PDA

View Full Version : Some design ideas/Questions for automags

Bloff
12-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Hi Tom,
Firstly I was wondering why AGD does not make a polished centerfeed stainless body for the classic automag?
I would love to upgrade my old mag with one!
Secondly just a few thoughts on a new E-mag design.
I think it would be nice to lose the huge battery foregrip [UGLY] and replace it with a smaller neater version like on the RT.
The battery could be incorporated in/as a bottom body rail similar to a Bushmaster.just thoughts.
Regards
Shane
PS if i could draw it i would but my genius with a pencil is lacking

Bulldog
12-24-2002, 03:24 AM
I was wondering why AGD does not make a polished centerfeed stainless body for the classic automag?

You mean like this?
You should be able to mount that on a classic. I haven't done it myself, but I've seen a few around here with it

FooTemps
12-24-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Bloff

Secondly just a few thoughts on a new E-mag design.
I think it would be nice to lose the huge battery foregrip [UGLY] and replace it with a smaller neater version like on the RT.
The battery could be incorporated in/as a bottom body rail similar to a Bushmaster

Well, it would be nice to have a neat foregrip and incorporated battery into the rail but there's no room for it. The smaller round battery looked ugly when actually combined with the x mag body imo. I think that the foregrip is actually fairly good, it provides a good area to grip.

Brak
12-24-2002, 11:43 AM
the grip is what makes the emag different, why would we want to make it look like everything else?

toymyster
12-24-2002, 12:27 PM
I for one happen to like the battery pack on the E-mag, as brak said, it is one of the E-mag's distiguishing features!! And yes, you can use the polised no-rise body on a classic 'mag!!! Also, you can get the vert feed Minimag body available in the attic sale and polish it to a high luster yourself!!

EsPo
12-24-2002, 01:53 PM
the micro e mag also has the body/rail combined.

Bloff
12-27-2002, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
The no rise body looks great.I didn't know that it would fit a classic 68.
Cheers
Bloff.

PS. I will leave marker design for the experts.

Havoc_online
12-27-2002, 09:58 PM
FYI - The reason the battery is big is because the high pressure valve demands a big solenoid= needs power.

personman
12-27-2002, 10:02 PM
FYI:
You can use any e-mag body on a classic mag with little to no modification to the body rail.
I'm not sure about the alluminum style mags tho..