PDA

View Full Version : First day of play! questions on cleaning after! what do you guys do for your RT PRO's

RT PRO's ROCK
09-02-2001, 06:09 PM
I just played with my rt pro for the first time today. It was awesome, but I don't think I found the sweet spot, o well! What do you guys do after playing all day?

Miscue
09-02-2001, 06:10 PM
Clean it up, and put it away for next time!

------------------
"Don't mill your tank." - Miscue

Miscue's Profile (http://www.liquidmagma.com/automags/miscue.php)

MagMan5446
09-02-2001, 06:12 PM
Put a few drops of oil in the ASA, take the internals out and clean it up and you're good to go.

Puckz
09-02-2001, 07:00 PM
I gas mine up and hose it down good. Then take the internals out to dry it off and run a bit of oil through it.

It's worked for me for 2 years now...

------------------
Mikey Smith
About Paintball Dude
http://paintball.about.com
[email protected]

FeelTheRT
09-02-2001, 08:04 PM
gas it up, put it in a bucket of water (w/ warp feed off the mount if u have one).

PsychoMag
09-03-2001, 10:15 AM
I actually take the time to break the gun down and strip it...I like it looking new when I am done so I take every screw out and remove all of the parts, looking for any defects, I put a small amount of lube on the sear, and when I am ready to play again, I put 4-6 drops of AGD lube in the marker, and fire it to lube the rings up for the day...

------------------
"You want a shot at the title?"
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, Just Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

pot35tom
09-03-2001, 10:18 AM
wait wait wait....ur a newbie and u have an RT???

pot35tom

Arturus
09-03-2001, 12:00 PM
pot35tom - I can't answer for him, but yep he apparently does have an RT Pro and I believe he's enjoying his experience so far.

And how exactly do you know that he's a 'newbie'? Last I checked, even the most experienced players can ask about the maintenance of a new marker, that they've never used before.

Now if you direct that question towards me, I can answer it. *grins* I'm the biggest newbie this forum has and yes I have an RT Pro. Cool huh? I think it is, I love it. =p

------------------
RT Pro - Chrome Powerfeed Right
Armageddon 68/4500
KAPP Chrome Apoc Drop Forward
12 vt Revolution
Lapco Aluminum Autospirit 12"

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited 09-03-2001).]

-Jôker-
09-03-2001, 01:15 PM
artus glad ya got a good gun! http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
AutoMag68
PowerFeed
Reactor Valve
BenchMark 2x
LabVert Adapter
Dye Gas Thru Grip
Dye 14 in Boomstick
Warp Feed
Stock Bolt
SOON TO BE
RT Valve
E-Lcd or hyper Frame
ANS Venturi
Some Sort of paint job
10in BoomStick

"our guns are better because we care enough to make them as good as we can. Now don't take my word for it, go over to the Spyder forum and ask the president of that company why his guns are better than Mags. When he gives you an answer come back here and tell us about it."
Tom Kaye
President
AGD

magc68
09-03-2001, 11:04 PM
take the valve off, the frame off, the rail off, and body off. dont take the valve apart unless u r having problems. just clean the outside and bolt. oil the outside of the powertube and put bolt on and spin it to spread oil. clean all the rail, frame and body and put back together. put a drop in the asa and u r good to go.

the bucket of water will work but i dont recomend it as it will rust your screws, standing water in the bolt.

i just stress dont take the valve apart unless u need to or about every 5 or so games.