PDA

View Full Version : what would you get next if you were me?

A.T.S
12-25-2002, 02:05 AM
I have a classic Mag with a hopper right minimag body I am running it on co2 with a vertical adaptor. (I should have started with a minimag). I am receiving an edge kit for Christmas. I have never chopped a ball so I think level 10 can wait until I feel I need it (Probably get it when I get the x-Valve. I cannot get a retro/x valve because I do not have hpa.

So I guess it is between the intelliframe and hpa. I live in Colorado so in the winter co2 is aproblem. I am planning to eventually "go Retro". Will a tank that is preset to 800 psi provide enough pressure for a nice reactive trigger? I would like a more comfortable trigger than the stock frame. How much does the intelliframe speed up your R.O.F? I get about 6 bps now. I do not shoot very much paint but the faster and more comfortable the trigger, the better.

What would you do?

yeahthatsme
12-25-2002, 07:24 AM
the inteliframe is an amazing improvement over the stock!

i would suggest that you get hpa then an inteliframe then go retro.

dropkick1
12-25-2002, 07:37 AM
i agree with yeahthatsme, thats the same route i went except instead of going retro i sold the gun and went to a micro emag, but have fun and merry x-mas!

ken

magnj
12-25-2002, 09:31 AM
go hpa first, try to get an adjustbale tank such as the nitro duck adjustable screw in , other wise your trigger wont be what you expect, then go retro then intelli

irbodden
12-25-2002, 09:34 AM
High pressure air...

Your gun will perform like kaka without regardless of how fast you shoot.. and when you do shoot faster (assuming you buy an Intelli) performance will get even worse.

TheJester
12-25-2002, 10:09 AM
i would get HPA first, even with all other stock components, my minimag is performing beutifully. i didn't mean for it to play out this way, but intelliframe is actually the last thing i'm getting for my minimag. the 1st thing(s) i bought were a barrel and HPA, and i have loved my crossfire ever since. i just got an x-valve for christmas, and with money i have gotten for x-mas, i'm gonna buy an intelli once i get the checks cashed. but i agree, increased rate of fire won't do you any good if your gun will seize up because it has liquid in it because you were shootin too fast, and being that you're in a cold climate this time of year, as am i, i think HPA is the more logical next step

Kevmaster
12-25-2002, 12:46 PM
HPA #1!!!!

toymyster
12-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Absolutely go HPA first!!

BajaBoy
12-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by magnj
go hpa first, try to get an adjustbale tank such as the nitro duck adjustable screw in , other wise your trigger wont be what you expect, then go retro then intelli

not true, u need to tune your gun. My rt/ 820 psi input is a lil too reactive.

ATS, look into an intell b4 u use Hpa. I kinda wish some days i could go back to co2.

mykroft
12-25-2002, 07:05 PM
I'd look at the HPA. Look for a used 2K1 Max-Flo or used Air America system (Except for a Raptor), that will get you a bulletproof Air System for a bit more than a preset. Another possibility is to find a dead Angel Air and fix it (99 times out of a hundred it's just the Flash Fill problem and that's an easy fix)

magnj
12-26-2002, 10:30 AM
there is nothing wrong with raptor Rex's lol. Anyway I would still say go hpa first. ANd what are yo talking about "tune your rt " ? I htink everyone agrees that you will get the right amount of obunce at around 900-950psi. I dont know what you are geting at 820 but I doupt you are gettting what the rest of us are... Plus your trigger pull is a completly dif. thing with hpoa compared to C02. I hade c02 on my classic for a while and it was nasty and hard and choped. On nitro it will be so much nicer and you dont have to worry about freezing your gun over on it. Intelli simply allows you to fire consistantly

digitard
12-26-2002, 10:34 AM
I had the EXACT same dilema 2 months ago when I joined ...

I had a stock mag w/ remote CO2 and a 10" AA barrel I bought in 97' and decided to upgrade ... I went this route:

1) HPA
2) 12v Revvy w/ Xboard
3) Intelliframe
4) New barrel (boomstick)
5) Adding ReTro and Level 10 in 2 weeks....

Sincerely
Dave

A.T.S
12-28-2002, 02:42 AM
thanks for the info.