PDA

View Full Version : Banjo bolt RT problem

Brak
12-24-2002, 11:34 AM
well i was dry firing REALLY fast today, and my body practically came off of my rail and my gun started leaking like hell. i disconnected my air source and i screwed my banjo bolt back in. problem solved. but then i start dry firing again and the body gets loose again! its just really annoying, and im afraid when i play this will happen and ill be screwed.

BajaBoy
12-24-2002, 12:09 PM
i have only shot an "rt" never took one apart but know some stuff about em.

do u have that lil rubber/urathane (sp?) washer between the bolt n rail?

toymyster
12-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Check your front grip frame screw for tightness, or if it's there at all, that is the allen screw right in front of your trigger!! Hope this helps!!

Brak
12-24-2002, 12:46 PM
my grip frame screw is fine, but that is only holding the grip fram onto the body rail. the banjo bolt is the only thing holdint my body onto my rail, and it keeps getting loose

BlackVCG
12-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Banjo bolts don't have a urethane washer. They have the three o-rings that provide a friction fit.

Are you tightening it with an allen wrench? If not, that's all you need to do and it will be fine. If so and it's still coming loose, then replace the o-rings on the bolt and it be sure to tighten it with an allen wrench and it will be fine.

Brak
12-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks, i tightened the banjo bolt with an allen wrench, but since its stripped i didnt tighten it too much. im sure i dont need to take it apart anytime soon, but if i do have to i think i might have trouble. but for not im gonna do a hell of a lot of dry firing and see if its tight enough. if it still isnt tight, is it ok to loctite my banjo bolt? if not i guess i gotta buy a new one.

primetime
12-24-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey I have a extra bolt, if you cant find one.

Brak
12-24-2002, 11:21 PM
primetime is it a banjo bolt? if it is and its in good condition i might have to get it because i dont want any more trouble with mine

primetime
12-25-2002, 08:12 AM
Yes it is, and it is in good condition. I wont be back home till the 31st. I will get back to you then and send it out. If you can email me your address. Thanks.

toymyster
12-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Brak, the body on the RT is held in just like other 'mags, the fact that you say front grip frame screw does not hold the body in place bothers me!!! Are you sure the front grip frame screw is not holding down your body, because it has to and if it's not, there is a problem!!

primetime
12-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Also if you need another body rail for a old school rt I have one too. Just in case yours might be messed up.

cheetah256
12-25-2002, 03:33 PM
i have a classic RT too, and the grip frame screw does hold the body on...

Brak
12-25-2002, 07:09 PM
you mean your grip frame screw (the one above the trigger holds you BODY onto your rail?

toymyster
12-26-2002, 04:36 AM
That's exactly what we mean!!! Sounds like you found your problem!!!

Brak
12-26-2002, 10:54 AM
so let me get this straight. my grip fram screw (the one above the trigger, and i have to put my allen wrench through the trigger gaurd's hole to screw in/out) is supposed to go through my trigger frame, through my body rail, and into my body? mine only goes through my grip frame and into the nut that is in my body rail

primetime
12-26-2002, 11:19 AM
If I rememeber right, its been awhile since I have had to take mine apart. There shouldnt be a nut in your body rail there should be a threaded nipple on your powerfeed/vert feed body that the screw from your gripframe screws into. The little nipple should be around 1/4" or so long. Hope that helps. Also can you post a picture of you body and rail and gripframe, maybe that would help out too, so we all know exactly what you have.

Also email me you addy and I will get you the banjo bolt and consider it a christmas present.

primetime
12-26-2002, 11:41 AM
ok hope this helps out a little. Someone let me know if im wrong. I know its not a RT body but it should be the same for the RT.

Brak
12-26-2002, 12:02 PM
yep, thats whats wrong. my body doesnt have that little thing, its just a hole

primetime
12-26-2002, 12:12 PM
So it sounds like you are in the need of a new body, sorry to hear that. I wonder how that got taken off or better yet why. But you should be able to get someone to sell you one pretty cheap hopefully.

Brak
12-26-2002, 12:29 PM
well, i took it apart, and i realized the "nut" i was talking about what actually the nipple from the body BROKEN OFF!
i'm positive i can fix this with some superglue, seeing how my gun actually performed nicely without using the nipple at all. so, im wondering what i should use to stick the 2 back together. im not going to blow my Christmas money on a new body because IRBODDEN gave me a broken gun!! (yes it was like this when i got it, i remember taking it apart and it being like this)

toymyster this is a question for you!

primetime
12-26-2002, 12:40 PM
I really believe you will need a new body, super glue might hold for a second but not for good. Maybe some type of JB-weld would work?? but make sure you sand the surfaces of both pieces to make sure you get a good surface for it to attach to. Good luck!!

toymyster
12-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Just a typical superglue will not hold the nut onto the body!! Your best bet, of course is to get a new body, or if you know anyone who can TIG weld can weld it back on for you!! However, a two part epoxy type glue may work, you just have to be careful that A) You follow the instructions to the letter, and B)Epoxy the nut Exactly where it is supposed to be!!! And remember, don't get impatient, most Epoxys take between 6 to 24 hours to set!!

Skeetmaster
12-26-2002, 04:11 PM
AND, get a new banjo bolt from matey boy. Make sure its the bolt thats stripped and not the valve.
You probably wont have room to epoxy or JB weld it on either.
Gaz

primetime
01-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Did you get the bolt I sent, you should have it by now. Hope everything works out for ya.