PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite pack

spawnboy
12-23-2002, 01:32 PM
I'm considering buying a new pack for my JT speed tubes to fit in. I wanna know what the most popular and comfortable packs are. If anyone has used the new JT pack I'd like to know about it too.

EsPo
12-23-2002, 01:39 PM
if you got speed pods, then the JT slammer pack would be the best for you. the only bad thing about it is that its kinda tall, i tried my friends on, and it covered my entire back, but it is very effective. i am very small though.

darklord
12-23-2002, 01:42 PM
I'd have to recommend a Redz Dimension pack. Holds a lot of paint for its size, and is really comfortable, at least, with the Redz comfort belt. It also has a low profile, and doesn't stick out of the sides...the pods are held in securely, too. It really depends on your budget and what position you play, though. If you have the cash, go for a Redz Dimension and comfort belt, otherwise you may want to look into cheaper packs.

The Frymarker
12-23-2002, 01:56 PM
I kind of partial to the JACKO packs, they fit better on me because I'm small,

Hey Spawner!:)

Curly
12-23-2002, 02:17 PM
I really like my Extreme Rage 4.3 pack. they are really comfortable, I barely notice the weight when i have seven pods on.

Clare
12-23-2002, 02:21 PM
I love my extreme rage bullet paq, it's the 5+4 w/ 4 Loops..it's actually still comfy while carrying 11-13 pods

mykroft
12-23-2002, 02:24 PM
I'm very happy with my BlackStar 4+3 down. Best built pack I've ever run across. It's not ideal for speed tubes, but I don't use them. They don't hold enough paint and are a general pain IMHO.

Curly
12-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
I love my extreme rage bullet paq, it's the 5+4 w/ 4 Loops..it's actually still comfy while carrying 11-13 pods

Yeah thats the one i will be using next season. I really like their belt design.

Wc Keep
12-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

doesnt a pack that size cover up your whole body???

Kevmaster
12-23-2002, 03:16 PM
i LOVE the WSG Pillow Pack. they made it with a pillow type thing on there...man o man, is it nice. best damn pack around imho

FutureMagOwner
12-23-2002, 03:33 PM
naw it doesnt cover your whole body it ends up make a giant hump on your back. i just got a red comfortbelt with dimension 3 pod harness with jt speed tubes it worked great it was really a step up from sticking pog tubes in your pants(thats along with other things is why we are partially known as "team boys from the hood" or "team ghetto")

xmetal2001
12-23-2002, 03:35 PM
I love my Redz Dimension 3+2. It holds all the paint I ever need in a game, and I dont play scenarios.

fire1811
12-23-2002, 03:37 PM
i have worn redz packs and swore by them until i came across the mpack..all i can say is this thing is commmmfffyyy....
http://topstitch.net
is link
they make medical bags for ems and firefighters like me 8)
very very good quality
i have a 4down w/3loop

but i would go with either mpack or a redz pack they feel great!

on thing to keep in mind if your going to stay with speedpods from what i have been told u wnat to stay with a horizontal pack. not done it myself but i have seen and heard of ppl with vertical packs who lean back on pack and lids of s/p collapse and crush paint. something to think about

PolishSausage
12-23-2002, 04:18 PM
I love my Redz Dimension 3.2, really comfortable

spawnboy
12-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
one thing to keep in mind if your going to stay with speedpods from what i have been told u wnat to stay with a horizontal pack. not done it myself but i have seen and heard of ppl with vertical packs who lean back on pack and lids of s/p collapse and crush paint. something to think about

That was very helpful, I have a Slammer pack and it isn't bad but I'm told that I can be seen pulling tubes from the side and exposing my flanks. I have also aquired more tubes and not to mention a hyperframe. Therefore more paint will be required :D

I appreciate all of your inputs!
Hi Fry!
spawner

mxracer33x
12-23-2002, 05:55 PM
I use M-Packs and am very happy wit hthe performance of the pack. It is light, yet made of extremly durable materials. The craftsmanship is top notch. They use very good belts and will repair your pack for no charge if you ever did have a problem. Highly recommended in my book

FutureMagOwner
12-23-2002, 07:19 PM
i have speed pods and use the redz which is vertical and had no problem.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-23-2002, 08:19 PM
I also use the M-Pack, I've got a 6 and a 10 Horizontal...(I'm actually trying to sell the 6..anyone...anyone..Bueller...Bueller..)..I love them...quality is great. They are from a company that knows what a good pack means to someone. They don't skimp on anything; just like has been said before. They'll fix anything wrong with the pack. And unlike 99.99% of paintball manufacturers..these are Handmade in Northern California and not China..(check your Tags, kids).

magnj
12-23-2002, 09:32 PM
I have had a couple packs, first one was a crap 3 tube thing on a regular pant belt which was nasty
then for the WRG I bought a 6+1 wich is ok bounces a little and its wide but holds paint well
I ended up buying a redz belt for 2$ at the WRG !
time to get a redez pack I htink.