PDA

View Full Version : Ahem..... (New SP Shocker picture )

PolishSausage
12-23-2002, 05:13 PM
http://www.smartparts.com/spshocker.htm

that is all

ubooze
12-23-2002, 05:16 PM
OMG!!!!!

WT heck is that!?

That looks tight, yet ugly...... Its going to be hard to get used to it.....

Load SM5
12-23-2002, 05:16 PM
Oh thank God! They kept the accurancy!!!!:p

Looks better than the old shoeboxes.

SyntaxError
12-23-2002, 05:20 PM
TYLER!!! I was gonna post it!!

In my credit, I told him about it!!!

I'm gonna start saving my pennies, provided its less than an Xmag

shartley
12-23-2002, 05:22 PM
http://www.smartparts.com/03shocker.jpg

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=566458

hmmmm ;)

ß.C.
12-23-2002, 05:26 PM
the difference is on the insides :)

pito189
12-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Shartley I agree.

And is that a new Max Flow on the bottom of that new Shocker.

This should stir things up a little bit.:D

cphilip
12-23-2002, 05:31 PM
....Appropriate titles please...

:(

Bunny
wow....im totally SHOCKED! HAHAH GET IT!?!?! i do have the blue SP hott chick poster. But damn that looks so nice. Even tho they stole the looks from AO it still looks nice. Damn new guns! First the Xmag and now the 03 Shocker. All i can say is wow im just surprised.

Extreme Body
90 degree Impy Frame
Low Rise

hmmm......

Emagster
Originally posted by ß.C.
the difference is on the insides :)

yea...the e-mag wont chop, shoots faster, umm...made by AGD(need we say more?)

darklord
12-23-2002, 05:32 PM
I must say, I'm impressed. I was expecting the new shocker to be similar to imps....but this one seems to be smaller and sleeker. I wonder if they're as big of gas hogs as the old ones. Neato! :D

mxracer33x
12-23-2002, 05:34 PM
LOL, I must say I agree with SHartley on that. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it too.

But I definitly think it is an improvement in appearance over the old Shocker models

EsPo
12-23-2002, 05:42 PM
i think it looks really nice. so if thats what the new shockers look like, i wonder what the nerve will look like..

btw, is that a metal maxy, it doesnt look fiber wrapped...

personman
12-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
btw, is that a metal maxy, it doesnt look fiber wrapped...
It looks like a colored tuff skin or something :confused:
It looks pretty kewl, almost too much like an allum. mag..

ChucktheMAGician
12-23-2002, 05:52 PM
Looks interesting, but the link takes me to the older shockers:confused:

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 06:01 PM
New guns always get me excited *prays for a 1X frame and a thicker foegrips*. If it's everything it has been hyped up to be (low kick ,efficiency, fast, etc. etc.), I may very well get this.

The new Maxy and tank cover also look reeeeaaaaal nice.

I'm surprised SP used an Eclipse drop in that pic instead of their own though.

Soooo much new stuff... Head... Going.. to... explode!

AllAmericanMag
12-23-2002, 06:03 PM
Reminds my of the 03 Ford Thunderbird....

manike
12-23-2002, 06:07 PM
That looks good! I like it.

manike

magman007
12-23-2002, 06:11 PM
i like it. But i must say, that it looks amazingly like featus's body design.

it should be nice, sp makes a ton off of the impy, so it is evident they dropped a penny or 2 intot he r&d work on the s^2 (im calling it that because it is like the shocker squared, the next evolution etc, plus it is shorter than saying the new shocker) and a few on the nerve

IT will be promising.

Every one seems to be getting a face lift, it seems time for the angel to recieve a major one as well.

As for this thread title, it was very missleading, and polish sausage you know better

AS for not being able to see , try cvlearing history, cookies, and refereshing

SyntaxError
12-23-2002, 06:14 PM
I emailed SP's sales guys to see if they can give me a projected MSRP...I'll let you guys know

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 06:20 PM
it seems time for the angel to recieve a major one as well.
It's called the IR3, happened earlier this year.:)

sniper1rfa
12-23-2002, 06:24 PM
warning!: picture shown not to scale!

look at the feed neck as compared to the ball detent. .50 cal.? ;)

just because of the size/shape (assuming closed bolt operation) i would say its a spool gun similar to the mayhem, only with a better 'noid for higher operating pressure and a smaller overall gun.

or i could be wrong...

magman007
12-23-2002, 06:25 PM
hmm the ir3 wasnt much of a face lift, a few little mods here and there, but nothing major.....

nothing like the extreme body to the mag, or this new shocker

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Whats up with the sluggo mag with SP stuff on it, annodizing and a electro frame on it?:confused:

:D

personman
12-23-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by magman007
they dropped a penny or 2 intot he r&d work on the s^2 (im calling it that because it is like the shocker squared, the next evolution etc, plus it is shorter than saying the new shocker)
s²?

:D
< |5 1337

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 06:31 PM
nothing like the extreme body to the mag, or this new shocker
The Extreme body was just, well, a new body. The X-Mag was the new body, anti-chop eye, and lvl 10. The IR3 had:
A. Totally redesigned grip frame.
B. Redesigned (shorter) solenoid.
C. COPS anti-chop system.
D. Gated Feed Neck.
E. redesigned board and LCD display.
I think that's enough to warrant it as atleast a facelift.

IMO, this isn't a Shocker at all. It's not a facelift, more or less, a 100% new gun. SP is just carrying the name over.

RetroEclipseMan
12-23-2002, 06:41 PM
I actually like this new look quite a bit. It does resemble a few of the designs that were created for the sluggo body. I am curious of how it actually operates as well as how efficent it'll be. And most importantly the price.

potti
12-23-2002, 06:47 PM
i really really like tat new body design. i'm very impressed with it. its not a brick anymore!!!

EsPo
12-23-2002, 06:54 PM
i just thought, maybe the air system on that is the nerve, or is the nerve a gun?

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 06:58 PM
just thought, maybe the air system on that is the nerve, or is the nerve a gun?
That's exactly what I was wondering.

freek133
12-23-2002, 07:10 PM
boy howdy,

shoebox goes to tube on a rail look, never thought I would see the day.

Evil Bob
12-23-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm curious about the reg they're using on the HPA system... not the typical HiFlow...

-Evil Bob

Me
12-23-2002, 07:33 PM
its prolly just wicked wide so they could fit everything in it :eek: :D :rolleyes:

FutureMagOwner
12-23-2002, 07:38 PM
it looks like a gun a klingon would use if it was red and shot lighting bolts or something

and evil bob is maxflow not hiflow ;p

im surprised to see it like that it looks cool but weird if it performs as good if not better i would buy one someday

Kevmaster
12-23-2002, 07:45 PM
yeh, wait for it to be "oh, yeh, we forgot to tell you...its 7" wide"

oh, and does anyone know that its not the same design as the old shocker? i mean, i know its smaller, but its possible they fit all they needed in the smaller space. does anyone know for sure that they changed the design around away from the dual tube two solenoid(kinda like a cocker--exactly like an excal)?

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 07:47 PM
:)

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 07:50 PM
I HIGHLY doubt it's the same design, it'd be almost impossible to compress all those parts into one tiny tube, then sqeeze out even better performance than before.

bobvannes
12-23-2002, 07:51 PM
That has to be the coolest Nova I've ever seen.

We'll see if it performs as well. :D

freek133
12-23-2002, 08:01 PM
Lets get em back!!!!!

I think we should sue them!!!!!!!!! They've been sueing every other gun manufacturer, lets get em back!

TNS2k2
12-23-2002, 08:02 PM
well i looked at it. my thought....UGLY!!
then i stared at it...i stared....then thought OMG dont look it in the eye.....ah, too late.....Hooked.
I am gonna have to try one, and maybe get one sometime.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-23-2002, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry..I'm just not impressed. Maybe it's just the fact that SP seems to have great vision with horrible execution. When they can fix the FSDO on the Impulses than maybe I'll look at what they could do to the new shocker..

AGD
12-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Knowing all the parts that have to go in that thing I have to ask.... how wide is it in the back? It looks suspicious to me.

AGD

halB
12-23-2002, 08:47 PM
isnt it odd that the people who sell the freak, the whole "barrel determines accuracy thing" go and seem to tout closed bolt accuracy?

Ov3rmind
12-23-2002, 08:55 PM
isnt it odd that the people who sell the freak, the whole "barrel determines accuracy thing" go and seem to tout closed bolt accuracy?
Nah, SP has always been about "low pressure = accuracy". I'm guessing this will be a fairly LP marker.

AssassN
12-23-2002, 08:55 PM
WOW! Storm sent me that link but that picture didn't come up!

That is awesome! NO offence Lance but u got bad taste in guns!

magnj
12-23-2002, 09:20 PM
hmm. Definitly not what I expected ad the link on the site does not show the new shocker if the pic here is actualy the new shocker cuz on the site it says that the new shocker is theo ne in the pic. Also Im pretty sure the Nerve is a gun and that tank is the new maxi but who knows, damn now i better ait it out and see whats goin on before I get a new gun.

Brak
12-23-2002, 10:01 PM
uhh.... i want one...

WARPED1
12-23-2002, 10:33 PM
I just found my new gun.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-23-2002, 10:48 PM
I'd have to agree with some people who posted earlier...when did AGDE sell SP some X-Mag bodies to mill?...it looks like a design Manike passed on when coming up with the X-Mag CnC.

PolishSausage
12-23-2002, 11:17 PM
Adam, dont feel bad that i stole it from you, I even got yelled at twice for my "misleading title"....

Ah well, I give credit where credit is due, and yes Adam did tell me about this first...

Me
12-23-2002, 11:35 PM
whats so missleading

pito189
12-23-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Me
whats so missleading

The original title was "Ahem.....".

Me
12-23-2002, 11:52 PM
o. i get it. i think more people would look if it mentioned the new shocker pics

IAMJaws
12-24-2002, 12:36 AM
I got an Idea let's make like... like...Smart Parts... And SUE THEM!!!!

adam shannon
12-24-2002, 12:39 AM
no wonder all the x-valves are sold out SP bought them all to go in their new shockers.

i have a sneaky suspicion were gonna see something very similiar to the mag valve inside that beast.

if that pic is to scale, and not a concept pic, it looks like the back diameter cant be more than a golf ball.

even if they rip off the level 10, and the x valve...they still dropped the ball by not stealing the swapable feed modules...i am interested in the new max flo though.

ChucktheMAGician
12-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by freek133
Lets get em back!!!!!

I think we should sue them!!!!!!!!! They've been sueing every other gun manufacturer, lets get em back!

Originally posted by IAMJaws
I got an Idea let's make like... like...Smart Parts... And SUE THEM!!!!

Hey, is there an echo in here or is it just me?!!:D

manike
12-24-2002, 06:24 AM
Photo Shopped...

Does someone with the skills have the time to take a look at that picture and check it out for us?

I don't believe that is a genuine assembled picture and I'll tell you why, I'm skeptical about the size just like Tom.

Firstly that Eclipse Drop in there looks photoshopped in. It doesn't look like it is assembled with the rest of the gun.

The bottom of the feed neck, through which a ball MUST pass, appears to be narrower than the tip of the barrel... which makes me think that's the correct body but it's way off scale to the barrel and grip frame.

The scale of the gripframe doesn't feel right to the feed neck also.

I'd love to eat my words and be wrong. I love how this looks, but something about the image doesn't feel right to me.

manike

manike
12-24-2002, 06:36 AM
Am pretty sure it's fake picture... The body looks like it should be larger and wider in real life.

Here are some comparisons... I don't see how paint that makes it ouf the barrel could have fitted down the feed tube :)

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/03shock.jpg

Gutted :(

manike

steveg
12-24-2002, 08:33 AM
it might be bad background cropping
the hopper socket does look to be a correct size
I think that I read about(mag sized) prototypes from almost a year ago.

SyntaxError
12-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by PolishSausage
Adam, dont feel bad that i stole it from you, I even got yelled at twice for my "misleading title"....

Ah well, I give credit where credit is due, and yes Adam did tell me about this first...

YEAH! First person in the general public to see the new Shocker!!!!

And theres no guarantee that its closed bolt, they just kept the Shocker name. Also, how can you guys think its ugly? It looks very similar to an XMag!

ZyperioN
12-24-2002, 09:28 AM
overall it looks nice but that foregrip has to go. god that foregrip looks ugly, put some meat on it!!!!

WARPED1
12-24-2002, 10:04 AM
It may just be a cocept pic,as it says on www.smartparts.com "available [i]SPRTING[/i/ 2003,I doubt highly its a pic to mislead us in any way shape or form.Lots of you probably hate SP,but w/o them there never would have been a solenoid controlled electropneumatic semi as early as we had one,the PVI(pneu ventures inc) made the very first electro gun,the Shocker, for SP.SP was not happy with the first few runs and severed ties with PVI and took over r+d on Shockers,that's when the gun got good.
Incidentaly,my friend has Shocker #17 made by PVI,sold to him by someone who was/is an All American,we play on Frank Connels field down here in Titusville,Florida,so we get the hook ups(sorta).Why our Shockers run like buddah.When they need work,an actual AA who knows what he's doing works on them,problem solved.
Also incidentally,his upgrade rental packages are:Impulse,then Shocker!

WARPED1
12-24-2002, 10:13 AM
I'd want a verticle Max-flo,only prob is,the 4500's cvan't be made vert,but I'd probably run it CO2(the only gun I know of that runs well on crap gas,1100 shots out of a 20oz anti siphon.)so I really wouldn't need it unless they cdhanged stuff:rolleyes: .

manike
12-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Lots of you probably hate SP,but w/o them there never would have been a solenoid controlled electropneumatic semi as early as we had one,

Not true. WDP was working on the Angel at the same time. Both had working prototypes at the same time, Shocker just made it onto the market first, but look who took over the market pretty quickly and became the best known electro... :)

thei3ug
12-24-2002, 10:40 AM
the ties with PVi weren't so "cut and dry," so to speak. There was more than just a little bad blood from that deal.

magnj
12-24-2002, 11:01 AM
Hm So you rely think that that picture isnt photoshoped, I do, that body is probably 1 1/2 times the size as they show it, I doubt they would completly re design the gun, i bet its the same gun and that picture is a little off but hey id love for that to be the real deal...

Bunny
12-24-2002, 11:32 AM
i would take it in yellow...

Bunny
12-24-2002, 11:34 AM
The thing that looks weird to me is the macroline and fittings...

WARPED1
12-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by manike

Not true. WDP was working on the Angel at the same time. Both had working prototypes at the same time, Shocker just made it onto the market first, but look who took over the market pretty quickly and became the best known electro... :) True,I had forgotten that.

TheGreyMage
12-24-2002, 11:52 AM
i really liked the new t-bird analogy. it is almost good, but not quite. if in fact it is this size it will be a nice alternative to many of the very tall sub $1000 electros on the market. i do not like the milling that they have done with it, and would have prefered either an eliptical design or more simply a traight tube. it looks like it is frowning at me.

It is hightly doubtful that this is a spooled design, and i am guessing that it is the same conceptual operation as the old one, with smaller and rearanged parts. one can fit most of the integral components into a much smaller package than the shocker was, it just takes some thinking. The other reason i say it is probubly not a spooled gun is because as the owner of 2 novas i can tell you that they are not reliable, and it is much harder to use a spool in a true closed bolt operation than you might think. the bow forward design (used on both the mayhem and conceptually in the matrix) lends itself much more easily to this sort of an application.

sniper1rfa
12-24-2002, 11:56 AM
the mayhem IS a spool gun, and the design is fairly nice. with a little work, it could be stuck into that package and made to run well.

person1
12-24-2002, 12:37 PM
I definetly like the old looks better. Now it just looks weird. Like a wanna be E-mag.

Ov3rmind
12-24-2002, 02:47 PM
I think this should settle any disputes on how wide it is (courtesy of infoman on PBNation):
http://www.pbnation.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1289848
It looks a lot less like a tube from this angle.

pito189
12-24-2002, 03:18 PM
WOW! That thing looks hot in red. I think I just found the second best looking marker. Right behind the X-Mag.:D

EDIT: Shocker and the Nerver are both very good looking guns though.

On the Never what is that big knob in the back I wonder?

Ov3rmind
12-24-2002, 03:22 PM
Correction: That is actually Smart Parts' other new gun, the "Nerve".

DiRTyBuNNy
12-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Well..if that's the Nerve...the 03 Shocker and the Nerve seem to share some parts...gripgrame...front grip...general size and shape....hhhmmmmm...Simon..it's time for your knowlege...tear that bad boy apart...

Jonesie
12-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Beyond the sweet looking trigger, I don't care for it. Although I'll be willing to bet that once they're released, I'll see a million of them at my local field.

They've always been a Shocker/Impulse kinda shop...

Jonesie Out

Automaggin2
12-24-2002, 03:46 PM
it looks ok. to maggish looking. im guess they used a very small solenoid, i dont think its a spool design. they prolly took old shocker and used the shrinking machine from honey, i shrunk the kids

Originally posted by AGD
Knowing all the parts that have to go in that thing I have to ask.... how wide is it in the back? It looks suspicious to me.

AGD

they took the old shocker and turned the body sideways :p :D

Automaggin2
12-24-2002, 03:52 PM
o, and guys, that picture of the red gun, that is not the 2003 shocker. look, it has a lpr in the front, the body is different, its taller...hmmm.nerve?

they need to ditch that god awful foregrip

magman007
12-24-2002, 04:12 PM
well, maybe that is the new shocker, because, well we already determined the blue one looked photo shopped. and i always remember shockers having end caps....

Also, if sp knew that pic was around, they would have updated their site. the nerve wouldnt slip out like that so easily

Also, doesnt that gripframe look alot like the kapp reflex frame for the cocker?

maybe, those are 2 different proto bodies? the red one looks a little more finished.

then again, they have that whole color coding thing..... oh well, speculation is fun, but, we will know nothing untill sp tells us

magman007
12-24-2002, 04:14 PM
new info....

IMpulse owners group claims the red marker in question to be the nerve

guys, those are the new markers, too similar to me!

Ov3rmind
12-24-2002, 04:17 PM
More pics of the Nerve and 03 Shocker!!! (http://www.geocities.com/infoman20032003/pics/)
The red one IS the Nerve.
The blue one IS the 03 Shocker.
Pretty much everyone agrees on that now (plus, it's stated in the 03 SP catalogue).

TNS2k2
12-24-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Correction: That is actually Smart Parts' other new gun, the "Nerve".

yes that is the nirve. I am sure that the nirve and shocker are like the Excal and the Viking. Shocker closed Nirve open. same styling and all. I still like it.

magman007
12-24-2002, 04:27 PM
FROM LARRY AT IOG
Nerve The Nerve receives 2 new innovations; the redisigned maxflo 4500 air system and the new lpr. MAXFLO is smaller way smaller about half the size of the orginal maxflo. Its now a inline reg too the manifold is gone, Integrated dovetail mount and the gauges can be set to either side. LPR self adjusting output pressure similar to the patented max flo- is a feature no other lpr offers, this is NOT a volumizer it is a regulator designed to maximize rapid firing consistency.

Patented Electronic control delivers fire rate of 20+++BPS
Freak Barrel
Patented low pressure air regulation shoot paint straight and far
VISION EYE
Built in LPR
Reverse polarity Magentic trigger
Electronics housed in the grip
Quick clean PIN-LESS bolt assembly
9 disc cd changer (joke)

Sinnet
12-24-2002, 06:33 PM
the old and the new...

manike, do you think they'd use a photoshoppery in a pic like this?
http://www.impulseownersgroup.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=77004

WARPED1
12-24-2002, 07:03 PM
I believe its real.As shifty as SP can be,they wouldn't lie about a new gun design,thats in thier catalog,on the site etc etc.

Brian68mag
12-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by AGD
AGD
Maybe they are all in the barrel, no paintball is getting through that tiny *** feedneck.
Its probably photoshopped, not even a working prototype. Look how wide the end of the barrel is compared to the feed neck, there is NO WAY a ball can get through that, unless the magical low pressure gods shrink the paintball and re-inflate it!!!!!!!1111

magnj
12-25-2002, 09:50 AM
nerve mmmmm

steveg
12-26-2002, 11:18 AM
http://www.badlandspaintball.com/page%20guns/shocker/03shocker/shockerb.jpg
http://www.badlandspaintball.com/page%20guns/shocker/03shocker/shockerc.jpg

could it be that a few people were wrong about a few things:rolleyes:

magman007
12-26-2002, 11:44 AM
ONe question... How the hell does that look like a flatline?

Now the dye tank, i can understand that, because it actually looked like one... that, looks nothing like a flatline! jeebus!

That looks like a new maxflo.... which it is!

RTMAGBOY13
12-26-2002, 04:26 PM
OLD SHOCKER
Dual Solenoid Timing
two bore construction
seperate solenoid housing
Standard trigger
n/a
180 psi range

NEW SHOCKER
single self-timing solenoid produces more shots per second
single bore construction greatly reduces body size
electronics moved into grip frame to reduce body size
reverse polarity magnetic trigger
optical vision board
150 psi range improves air efficiency & reduces breakage

RTMAGBOY13
12-26-2002, 04:27 PM
and look at this

mykroft
12-26-2002, 04:36 PM
New Shocker's so small because it's now a Single Solenoid closed bolt design (Can't wait to see how they pulled that one off). The Nerve is also closed bolt, but has an LPR and a faster board (20+bps to the Shockers 18), they're both vision equipped. The extra height of the Nerve goes to it's LPR (Reportedly based off the Max-Flo) and possibly a second solenoid (Just guessing here). And wonder of wonders, no more timing on teh Shocker.

They obviously share a top tube, foregrip(Which is likely the Impulse part) and gripframe (I'm guessing that will show up on the Impy too). From the look of it, the Impulse is still shorter length-wise, but is about as tall, or a bit taller than the Nerve. I'm hoping for a 9V or rechargable battery solution, rather than the lame Shocker Battery in the 2K2 and earlier Shockers.

*ArKfEaR*
12-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Well i finally fell in love with a gun, something different. Welp looks like im selling my Angel and putting the money in the bank till april :). In the mean time ill play with my cocker. Cant wait baby....

WARPED1
12-26-2002, 09:05 PM
I love it!I've always been a huge Shocker fan,I guess I got that from hangin' out with Frank from the AA's when he's home.
Anyone know the MSRP?I sent away for the catalog,so I should get it in 11 1/2 months.:)

mykroft
12-26-2002, 09:22 PM
Word has it that it's $750 or maybe a bit less.

alt01
12-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Anyone else notice that the new Shocker is an E/XMag ripoff and the Nerve looks suspiciously like a Timmy?

WARPED1
12-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by mykroft
Word has it that it's $750 or maybe a bit less. Awesome!

magnj
12-26-2002, 11:24 PM
ok we have ALL NOTICED IT LOOKS LIKE A MAG SO SHUTUP. MMM maybe my buddy will get one.

*ArKfEaR*
12-27-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by alt01
Anyone else notice that the new Shocker is an E/XMag ripoff and the Nerve looks suspiciously like a Timmy?

Ummm first off, the friggin Nerve is an amazing design and looks nothing compaired to that POS milled spyder you call a timmy dont compare. And if you look at a few other angles of the 2k3 shocker you will notice it does have its differences with the Mag but overall you can tell the body is a little similar. Its far by alot more attractive than any mag i know of (excluding the SLF II custom) Please if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything it will save some bandwith on AO anyway.

mykroft
12-27-2002, 11:52 AM
There's little resemblance between the Nerve and a Timmy. Now, the Shocker does really resemble the non-C&C Extreme E-Mag, with a few differences. The Nerve looks fairly unique (It really looks like an Impulse Crossed with the new Shocker)

magman007
12-27-2002, 12:09 PM
It hought we determined that the s^2 looks like the sluggo body festus did.. i dont think it looks much like a non cnc.

AS for Ark, i thought you dissapeared. It was getting borign here without you and our cocker accuracy arguements! Got those videos up yet???

As for asthetically pleasing, it is, still not sexier than my regular sfl(but that is my opinion, i traded a brand new pre ordered x-mag for my sfl, because it looks better... that says alot no?)

the nerve, well i feel it will opperate like an excal clashed with an imp.

Another thing sp is killing them selves with is going closed bolt. This means, that people are going to be limited to their hoppers, and that sp needs to make the speed adjustable. UNless the markers fire in cocker mode, where if you hold your finger back, the bolt will stay back.

THe problem is the timing with the feed speed. Atleast in the Excal's, the bolt is always cycling at lers say 18bps. Your hopper needs to be able to feed that 18 bps, or your gunna chop.

This may hurt sp, if they ding get adjustable bps set in that.

Also, why dont they make one open bolt? besides the impy i mean, open is faster then closed, and intodays world of.. Look my timmy gan do 32, my e-mag can do more, etc... this would help boast more and more sales

Ov3rmind
12-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Another thing sp is killing them selves with is going closed bolt. This means, that people are going to be limited to their hoppers, and that sp needs to make the speed adjustable. UNless the markers fire in cocker mode, where if you hold your finger back, the bolt will stay back.
Cocker mode would be awesome! I agree on the adjustable ROF though, I believe that is needed for ALL electronic markers.

Also, why dont they make one open bolt? besides the impy i mean, open is faster then closed, and intodays world of.. Look my timmy gan do 32, my e-mag can do more, etc... this would help boast more and more sales
Besides the fact that these are totally new designs, there are already prexisting closed bolt based guns that can do 22+ bps. I really don't think a higher ROF is required. Due to the fact that the 03 Shocker uses one 'noid, I have a feeling that it'll be able to cycle faster than any closed bolt gun out anyway.

mykroft
12-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Open isn't any faster than closed, and timing isn't going to be an issue.

First off, the only real difference between open and closed bolt is the rest position of the bolt. The complication in making a closed bolt electro is that the bolt moves seperately from the valve's activation, so previously a dual solenoid design was used, this caused timing issues (The timing of each solenoid activation had to be synchronized, and this was problematic with analog boards like the old shockers). With a single solenoid design (Can't wait to see how they pulled that off), this problem goes away.

Feed issues: Feed speed is an inherent problem with any marker with a fixed bolt cycle time, this is worse with closed bolt, but trivial to address with a Vision system like the new shocker, you simply don't close the bolt unless there's a ball in the breech. Problem Solved. If vision is turned off, you just increase to a default open time and slow the gun down to 12-13bps or so.

As to why one isn't open bolt, well, closed bolt is a selling feature, the Shocker is the ower end of the 2 and it MUST be closed bolt (Or it ain't a shocker), so of course the Nerve is going to be closed bolt as well, it's marketing really.

I suspect the Nerve is simply a Shocker with an LPR and lower bolt pressure, combined with a faster board.

*ArKfEaR*
12-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Yes magman but closed bolt is more accurate :rolleyes:

actually i havent played paintball in 4 months ive been working on my supra instead. Pretty much consuming all my money and time :)

mykroft
12-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Closed bolt ain't any more accurate. Unless of course you've got a dispensation from upon high that repeals the laws of physics.

magman007
12-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Lol ark, i knew you would say that!

Get pics up od your supra when its done, i cant wait to see it.

Mykroft, thankyou, after i posted that i realized... the excal is a 2 solenoid, so this has to be done correctly....

JT2002
12-27-2002, 04:24 PM
anyone else think the nerve looks kinda like the angel lcd's? both the newer and the older ones

mykroft
12-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Maybe an inverted angel. The top tube of an Angel is thinner, The Nerve's is thicker.

Now maybe a less tubelike Matrix.

manike
12-27-2002, 05:09 PM
I've had an e-mail from Graham Easton at Smart Parts, confirming that is the real thing and that it will be due out in April/May :) Woot!

My Apologies for inferring that it may have been photoshopped.

I've also asked him if it works the same way as the old shocker or is a new design...

I can't wait to see one for real and try one out! I like it's size and looks a lot.

manike

*ArKfEaR*
12-29-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by magman007
Lol ark, i knew you would say that!

Get pics up od your supra when its done, i cant wait to see it.

Yah ill get them for you might be a while cause right now im doing all performance modifications first as well as working on the engine. Im trying to pump out a nasty amount of HP, but then i will be doing the body. Im most likely going to use a Veilside body kit with overfender. BTW you like cars? As for the video, since i really dont care for paintball much anymore dont expect one soon. But im probably going to be getting back into paintball maybe sometime in february especially in the spring with the new shocker coming out. I have too many other things that are time consuming (having a life is a good thing :D :rolleyes: ) with work, working on my supra, then hanging out with my friends and girlfriend. As well as going out on the weekend and sleeping all day on sunday (break from the week) i hope i can somehow get some time to play again cause it was fun.