PDA

View Full Version : tom quick question about on/off

azzkikr
12-24-2002, 05:06 PM
hey tom, quick question, can the on/off of the x-mag be fitted into the regular emag? thanks AZZKIKR

Kevmaster
12-24-2002, 06:13 PM
no, it cant. it needs the ACE board to support the resistors that make the switch able to handle the voltage

azzkikr
12-24-2002, 06:17 PM
how is it wired in there? is the power going to the ace board first?

Schnitzel
12-24-2002, 06:44 PM
yep, tom said thats what his dilemma was. he wanted to include the switch in standard emags, but had no room for the transistor. with the arrival of the x-mag's ACE, he had the room, and so that's why it's in x-mags. the only reason it uses a spring is because a spring is much harder to break than a lever.

Kevmaster
12-24-2002, 06:49 PM
i havnt seen the exact schematic for the XMag, but moving this or reposting this in the Tech forum would get you a much more precise answer from one of the guys in there

however, i believe they built the on-off onto the board as an afterthought since the ACE was there

cphilip
12-24-2002, 11:57 PM
I assume your talking about the ON OFF for the power? or the spring type power switch?

If so it is mounted on the ACE board which sits in a milled slot in the Grip Frame. You do not have that milled area in your normal Emag frame. That switch indirectly powers up the marker through the ACE board which takes its power from the old place on the main board that the Burst Mode jumper was on. So you lose burst modes even if you can mill the grip and install the ACE board and even then you have no hole in your body for the ACE to come through and clear the bottom of the ball. Not in a regular SS body. Its not deep enough. So you would need the whole X mag body too. And then reprogram the board to allow the use of the ACE board instead of the Burst Modes. So thats a lot of stuff to do for a switch. Its not a simple change just for an on off switch of some kind. It's a major rebuild of the whole marker. You would basicaly have an X mag and a expensive credit card bill. It can be done but its not as easy as you may think. You would need to see one of these X mags and how they work before you fully comprehend all the changes.