PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live

AcemanPB
12-25-2002, 09:00 AM
For christmas I recieved a Xbox with Unreal Championship and Xbox live.

I was wondering If any of you AO'ers have Xbox live and if you do what is your name so maybe we could play some time.

My tag is Aceman430, the only Xbox live game I own is Unreal

Quiet
12-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Not playing live just yet and don't have Unreal Championship either, do have the x-box though.

Blade
12-25-2002, 11:42 AM
gamertag: Blade85
Games: Mech Assult, Ghost Recon, NFL 2k3, Moto GP, and more to come tommorow

FutureMagOwner
12-25-2002, 12:50 PM
i was going to get the ps2 network adapter but its sold out every where and my mom didnt want to get x-box live and have to return so i didnt get it but she will get it this weekend.

i got 4 x box games today(which doubles the amount i own) i got mechassault splinter cell, metal of honor, and another one i cant remeber i think its another robot fighting game(i got like 3 or 4 of them its hard to remeber) and when the network adapter comes in sometime expect to see me owning everyone on socom :)

oldsoldier
12-25-2002, 05:08 PM
Got Ghost Recon=oldsoldier. Same as here. Keeps me from getting confused :)

Jonno06
12-26-2002, 10:55 AM
i want xbox just so i can play online,and live and all that cool stuff..

can you play "live" with PS2 also?

12-26-2002, 11:06 AM
^^^^
Yes, I think they have info on Gamespy.com

Do you have to pay for X-Box Live? If so how much?

Blade
12-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
can you play "live" with PS2 also?

yeah but ps2 doesnt have world rankings, downloadable content, and all the other good stuff

xbox live cost $50 a year,

personman
12-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Hopefully my friends are coming over tonight, and one of them has an xbox..
He doesnt have live but I know we are gonna set up an xbox tunnel network and play Halo, or rent another game that is supported by the tunnel network..

FeelTheRT
12-26-2002, 03:34 PM
i have an Xbox and i just got Unreal Champion. I still prefer the PC version of Unreal Tournament 2003 due to the simplicity of playing multiplayer. This is probably the first time i touched my Xbox in several months lol. I don't have Xbox Live however i do play on Game Spy from time to time.

Jonno06
12-26-2002, 05:19 PM
ok ok ok

so is Xbox LIVE when you play online,or what?

can someone explain it a little better what exactly it is.

AcemanPB
12-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
ok ok ok

so is Xbox LIVE when you play online,or what?

can someone explain it a little better what exactly it is.

Yes, you use Xbox Live to play certian Xbox games online. Also it has other features such as world rankings, buddy lists, and also publishers will put new levels up you can download for certian games. I reciveved Xbox Live for christmas and i've enjoyed so far.

Also the starter kit comes with a headset that you plug into the controler so you can talk to other gamers while you are playing.

Automaggin2
12-26-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Blade

yeah but ps2 doesnt have world rankings, downloadable content, and all the other good stuff

xbox live cost $50 a year,

Thats incorrect. 50 dollers for starter kit, 20 dollers a year after first year

personman
12-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Wow, this is cool.. we have played halo through gamespy tunnel and it was fun, even though it was hella laggy..
And we rented mechassault, I thikn me might play it thru gamespy soon but my brother keeps yelling at us cuz it uses all the bandwith up and he gets an 1000 ping on half life
:p Talk about selfish ;)

Archangel Kid
12-26-2002, 11:00 PM
w00tw00t Xbox live is prolly the greatest xmas gift i ever got :)... GamerTag:RockyCagnoni :)
I'm almost Constantally on UNREAL btw... if u don't think unreal is a simple multiplayer game ur ummm CRAZY :) its got the same controls as HALO sooo sweet like buhduh :) i also have ghost recon and prolly 2morro will be picking up mechassault

mykroft
12-27-2002, 11:46 AM
MechAssault's where it's at.

Gamertag=mykroft

Ranked around 4000 in Destruction, was as low as 1800, but work interfered.

FeelTheRT
12-27-2002, 06:20 PM
they have to make some kind of mouse and keyboard adapter to the Xbox because it is impossible for me to play first person games with a console controllers. And OMG there is Ghost Recon for Xbox?? I hate that game so much on the PC, i would imagine i would hate it even more on Xbox by incorperating my disablility to aim on a controller pad :p

personman
12-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
they have to make some kind of mouse and keyboard adapter to the Xbox because it is impossible for me to play first person games with a console controllers.
Ugh same here..
BTW if you have a good connection and dont really feel like paying for xbox internet, atleast right away, I reccommend gamespy tunnel.. as long as the person your playing with doesnt use 56k and live in africa, or your playing halo with 4 other full xboxes, its not all too laggy.. :D

cheetah256
12-27-2002, 07:11 PM
i got it with my xbox yesterday, so far all i've got is moto GP, but i'm looking at renting some games soon..

AcemanPB
12-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
they have to make some kind of mouse and keyboard adapter to the Xbox because it is impossible for me to play first person games with a console controllers. And OMG there is Ghost Recon for Xbox?? I hate that game so much on the PC, i would imagine i would hate it even more on Xbox by incorperating my disablility to aim on a controller pad :p

I read somewhere that Microsoft doesn't want to make a keyboard for it's xbox because they want to stay as far away from the PC label as possiable.

I play on Gamespy Tunnel with Halo, but it tends to be laggy unless I'm playing 1 or 2 other people. So far with Xbox live i've experienced very little lag at all.

BTW does anyone know how to just buy the Xbox live account, the only was I know how to get an account is to buy the starter kit. I want to make an account for my little brother so he will stop playing on mine and messing up my rankings.

Archangel Kid
12-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Aceman... try www.xbox.com/live search around there and if they don't have it look for an email, or a phone # u can try calling

AcemanPB
12-27-2002, 10:24 PM
eh I called 'em and they said you can only get an account by purchasing a starter kit

Anyone know how to do a guest acount?

Black_Dragun2578
12-28-2002, 12:48 AM
what do u need for xbox live i have alot of games but how do u hook it up and what kinda stuff do i need to getit hooked up to play

personman
12-28-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
eh I called 'em and they said you can only get an account by purchasing a starter kit
Hey, rent a newer game that incorpreates xbox live, like Mechassault, and take an ethernet cable and plug it in to a router and your xbox. Then select xbox live and it will ask you to download xbox live software or something like that, ando nce you do that it will ask you to select your billing reigion and shizzo, and I diddnt go past there because then it would bill you for xbox live :p
You can try that and see if it works..

AcemanPB
12-28-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by personman

Hey, rent a newer game that incorpreates xbox live, like Mechassault, and take an ethernet cable and plug it in to a router and your xbox. Then select xbox live and it will ask you to download xbox live software or something like that, ando nce you do that it will ask you to select your billing reigion and shizzo, and I diddnt go past there because then it would bill you for xbox live :p
You can try that and see if it works..

Nope tried that, it eventually ask for your subscription code, which you can only get by purchasing a starter set with the mike and all

AcemanPB
12-28-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Black_Dragun2578
what do u need for xbox live i have alot of games but how do u hook it up and what kinda stuff do i need to getit hooked up to play

You need to buy the xbox live starter set, It cost 50 bucks and comes with the software, a headset (so you can talk to other gamers) and a one year subscribtion

you will also need broadband internet (DSL, Cable, T1 etc)

Lastly you will need an Xbox live enabled game, games such as Unreal Championship and Ghost Recon will let you play online versus other online gamers. Then there are other games such as Splinter Cell that will let you download new levels and patches via Xbox live

ttoad4000t
12-28-2002, 04:06 AM
ahh, ive had it sense november, i play Ghost Recon and NFL 2k3. UC sucks, bad. Terrible controls,Weapons,Maps, I thought i was in hell...

ttoad4000t is my tag, I wish more people played Ghost Recon online, I rarely find ANYONE on...

:(

:D

Archangel Kid
12-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Ya I wish that there were more people playing ghost recon also :) i love that game so realistic, ttoad... do u play halo at all because if u play halo and like halos controls... don't bash unreals.... they're the same :D

AcemanPB
12-28-2002, 01:38 PM
So far I'm liking unreal, I have yet to play ghost recon but I'll probably pick that game up when I get back from New Orleans.

I wish Halo was Xbox live enabled because playing through tunnel software sucks after playing Live.... oh well guess I'll have to wait for Halo 2.. mmmmmmm Halo 2 ......

FeelTheRT
12-28-2002, 02:52 PM
i didn't find the first Halo to be that great. It was mostely hyped up. I admit it did have some impressive graphics at the time but i just didn't find it to be that fun although the story plot was very good. Gotham Proj Racing was probably my favorite game for a while. Right now i guess i'm kind of hooked to Unreal Championship ;). But you know what really sucks about Unreal Championship? You can't do multiplayer on a single Xbox. What is up with that?? I'm guess because there isn't enough RAM or processing power since you already get some crappy frame rates in single player. At times when you looking at a wall, you get around 60fps and up but at certain times, you get lower than 30fps which really bugs me. It's not so much of the low frame rates that i can't stand, but its the inconsistancy. I just can't stand one minute you rocking the 100fps then the next second it drops down to 30fps from a huge battle. I would really rather play with consistant lower frame rates than erratic frame rates. That is another reason why i prefer PC gaming. You can change your hardware, settings and all that.

nuclear zombie
02-18-2003, 07:47 AM
I just got xbox live , just for mechassault . All i can say is awesome .

Gamertag = nuclearzombie13
I want to be your friend!
we should arrange an AO xbox battle one night!

FutureMagOwner
02-18-2003, 08:49 AM
lol im still waiting for x-box live ill probably get it on my birthday because my mom said if i didnt get it then i would have to pay for the live kit along with a wireless setup to our dsl(or cable if we get it) or something like that which will be very annoying

petefol
02-18-2003, 09:49 AM
i didnt buy it cause the only xbox games i play are halo and shenmue 2. it will be fun to play halo 2 on live with rankings, i'd like to see how well i do.

Archangel Kid
02-18-2003, 10:01 AM
WoW... last night i was playing xbox live and i thought i would revive this thread to see if any new people got xbox live :). I would love to have an AO meet.... right now i have ghost recon, mech assault, and my fav unreal