PDA

View Full Version : Here ya go AO......Meet "Chimaera" SFL II Merry X-mas

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 02:27 AM
Well, she isn't completely finished yet but will be getting ano'd hopefully end of this week. I still have to hit all pieces with the glass-bead again as you can see some area's are still fresh from the mill or sanded to remove minor scratches. For those of you who do not know what a Chimaera is, here is a short explanation for you. Although it started out as an SFL, with all these changes taking place, she needed a new name.

Introducing
“CHIMAERA”

Defined:
1. A monster of classical myth and commonly represented with a lions head, a goats body and a serpents tail.
2. A horrible or grotesque imaginary creature.
3. A fancy or an imagining.
4. An organism composed of two or more genetically distinct tissues.

…………………..A long, long time ago, in a country far, far, away, a terrible monster, called Chimaera, had made its appearance, and was doing more mischief than could be talked about between now and sunset. According to best accounts, this Chimaera was nearly, if not quite, the ugliest and most poisonous creature, hardest to fight with, and the most difficult to run away from, that ever came out of the earth's inside. She was of divine race, not of men, in the fore part a lion, in the hinder a serpent, and in her middle part a goat, who breathed raging fire, a creature fearful, great, swift footed and strong.

Being an earthly monster, I doubt whether it had any wings; but, wings or no, it ran like a goat and a lion, and wriggled along like a serpent, and thus contrived to make about as much speed as all the three together.

HISTORY

This “Chimaera” started out as an SFL Emag. Wanting more of a 1 of a kind marker, the SFL (1 in 50 wasn’t good enough!) went to the mill for some cosmetic changes. Many of the alterations to the grip-frame and battery pack came from ideas and proto’s seen on AO from John Sosta, Manike and AGD. The original idea was to be able to carry the marker with all fingers wrapped around the grip, having a possible single trigger option, some finger groves on the battery pack and an overall unique cosmetic change to the body.

With all these changes taking place, I figured it was no longer a SFL emag. Well, than what is it? A SFL Too?? Doing some research and discovering the Chimeara, I figured the new name suited the project very well…like a glove, especially the Lion! Here are some design changes and influences in this new beast.

Battery pack: Finger slots representing the lions’ head (Triangular).
Battery pack: Dovetail mount removed on lower half of body.
Grip Frame milling: shaved back, finger grooves and finger slot under hall sensor.
Body: SFL shaved under barrel similar to X Mag.
Body: Backsides shaved at 45 to match front and flush to the grip frame.
Body: 2nd oval type shape grooved in front and back.
Body: A crescent moon shape milled in front of barrel threads and back of body exposing fire filled belly of the beast.(ano’d blood red).
Body: 2 holes on tail of body.
Low-rise feed neck milled in a manner to slip over sides of breech.
Aluminum X valve with back half milled as a continuation of the body and will be possibly colored differently in milled areas (blood red)
Warp Breach: Milled to match gun.
Benchmark Flatline tank adaptor milled to match gun and slide further onto 4500 tank reg.
Magnetic Detent, that’s right….no more springs…detents operate on magnets.
Custom Grips, hall sensor cover, selector switch, warp bracket and single trigger not pictured. Stay tuned to the near future for complete finished gun also with modified 4-grip used when relocating battery to the tank.

Keep in mind these are pre-finished, pre-ano'd pics.

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 02:30 AM
Oh forgot to mention how the rise sits down over the sides of the centerfeed breech.

Here are some more pics....Happy Holidays

Sinnet
12-26-2002, 02:30 AM
WOW! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

please post more pics!

edit: is that your valve on there? How much does that whole thing weigh?

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 02:31 AM
another

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 02:36 AM
Yes that is my valve in there and those are slots milled on the valve. There are 2 on the sides and 1 on top and 1 on bottom. I wanted to cnc an "X" on it from the top and the legs would connect to the sides of the body, but ran out of time and patience!!

Nomad
12-26-2002, 02:39 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: HOLY!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 03:01 AM
here is a double trigger with the back of the lower half shaved to make more room for a finger..

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 03:06 AM
Here is one of a single trigger. This trigger has been to hell and back, but I may be able to salvage it!! The bottom side of the gun body has been shaved out for weight, similar to a ULE rail.

rikkter
12-26-2002, 03:08 AM
you ehm. might have to make me one of those warp mounting brackets. oh yes. you just mihgt have to. :D

oh. and uh nice....vedy vedy nice. :D :D

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 03:09 AM
certain area's of the battery pack were also shaved to lose a few grams.

dcmander
12-26-2002, 03:18 AM
Where did you get the dovetail mount piece that is on the bottom of your trigger frame? That is dovetail right?

PsychoBaller
12-26-2002, 03:23 AM
Argg.... lol, i finally get my hands on one of the 50 Original SFLs, pretty red one.... and you, a week later, have to mill yours to be even more awesome than imagined...

ARRGGG...... everything I noticed that could still be milled off the SFL you have done...
Dangit.....

dcmander
12-26-2002, 03:27 AM
LOL, if only a factory could make these and sell them in large quantity.

That dovetail adapter looks real nice; nice and thin like i want mine. Did you make it yourself? Where could i get something similar??

kilaueakid
12-26-2002, 04:03 AM
Dc, air america makes a rail and so does custom products out of az...the one in the pic is a cp. Air americas have a bit more meat on them which is nice if you are mounting a switch/power connector in them....;)

kila

Pand0ra
12-26-2002, 04:50 AM
Congrats for your milling job. Looks very very nice. I like it a lot!

@++

snakestang
12-26-2002, 07:14 AM
GREAT job! Now that is my defintion of S.F.L.

ah137
12-26-2002, 09:23 AM
Looks good, definatlly like the milling on the valve

Hills

AllAmericanMag
12-26-2002, 09:38 AM
That is sick! You have some serious talent!

Mossman
12-26-2002, 10:27 AM
YOU ARE GOD sorry tom, you'll have to step off your throne for a day or 2 cuz that sweet SFL is gonna be stuck in my head

Jonno06
12-26-2002, 10:28 AM
I think you should weigh that beast...

i bet its only like 6 lbs with everything on it..

magman007
12-26-2002, 11:08 AM
Killa, as the foremost sfl fan on this board( hell look at allthe work i put into the damn pic thread.) I ned to commend you and say great job. Now, i also gotta few questions...

1. Im realizing you said one of a kind, well can money still talk in this area? im looking for a conversion my friend. Convert my sfl into one of them, and killa, your pack pocket may be weighing alot more. If you want me to pm you to discuss options, i will gladly do so.

2. Who did the work? Did you do all of it? IF so, doubble gradulations, that is by far the sexiest marker on the face of this planet, sorry manike and cnc x-mag, and from what i have even seen from manikes manike-mag..... EAT your heart out, Chimera is here!

3. Why chimera? THat thing is no where near ugly... I would have just picked a different name, maybe boleraphon? slayer of all the beasts? Oh well, doesnt matter, it looks godly

4. Killa, would you be willing to offer the other, slightly less origional things to us sfl owners?as things like the breach? the no rise breach, you know we have ben wanting, and no one has givin it to us.... can you please?

5. What color will it all be annoed? i saw you said the scalops would be blood red, but what about the whole marker? im thinkin blue with blood red accents would be incredibly sexy as well as black with red. I cannot wait to see it.

6. May i transfer these to the sfl pic thread? or is it too origional to not need clasification with the others?

7. do you realize, you just made the number smaller for all of us? now its olny 1 and 49 sfl's! and one chimera.... hehehe, it looks great man.

8. how does the single trigger work? if it has no magnet in the back to trip the hall effect sensor? if there is one, im sorry i hadnt seen it.

9. PLease, tell me more about these magnetic ball detents, any thing has to be better then those angel ball detents were using now, any chance on me gettin one, or them being sold aftermarketly? im deeply intrigued.

10. will these or any thing like them be any where near available to the general public?

Also, it appears you took off where shock tech left off. MEaning you took off, and made the marker what it truely is. I feel this is the best representation of the x-body to date.

GOOD JOB KILLA

Brak
12-26-2002, 11:10 AM
DUDE, SWEET

pito189
12-26-2002, 11:55 AM
Very nice cannot wait to see the finished product. Thumbs up great job.:D

Kevmaster
12-26-2002, 12:05 PM
i think Dave Chappell said it best: "That "*poof* (TK shakes finger) incredible

personman
12-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Wouldnt the back part be adding weight? :confused:

Oh well it looks cool :D

darklord
12-26-2002, 12:47 PM
:eek: :D amazing! You know, it looks like you put a lot of thought into the milling and design...have you ever considered designing a slug body? I'd be interested in seeing what you could come up with!

magman007
12-26-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by personman
Wouldnt the back part be adding weight? :confused:

Oh well it looks cool :D

do you mean the milled out x-valve????? i dont see how it could add weight;) did you miss where he said, yes, that is my valve ;) :)

Cypres0099
12-26-2002, 01:00 PM
I.... Want.... One.....:eek:

Go weigh that thing; it has to be the lightest gun ever.

Does any of that milling affect the integrity of the gun?

Edit- I just thought of something else you could do. Take off the bar that is behind the battery pack.:)

personman
12-26-2002, 01:08 PM
HOLY CRAP!!
THATS THE VALVE?!?!
OMG!!
heh..
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

magman007
12-26-2002, 01:21 PM
killa, do you think we could get a side by side comparrision of what a normal sfl looks like, and that chimera looks like?

ubooze
12-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Can we get a pic of the top of the gun and looking down onto the sight rail.... Looks like intereting milling there

Kevmaster
12-26-2002, 01:25 PM
my bad :(

That gun is totally incredible.....PG version!

dcmander
12-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by kilaueakid
Dc, air america makes a rail and so does custom products out of az...the one in the pic is a cp. Air americas have a bit more meat on them which is nice if you are mounting a switch/power connector in them....;)

kila

Thanks very much for the info! I had seen the Air American one before, but it has a little too much meat on it for my tastes. Your CP one looks perfect. That's what I need.

Where can I buy one of those? I don't see it on the CP site, enless this spyder adapter (http://www.customyoyo.com/spyder-adpt.htm) is it. Is that what you have?

Where can I buy one of those exact same adapters! Thanks.

Thanks for the info; awesome marker!

RetroEclipseMan
12-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Dude that is one nice marker. Probably the nicest marker I have seen and it's not even done yet. You get 2 thumbs up from me man.

Miscue
12-26-2002, 02:48 PM
That's awesome dude! Can I tempt you with say... a Lincoln and his buddy George Washington? :)

agdemagman69
12-26-2002, 02:58 PM
wow... that is truly the best emag i have EVER seen...

and thanks for lowering the number to 49 sfl emags :D

edit: i'll give ya 500$ to do some milling to my SFL emag...

dre1919
12-26-2002, 03:43 PM
Very nice job killa!

Cypres0099
12-26-2002, 04:30 PM
ooooh! oooooh!

You should mill chimaera into the side of the body! :D

yeahthatsme
12-26-2002, 09:04 PM
*drool* thats amazing beyond belief!!!!

now get a sluggo body and lets see some more art!!!

TheJester
12-26-2002, 09:08 PM
dude, i think i abou creamed my pants when i saw that thing, seriously

Fred
12-27-2002, 12:57 AM
I love it!

I don't understand what exactly has been done with the valve body... or what it'll look like when its fully assembled... but I think its a cool idea.

I think shaving off some of the material on the breech would be cool, maybe continue those cuts across it from the parts in front.

What color are you gonna anno this?

awesome work!

---Fred

kilaueakid
12-27-2002, 01:19 AM
Wow....thanks for all the positive comments. I was going to go with a 3 color fade for color and decided against that. It will more than likely be either a gun metal gray or pewterish color with a blood red in the milled area's, or a genetic material in the milled area's that you will see in do time. I will continue to post updates as they come and I am actually open to the color/pattern it will be, so suggestions are welcome.

kila

dcmander
12-27-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
Thanks very much for the info! I had seen the Air American one before, but it has a little too much meat on it for my tastes. Your CP one looks perfect. That's what I need.

Where can I buy one of those? I don't see it on the CP site, enless this spyder adapter (http://www.customyoyo.com/spyder-adpt.htm) is it. Is that what you have?

Where can I buy one of those exact same adapters! Thanks.

Thanks for the info; awesome marker!

Could you help me out man? I need an adapter like the one you have pictured. :D

RTMAGBOY13
12-27-2002, 01:57 AM
wooooooooooooooooow
that thing must be cold
its pretty naked
that looks really light
i want one of those;)

oldsoldier
12-27-2002, 01:58 AM
that thing is purty...wanna trade? ;)

Ov3rmind
12-27-2002, 03:28 AM
Holy sweetness!!!:eek:

kilaueakid
12-27-2002, 04:59 AM
dc,
call cp...they don't have them on the website....just ask for the newer dovetail rail.

kila

dcmander
12-27-2002, 05:43 AM
dc,
call cp...they don't have them on the website....just ask for the newer dovetail rail.

kila

Thanks man.

Hacker240
12-27-2002, 12:12 PM
THat is amazing. You will live forever in the favor of my people.

Automaggin2
12-27-2002, 12:23 PM
WOW, I want to see what this guy can do with sluggos!

luke
12-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Very nice work!
I have only one suggestion, mill the “SFL” logo off.

FESTUS33
12-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by luke
Very nice work!
I have only one suggestion, mill the “SFL” logo off.
Kila that marker is SHWEEEETTT,
I agree with luke mill the SFL off, You've put you're
own mark on it take credit where it's due. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Rick:eek: {Bow's his Head in you're Honor}

spacemanspiff
12-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Very sweet job bro!!!!! I wish I could have access to a miling machine or a guy that would do some of the ideas that I have floating around in me head. :p

luke
12-27-2002, 09:00 PM
FESTUS33,

Why the ":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " did I say something stupid? :(

Kevmag
12-27-2002, 09:20 PM
That's just amazing! Did you weigh the marker before the milling? What does it weigh now?

FESTUS33
12-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by luke
FESTUS33,

Why the ":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " did I say something stupid? :(
Absolutly not luke What I said in my post was totally
sincere, Kila should take credit where it is due. He
has put his own mark on the gun, "SFL" has no buisiness
on the marker anymore. Geeze I was ballsy enough to
rename mine the FSE-LX and compared to what Kila did
I'm taking Baby step's. Granted I don't have access to
any CNC machines right now, but even if I did I don't
know if I could have come up with anything 1/2 as creative.
Rick :confused: {Still Bow's his Head in Honor}

luke
12-27-2002, 11:54 PM
ok:D

personman
12-27-2002, 11:57 PM
Yea, take of dem der SFL logo and mill 'Chimaera' into it!
:D

JT2002
12-28-2002, 12:12 AM
very nice job but,
i dont care what u ppl say this is still the best sfl ....

Manuel_FZR
12-28-2002, 06:55 AM
gorgeous!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

for the colour pattern ... kila, your suggestion sounds good (with the red) - must see. But also a solid pewter one would look cool.

cheetah256
12-28-2002, 10:25 PM
hehe..your gun made my desktop :D

youm0nt
12-29-2002, 02:22 PM
nice:D :cool: :eek: :D

agdemagman69
01-01-2003, 04:45 AM
all hand milled?

MORE PICS!

JT2002
01-01-2003, 12:12 PM
when are we gonna see vids of this baby in action?
a pic of the gun on a scale would be nice:D

Manuel_FZR
01-02-2003, 05:19 PM
... are there already pics of the coloured gun? Wanna see more of this gorgeous baby :cool:

PsychoBaller
01-02-2003, 05:23 PM
I should head by a local Kings where i know people that work there... lol.....

Take my SFL Emag, and my Housemates Fly IR3 and weigh them out on the Fruit Weighers by teh Veggie and Fruit sections...

Should prove muy interestante.

~da baller

Ryknow
01-04-2003, 12:48 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=584130

Riotz
01-04-2003, 08:24 AM
That is extremely beautiful. :)

50 cal
01-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Did you use a manual mill or a CNC to do the work? A manual must have been a nightmare.

Pand0ra
01-08-2003, 08:09 PM
I didn't knew your gun was the new prototype of the SFL 2 ;).

At least that's what is written on this website: http://www.paintball-xtreme.de/portal/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=95

Looks like someone found the pics, and the word of a new version of the SFL is spreading quickly :).

@++

Bunny
01-08-2003, 08:14 PM
hehe...thats weird.....I CANT WAIT TO PREORDER ONE:eek:

PsychoBaller
01-08-2003, 10:41 PM
I wish people would actually read at least part of the posts before them before posting.

thats not teh SFL 2 design... Shocktech is prob. to busy at the moment to even start putting ideas on paper... they are busy with the SFL Timmy's and Trix's....

Reread the post people... Kila just took one of the original SFLs and did some work on it.... Thats all...

~da "most of the time reads before posting" baller

Trigger_Happy
01-09-2003, 12:31 AM
I'll be in Andover this weekend.:cool: I'll meet you at Jimmy's pizza;) Bring that beast and plenty of air and paint. I'll bring a $3000 retal fee.;)

Seriously, can we talk about some work on some of my equiptment? Would you do that type of thing for cash? I'd love to drop off my mag for a month and come back to something as ripped as that! Would you mind PMing me some kind of pricing or something?

EDIT: Do you know a man nemed Phil Asao? I may have spelled that name incorrectly, bit he once told me that he knows some guys that literally makethier own guns from liquid metal. They use NO parts that they do not make themselves!:eek: Anyway, I wondered if you were one of those guys, know those guys, or know Phil. He is a pyrotechtic that has contracts to cover all the diplays used in the Taret center and Metrodome!:eek: He's a very cool guy with many skills and many connections. (How many of you know the owner of a fireworks factory?:D)

I'll give you paint or anything paintball related at wholesale for the rest of your life! Heck, that offer is good for four genereations of your offspring ;) JUST C&C ME SOMETHING AS BEAUTIFUL AS THAT!!!!

kilaueakid
01-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Oopps, oh man here we go. Too bad they didn't read the text in my post. If I knew how to speak/type German I would send them an email. Maybe I should start taking pre-orders from Germany!! ;)

DISCLAIMER: CHIMAERA is in no way, shape or form a proto-type version of the SFL 2 from Shocktech. It is simply an original SFL with some modifications done by it's owner. Sorry for any misconceptions.

Kila

BradPalooza
01-09-2003, 12:38 AM
That is HILARIOUS! I can't wait to tell Kila about this...

I ran the text of that webpage through a translator and got this:

"We pride show you the first pictures of the 2003er SLF EMag prototype (code name: "Chimaera") to can:)

The new SFL the easiest EPneu should like be generally. A Releasedate not yet is confessed. "

I really like how they slapped their URL across Kila's picture. LOL.
-Brad

Trigger_Happy
01-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Sue 'em for the pic pirating and slander against the Chimaera;)

Pand0ra
01-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Oopps, oh man here we go. Too bad they didn't read the text in my post. If I knew how to speak/type German I would send them an email. Maybe I should start taking pre-orders from Germany!! ;)
Kila

Send your mail in english, they do understand it. It's better they remove quickly this thread for the site.

@++

Trigger_Happy
01-09-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah. In Europe they learn English, French, German, and often Latin. If the @#$% people could drive for 3 hours without having to speak a new language, their schooling wouldn't be so ruff;)

Pand0ra
01-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Trigger_Happy
Yeah. In Europe they learn English, French, German, and often Latin. If the @#$% people could drive for 3 hours without having to speak a new language, their schooling wouldn't be so ruff;)

So true :) In Belgium 30 minutes is enough ;)

@++

FESTUS33
01-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Kila
The marker look's awesome now that you've
taken the SFL off of it:cool: :cool: :cool:
Definitly a true work of art.
Pat yourself on the back for this one.
Rick:eek:

masterblaster
02-21-2003, 05:06 PM
incredible simply incredible