PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the slug body designs?

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Tom's had these puppies out for how long and i see zero effort (minus Festus) going into people designing a sexy body for the slug. For all you people complaining about the X-Mag taking forever why don't you get off your butt and try to come up with a drop dead gorgeous. Imagine a sexy slug body along with a ULE frame and rail set and have Tom sell it as complete Emag set. that would be sweet...and remember...this will all be produced through AGD here in the states.

Brak
12-25-2002, 07:15 PM
sorry i ate them all

petefol
12-25-2002, 07:29 PM
i spent all my money on an xvalve, once i get another 100$ its going towards a haloB, then the next 100$ will be an iframe, then i'll worry about a new body.

shartley
12-25-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Tom's had these puppies out for how long and i see zero effort (minus Festus) going into people designing a sexy body for the slug. For all you people complaining about the X-Mag taking forever why don't you get off your butt and try to come up with a drop dead gorgeous. Imagine a sexy slug body along with a ULE frame and rail set and have Tom sell it as complete Emag set. that would be sweet...and remember...this will all be produced through AGD here in the states.
No offense, but to complain that X-Mags took forever from a company that MAKES them is totally different than folks who do NOT make them, not making them. LOL Heck, if we all had milling machines in our basements, we would not need to rely on other companies for a lot of things. ;)

You can bet however that if I had a 3 Axis (or more) milling machine, I would be coming out with something…… but I don’t. I bet most folks don’t even have a drill press in their basement, let alone a milling machine. That might be a determining factor for the slow progress of the sluggo designs. And I think it is a bit unfair to expect a speedy response from the general public on this.

Who knows, I may get one and hand carve it….. we will see…. My time is pretty limited.

wimag
12-25-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

And why would this be such a bother to you? Havent really heard all that much complaining about the x-mag, if so it must be minor.
Or they can just go buy a different marker until they come out with more frequency if they have no patience. Sound familiar? Sheesh

RamboPreacher
12-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Think maybe I'll ask for a mill for Christmas next year, then I'll have to ask for the money to ship Manike over here to program it for me and spend the next year or so to teach me how to use it. Maybe then I could make a paintgun body. :)

On second thought, nah. I'll just do what I did. Bought 2 slugs, and gave one to someone that can do the work, so he can do mine for me. Now I just gotta wait. It may take a while, but at least I don't have to buy a mill. Though it might have been nice to hang with Manike for a year. :)

kevdupuis
12-25-2002, 10:52 PM
I have my body, but nothing is going to happen until I collect a couple more pieces for the milling. Once I have all of the pieces and design finalized then I'll start cutting. Until then you'll just have to put up with the anticipation.;)

datapimp69
12-26-2002, 09:27 AM
mine is waiting for a time slot on the mill..

this stuff can take time.

and it was just x-mass, so we did have some other things to do..

brian terry
12-26-2002, 05:36 PM
im milling one now for tom .it will be going back to him soon.then you will see just what you can do to the bodys.

magmonkey
12-26-2002, 06:46 PM
I just got done moving and in the process have had no time to get back out into the shop ..... but now we have heat so as soon as i get a free minute i will order one and start to play

soon the DESTRUCTIVE CUSTOMS EDITION WILL BE ON THE MILL!!!