I ran forward. I tripped over the pipe. Went sprawling to the ground, hopper popped off, landed on my tank and half knocked the breath out of me. My mask turned sideways. And they all three lit me up before the Refs could get it stopped. For a few seconds I could see their eyes get big when I came after em. It took them a half a minute to realize I was going down and lay down on me. Went from hero to goat in a few seconds. Ahhh well it was a good plan but went poorly. But for a few seconds it was brilliant. I coulda had em though!!! I was from that point on known as "Wildman" for the rest of the day. :)

Load SM5
12-23-2002, 10:36 AM
Wildman huh? I'll have to remember that.....:D

Ultimator
12-23-2002, 10:41 AM
Actually I just remember a kind of funny one too. Wasn't incredibly embarassing. At M3 Paintball's field here in Mobile, me and a friend went with a church group for M3's last day of operation. It was a huge 10 man field and me and a few other of the better guys ended up in like a 5 v 15. I hauled arse for the 50 on the left tape and slid literally 20 feet into it (They had long grass and it was really wet that day.) Somehow I ended up HALFWAY under the sup-air bunker. Two different guys tried running the tape but they didn't know I was there. Hilarity ensued. Took about 1/3 of the game for me to finally get out of that godforsaken bunker too :).

SyntaxError
12-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Hmm, I can think of one time last month during a team practice I was supposed to take like the 45 off the break and since I wasn't wearing my cleats and the grass was wet I slipped and fell on my ***, right in one of the lanes that the other team's backplayers were shooting down.

What was amazing was how I didnt get hit, slowly got up, and walked to my bunker:p

Actually probably the most embarrasing thing I've done was when I tripped and fell down a "hill" (more like a mountain, this was at west point's big game:D ) and rolled for like 5 minutes, then ended up right in the middle of the other team. I was like 11 years old also so it scared the crap out of me, and so I tried to run backwards and got shot in the hind quarters like 15 times.

Another interesting occurrence from that particular game was me trying to run across a bridge under fire. Needless to say the bridge was slippery...

I'm suprised I'm not dead yet, what with all this falling down:D

cphilip
12-23-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Wildman huh? I'll have to remember that.....:D

To my face anyway.... :( ;)

drx975
12-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Ahh well I have one for sure....

I have a paintball club at my high school ok, (St Joes Prep of Philly) and I organized a trip to a local field. 25 people came, great. Halfway thru the day I started to get really aggresive. One game, we were on a hyperball field and I was on the right tape at our 40. One kid on the other team was 10 feet in front of me at the 50, and I was like "screw it" and I ran like hell and bunkered him, kept running, bunkered another kid just strafing, and by then I fell HARD, mask came off I was yelling to stop the game,,,refs just swarmed me....tried to get up again after everything stopped, and I tripped myself up and fell yet AGAIN, this time I spun around and fell neck first into a wooden spool (my hands caught the spool just in time to prevent smashing my neck into the spool).

Now I have to quickly explain my idiocy...ok, first of all, the ground consisted of logs and sticks where I fell, and also, I had pants with strings at the bottom which I forgot to tie...therefore I stepped on them when I slowed my running speed down, and tripped. It was definately an embarrassing moment for me, but everyone was like 'great move man im impressed'. haha riggghht...

BobTheCow
12-23-2002, 07:19 PM
ok, this was like my 2nd time playing EVER...it was woods ball, i was behind a sandbag-bunker, and about 30 feet away i see a "barrel" sticking out of another bunker. i KNOW i can hit it, so i start shootin like mad. the little $%#@ doesn't get out tho, so i end up unloading my entire 200 rd hopper PLUS another 100 round pod. i am getting a little pissed at this point, so i decide to run forward and try to bunker him. sumbody else gets me out after about 5 steps, and as i walk by i realize i had just shot 300 rounds at a fallen branch. :p

Raptor3359
12-23-2002, 09:24 PM
i dont really know what mine would be but i know what my brother's would be:

we were playing some woods ball and my younger bro was hidding in some brush and my older bro walked right by him and didnt notice him. my younger bro told him to surrender because he didnt want to shoot him that close but my older bro looked at him then ran, my younger bro took one shoot and hit him right in the back of the head and it knocked him down, we all had a good laugh about that one.

Hope that wasnt too confusing, lol ;)

Cypres0099
12-23-2002, 10:25 PM
This happened to a teammate. It was at a 3-man tournament about a month ago.

It was our first game. Just our mid guy (who is pretty big) and I left; I was in the back right dorito. Then I see our mid guy make a move for the flag out of the corner of my eye, and I see him dive, like a superman dive. I was like, "YEAH!!!"

Little did I know that he actually tripped and his gun flew forward and the hopper fell off. So he crawled up slid his gun to the bunker and pulled the flag. Then as he was putting his gun back together he got bunkered hardcore by the only guy left that I think I got before he made his move.... :rolleyes:

It was funny after the game was over I congratulated him on his awesome move. He was a little puzzled as to what I thought was so good. ;)

pballguy17
12-23-2002, 10:37 PM
ah, this tops it all...

I was playing on a hyperball feild with the big sewer tubes, and we had a small guy who wanted to run up far, so we said go IN the snake at the fifty. so the game starts and he runs to the snake... low and behold he climbs INTO the tube!!! he climbe all the way to the middle where it was blocked of thand started screaming that he can't go any farther. he actully backed out and went aronud the bunker w/o getting shot...

ghideon
12-25-2002, 06:01 PM
I took a bunch of friends out to go play at a local field. One of the dudes tries to move on the other team, who's hiding behind a bunker, which is behind a large tree. He tries to Matrix-jump over one of the low hanging limbs, and ends up falling flat on his face. We could see the paint splatter off of him at 60 yards away when the other team lit him up. He had the ref and the dead box doubled over in laughter.

My most embarrasing moment (aside from tearing two holes in the crotch of my pants) was when I was playing indoor. The game starts, and I peek over my bunker to see just the head and shoulders of someone else. I start shooting, and then the ref (to my surprise) raises his plexi-glass shield and waves at me. I apologized later, of course. Two games later, I'm moving towards another bunker, when I hear the same ref yell "Player, come over here!" I think he means me, so I start running towards him. He sees me, waves me off and points to the player he really wanted. At that point I slid into the nearest bunker, nearly taking the ref down with me.

Cryer
12-25-2002, 08:39 PM
I recently visited the Pheonix, AZ area. During my stay, I attended a weekend night game at Breakout. It had rained earlier in the week, so it was still a little damp. During one game, a made a strategic mistake and found myself behind a bunker that didn't offer the cover that i had previously expected. I stammered for a moment, then ran straight for a pit that had been dug in ground with the dirt piled in front of it. As I hurdled over the earthen mound I remembered the fact that due to the amount of recent precipitation, these pits were now ponds...The pit was perhaps 3 feet deep, and at least 2 feet underwater. After several moments of cussing my lapse in sanity, I surged forward in an attempt to escape the muddy trap. This attempt was halted both by a hail of paintballs and the fact that my feet were completely submerged in thick mud. After two more tries, I successfully pulled free and bolted for the next stand up bunker miraculously untouched by paint. When I arrived at my destination, I was called upon to surrender by a nearby, previously unseen, enemy. I instinctively turned to fire, only to realize that I had earlier planted my barrel tip 2 inches into the mud. Upon seeing my defiant reaction, the opposing players (there happened to be 3 in the same bunker) opened fire, effectively removing me from that game.

BobTheCow
12-25-2002, 09:36 PM
lol, that's pretty funny.

this story isn't exactly embarassing to me, but still entertaining:
this was my first speedball game. i was behind a long low bunker about midfield, and didn't think there was anybody on the other side. i poked my head around, and saw sumbody coming!! i dove backwards, shooting like mad at him as he shot at me. i felt a hit, and saw my hits on him, so we both started walkin back. i marked him 3 times up the inside of the leg, and as we are walking back i hear him mumble "gotta wear a cup next time..."
i found it pretty entertaining. what sucked, however, was that his hit on me didn't break. o well, the laugh value of hearing him say that about my hits was worth it.

oldsoldier
12-25-2002, 11:03 PM
I'd have to say the most least planned move I have ever made was at an indoor field..slid on my knees right by my bunker...had to kinda scramble backwards to get in, which I did. Then, got hit in the foot...didnt tuck in enough. All that for a stupid foot elimination...

MrMag
12-26-2002, 03:19 AM
this one actually happened this past sunday at operation in hayward.

this place has an outdoor field with netting around it and astro turf with an xball field. well the astro turf was kinda wet so you could easily slide too far. all day people were knocking over bunkers or sliding under them, but thats not the embarising moment.

as i was running for the 40 i got shot out, and i tried to turn around right then to go to the dead box. well my feet go tangled, i slipped on the wet astro turf and did some sort of ballerina back flip/roll about it.

i just layed there and the ref (who i know) comes running over laughing his butt off asking if i was ok. i think the game actually stopped for a minute, but im not sure, cause everyone was either laughing at me or asking if i was ok.