PDA

View Full Version : New Airsmithing Website

speedyejl
12-24-2002, 02:36 AM
Me and my buddy are starting up an Airsmithing bussiness. Im gonna be doing some Automag stuff on it, basically everything besides milling and annoing. We are looking into an anno setup currently and, getting a Mill. The anno and mill will be mostly for other guns. but who knows with the new Aluminum bods!!

http://www.elairsmiths.com/
Im just looking for some feedback, and mabye advertise a little :)

FooTemps
12-24-2002, 02:53 AM
It's a pretty good page... I just really don't like the buttons... I like pages made from tables... very clean....

Brak
12-24-2002, 10:25 AM
use frames, frames are really nice, and if you want to impress, a flash intro

sniper1rfa
12-24-2002, 11:10 AM
oooooooh, OSX! ;)

Bront
12-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Your cleaning/rebuilding and O-ring rebuilding links go to the same page. Not sure if they were suposed to.

Looks nice so far.

Kevmaster
12-24-2002, 12:40 PM
yeh, youre cheap, that much is for sure....im not sure if youre maybe too cheap? i mean, "wow, thats almost too cheap--he cant do good work" but you dont want people saying "damn, hes expensive, cant afford that kind of work". most shop rates around the industry are $15-30 per hour for a paintball store. go to Doc's machine shop or another big airsmith, it can easily be $45-75/hour

cledford
12-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Stay in school - or go back! Your grammatical errors made me feel embarrassed for you!

If you are going to start a business you need to do things. Be good at what you do and represent yourself well. You wrote in passive voice, which did not convey any confidence in your abilities. Take the autococker page - I wouldn't let you work (or pay you to work) on my cocker. You show no detailed knowledge or comfort with the cocker - you basically wrote that you will work on it because it is popular. That doesn't inspire confidence in your abilities. Furthermore, there is a huge run on sentence and there is inaccuracy in the history part. The sniper, which is the pump the 'cocker is based on is no where near one of the "first" paintball guns. The 'cocker was one of the first SEMIs - but that is entirely different then what you wrote.

Hope these comments help. This was no way intended to be a flame. I'd suggest you find someone who can write to do the page for you.

-Calvin

P.S. Learn to use a spell check!!!!

shartley
12-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Dealer Forum? ;)

speedyejl
12-24-2002, 01:21 PM
I gave thought about putting this in the dealer fourm. But I'm not really selling products, just services. In other words I'm not dealing in the conventional sense.

Also about the cocker page its sorta funny. Long story short I didn't write it but it was sumbited by my cocker guy. I'll agree with you on that.

shartley
12-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
I gave thought about putting this in the dealer fourm. But I'm not really selling products, just services. In other words I'm not dealing in the conventional sense.

What? Come on.... :rolleyes:

(ADDED: This is what the Dealer’s Forum says….
Own a store or field? Want to advertise sales, special offers, or events? Then this is the place! Note: Please read the rules. Events are not “typical” product either. Simply put, the Dealer’s Forum is for all paintball BUSINESSES, as opposed to private sales… which has its own forums as well.)

speedyejl
12-24-2002, 03:41 PM
a couple people offered to make me a banner from IOG, so Im gonna extend the offer to AO to. check out this link for more info

http://www.impulseownersgroup.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7988

speedyejl
12-24-2002, 03:53 PM
O and about being cheap heh. Our prices are resonable, and since we don't have a big customer base (yet), being cheap might get us one :) Also anyhow, currently our profits minus the price for things we use (lube, orings, etc) are going to three things. A powder coating gun and oven, an annodizing set, and a mill.

FutureMagOwner
12-24-2002, 04:25 PM
when you get your mill ill give you a model and my slug and you mill it for me for free so you know how it works?

Kevmaster
12-24-2002, 06:11 PM
at $5 per item mainly--its gunna be a hella long time before you get that anno bath and mill, but good luck

speedyejl
12-24-2002, 06:15 PM
I could buy a powder coating gun, and an anno bath now if I wanted, I dont think I can burn $1000 on a mill yet though. The idea is to see if there is enough of a market out there.