PDA

View Full Version : Dont know if this should go in the tech forum or here...

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-24-2002, 11:58 PM
Ok, so my clear bumper in my RTP was in shreds(amazing how freaking fast that thing wears) now my friend gave me his blue one from the regular parts kit, is it ok to keep it in there or will there be any problems?

personman
12-25-2002, 12:00 AM
I think you should ordrer another clear one, its softer or something, and I guess that works better.
Just go ahead and order it..

cphilip
12-25-2002, 12:04 AM
You need the clear one. Get a pack of em. Level 10 eats em like candy so get five of em. Check em often.

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Oh so it is LX, I thought it was just me. Yeah 1 game after I install LX, there goes the bumper!

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2002, 12:15 AM
The question I want to pose is...why does LX chew the bumper to hell in such a short amount of time...and if this is true why aren't we trying a harder bumper to overcome with so-called increase in kinetic energy that the bumper is there to dissipate?

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-25-2002, 12:18 AM
Seen a LX bolt? I think how the bottom is going upwards that it chews the center of the bumper faster since more force is being applied to a smaller area.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-25-2002, 12:24 AM
I think it would have more to do with the spring tension is much harder than the regular ones. Harder springs means more stress on the bumper thus wearing them faster. I could be wrong............wait, i'm never wrong.;)

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-25-2002, 12:26 AM
hey what i wanna know is why us losers are posting on Christmas Eve?! Oh well Merry Christmas, and may Santa Tom bring us Xmags...

joeyjoe367
12-25-2002, 02:41 AM
I stayed home on christmas eve by myself, Hungry. The only place that was open was McDonalds, and I wasn't THAT hungry. I'm not a looser :)

back on topic, both the lowered surface area and increased spring tension were mentioned, and I believe that it's a combination of the two that increases bumper wear.

cphilip
12-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Actually they last a bit longer than he experienced that first time. I get a lot of milage out of em when they are fresh but not as much as before level 10 is all. Some of em seem a little better than others. Part of it is due to that cut spring end and I think most people are using that one. But after he starts with a new one he will maybe will see it last a good bit longer than that one did. You should get a few months use or a bit more depending on how much you play out of one. I think they chose the softness for a reason to counteract the force of the thing. I do not think that can be much improved on and they are cheap. A pack of five will last you a year to a couple of years maybe. You should check em every time you clean the marker and do not hesitate to replace. Perhaps they should throw in one or two extra into the Level 10 kit maybe? I would suggest that.

FESTUS33
12-25-2002, 12:12 PM
I think the life span of these bumpers varie's
from batch to batch, I've still got the same
bumper that was installed with the LX kit.
That was 2 week's prior to IAO, and it show's
very little wear. BTW I'm using the heaviest
spring in the kit:D
Rick:eek:

warpfeedmod
12-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Actually they last a bit longer than he experienced that first time. I get a lot of milage out of em when they are fresh but not as much as before level 10 is all. Some of em seem a little better than others. Part of it is due to that cut spring end and I think most people are using that one. But after he starts with a new one he will maybe will see it last a good bit longer than that one did. You should get a few months use or a bit more depending on how much you play out of one. I think they chose the softness for a reason to counteract the force of the thing. I do not think that can be much improved on and they are cheap. A pack of five will last you a year to a couple of years maybe. You should check em every time you clean the marker and do not hesitate to replace. Perhaps they should throw in one or two extra into the Level 10 kit maybe? I would suggest that.

If'n im not mistaken shouldn't the cut spring end be towards the ring in the body and not on the bumper?

FESTUS33
12-26-2002, 08:27 PM
The spring does'nt contact the bumper at all,
it wrap's around the bolt body and seat's against
the bolt base. The only thing that contacts the
bumper, is the bolt base and the valve power chamber.
Rick :eek:

freek133
12-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Wait, Im using the blue bumper in the standard pack...

What is supposedly wrong with this? There wasnt any change when I switched over to the blue one from the clear one after installation of the lvl 10.