PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Deadly Assault

gimp
12-23-2002, 12:45 AM
I hate tekken, I love the old mortal kombat. This game rules. I just rented it. If I was drunk in the store, then I'd buy this for sure, but I've got to pinch my pennies. I think this is the best fighting game on the new consoles. I'll have to wait till I can find it cheap used, or get it cheap some other wierd way.

Also, anyone played Red Faction 2? I wanted to rent that but they didn't have it at my local store. That game looks cool.

The Frymarker
12-23-2002, 09:55 AM
I absolutly loved Mortal Combat....I beat it the first week I had it.

I want to buy the new version, however I don't know when I would have the time to play it with the little ones and all, I swore I would never get them hooked on video games like me and my little brother were when we were young.

Clare
12-23-2002, 10:01 AM
I loved Mortal Kombat, I was the only girl that could beat any guy at my middle school :p

The Frymarker
12-23-2002, 10:07 AM
hehe me too, in fact I made my brother so mad he threw our sega at the tv. I also played this little boy I'd say he was 6 at Atlantic City once.

This kid was amazing his hand were so fast it was unbelievable. He also memorized every cheat code. I liked being Scorpion, the guy with the hook on a rope, he was the yellow ninja, that said get over hear and then he ripped your skull out .....hehe

Archangel Damien
12-23-2002, 10:10 AM
isn`t it mortal kombat deadly alliance:confused:

Clare
12-23-2002, 10:16 AM
I liked being Scorpion, the guy with the hook on a rope, he was the yellow ninja, that said get over hear and then he ripped your skull out .....hehe

I liked using scorpion, too! :D After a while, none of my friends wanted to play me anymore since they didn't like to get beaten by a girl. Wimps!

RamboPreacher
12-23-2002, 10:21 AM
hehehe - "get over here!"

Archangel Damien
12-23-2002, 10:25 AM
why does nobody like Sub Zero

Jack Napier
12-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Yeah Subzero is tons more annoying than scorpian. I liked Cyrax myself, but thats Mk3.

ShooterJM
12-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Archangel Damien
why does nobody like Sub Zero

Sub Zero Rules Joo ALL! :D

Yeah I loved sub zero man. In the right hands he was freakin awesome, almost impossible to beat! And it was easier to hammer out his moves in quick succession.

Heheeh FINISH HIM!

Don't know about red Faction 2. Getting it for christmas...I'll let you know!

MantisMag
12-23-2002, 12:31 PM
i don't like deadly alliance. the button presses for the combos are too fast. on the really long ones you finish pressing the buttons 2 or 3 moves before they finish the combo. i think they should be timed so that you press the button for the next move just as your fighter is finishing the move before.

the other thing i don't like is that they don't really fight like the styles they're supposed to be using. sure they do some moves that are from the styles but they don't actually fight very differently from each other. i guess the best example is the blind guy. he's supposed to be using tai chi. all he does is slap you with some tai chi moves. somebody actually fighting with tai chi should wait for the opponent to attack and then use whatever his opponent does against him. so his fighting style should be based around reversals. there's also some other niggling little things about their fighting that only people like me get annoyed about.

oh and does "alley oop!" annoy anybody else?

seems everybody else loves this game. is it just me? i liked the old mortal kombat. don't really care for any of the newer fighting games. doa3 was pretty good. not because of the graphics. ;) i liked the way reversals and throws worked giving it a rock, paper, scissors strategy. i also liked soulcalibur. i'm really looking forward to soulcalibur 2 coming out on the consoles.

darklord
12-23-2002, 12:54 PM
MK: DA is pretty good....for the first week of playing it. Granted, it's kind of fun since everyone has 3 fighting styles and a weapon (well, except that flame guy and Mokap), but after you unlock all the characters and whatnot, it's boring. At least with Tekken it was fast-paced, and the gameplay outlasted a week.
Old School MK was great though, at least, the first 2 ones :rolleyes: . Kind of went downhill from there.

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gimp
I'd buy this for sure, but I've got to pinch my pennies.

LMMFAO I really shouldn't be allowed to read stuff hahahahaha, lets just say the first time i read that i didnt think that was pennies

logamus
12-23-2002, 07:27 PM
i thought this new mortal kombat game was quite fun. as far as the styles of fighting being accurate, i think it was more to be counters. whenever someone changed styles you could counter with a different style. that adds a new challenge. i liked it because you dont have to be a ps2 god to have fun. now a days too many of these games force you to play for 6 hours straight just to get an understanding of the game, i hate that. i want a game that i can throw in and have a good time and mk:da does just that. thumbs up from me.

naughty spongebob.

Jack Napier
12-23-2002, 10:02 PM
oh yeah, just want to clarify that its Dealy Alliance.

Automaggin2
12-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Yeah i just rented it to! its so awsome. Capo, ill take you any day. you cant match my skills :)

gimp
12-24-2002, 12:08 AM
I like frost. I'm not good enough to hit the buttons fast, but she can crank out some deadly combos pretty easily. And she freezes people like sub zero, that makes her cool.

I also think it's great that you can impale people. It's so cool. I think it's kitana, but I'm not sure. She stabs you in the face. It's a wonder that anyone could survive that.

TheMagGuy
12-31-2002, 01:24 PM
Best character in mortal kombat: the blind swordsman guy (forget his name)

TNS2k2
12-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Man i had all those games. I moved to the PS2 and now i will get this one too.

When i played MK 2 for the super nintendo i ruled. i was always Reptile and i was untouchable, i used the orb ball and sent them in the air and never let them touch.

and then when the movie came out i was like OMG, OMG i was telling my mom, that guy is evil and he cant be trusted and this guy is awesome and he is good. I was young and i knew it all.

But this game looks cool and i want to try it now.