PDA

View Full Version : E-mag battery question

freek133
12-23-2002, 12:41 PM
When the battery is hooked up to my gun, the led screen says "low battery" or something of that sort indicating low battery. So I go to put it on charge, and the light is green supposedly indicating that the battery is in trickle mode and is ready for use...

I put the battery back on the gun, and E-mode will not work and the led screen still indicates low battery...

So I put it back on charge and still have a green light,

Should I just keep it on charge? Or what?

toymyster
12-23-2002, 12:46 PM
Sounds like your battery is no longer accepting a charge!!! In other words, dead battery!! However, do check all battery contacts for corrosion and things like that!! Hope this helps!

freek133
12-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Great, just great!

I get my gun, use it for two days of play, and now I have to buy something else!...

hitech
12-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Some of the chargers change to the green light too early. Leave it plugged in over night and you should be fine.

athomas
12-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Plug the battery into the charger and then plug the charger into the 12v outlet. Even if the indicator shows a green, leave it to charge the battery for a few hours.

Kevmaster
12-26-2002, 01:34 PM
yeh, charge it and leave it in for 5-6 hours or overnight. then see if it doesnt work

freek133
12-31-2002, 05:13 PM
Guys, the problem never quit...

I tried charging over night(3 times actually) and nothing... after putting it back on my emag to see if a light in the charger failed I put it back on charge and the light turned red, I thought I was getting somewhere,

Well, after another overnight charge the light didnt change from red, and the emag still showed "lo battery"

So I took it out to the car today and drove around for two + hours to see if it would charge from the car, but to no avail it still hasnt charged...

What is the problem? Do I need a new battery, or do I need a new charger? HELP ANYBODY, OR TOM!

Havoc_online
12-31-2002, 05:26 PM
sounds like a bad battery. it happens.

freek133
12-31-2002, 05:38 PM
thank you very much havoc, could I ask how sure you are that its a bad battery?

because if its not then thats 40 dollars down the drain, and Im a little low on funds due to the up and coming tourney season.

BlackVCG
12-31-2002, 06:24 PM
Here's what you need to do.

Take a digital multimeter (you can get really cheap ones at Radio Shack) and read the voltage of the battery. It should be 16-19V. If it's less than this, then the battery is not accepting a charge and is dead.

Call AGD Tech Support and tell them everything you've told us and see what they can do for you. Do this before you buy a new battery from the store.

hobbesTZ
01-03-2003, 10:47 PM
I'm having the same problem :-(

Atleast my gun is new, so I can take it in. I'm gonna try leaving it in overnight.

tat2dhillbilly
01-04-2003, 01:53 PM
I have an extensive collection of rc car batteries and chargers and discharger equipment. I can rig up a connection to do a hi amp hour discharge of the battery and then do a full hi amp charge follwed by a trickle. This is used to wipe out the "memory" in rc car nicads. Would this work with the e-mag battery? This will generate some heat ,about 100 deg F I should think, will this damage any components?

sniper1rfa
01-04-2003, 05:40 PM
no, it probably wont work, and yes, it will probably damage the battery. a NiCad charger will not be able to "see" the voltage drop of a NiMH battery that indicates a full charge, as it is very small when compared with a NiCad. in other words, it will overcharge, which is REALLY bad for batteries.

crazyray
01-05-2003, 12:46 PM
I too had the same problem. thought it was the battery so i sent it to AGD with the charger. They tested it found it to be nothing wrong so they sent it back. Went out to do a practice and found it doing the same thing again. So This time I sent the emag and battery and charger back. Found it to be the pc board the selenoid was kinda bent. How I have no idea. Works find now.