PDA

View Full Version : do benchmark frames suck?

thevilduk
12-26-2002, 01:26 PM
ya im wondering if the benchmark frames suck, cause someone said they are crap others said they are ok. Im building a mag and i just put a bid in for a rail/forgrip/frame deal for 60 buxs. Although i doubt im going to get it for 60 id still like to know if they suck.

digitard
12-26-2002, 01:27 PM
From what I understand their trigger is shakey ...

Go for the Intelliframe man ..lol.. Other than HPA its the best upgrade i've done to my mag ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

magman007
12-26-2002, 01:30 PM
there good triggerframes, its just they have alot of slop in them. This con be corrected by a few set screws and some shimming...

there the olny frame besides the z grip and the intelli that doesnt void the agd warrenty... that should say alot.. there actually made to agd's standards.

personman
12-26-2002, 01:47 PM
They are great frames, they have lots of leverage, its a nice smooth (but long, overtravel can be fixed by a trigger stop)
I reccommend them, they are great for the price and I loved mine to pieces :)
Yea, the trigger is a bit wobbly but I diddnt mind much..

Wc Keep
12-26-2002, 04:36 PM
a few of you are going to hear this for the second time now. BUT I LOVE MY BENCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think its because i have difficulty pulling a short trigger and i love the softness of the pull. awe man do i love that frame. but if longer softer is your thing than email tunaman at [email protected] and he can get you a shorter stiffer pull i frame.

paint magnet
12-26-2002, 04:39 PM
They suck unless you install set screws and shims. I'd go with the Intelli instead (and yes I do own a Benchmark frame because it came with my trade)

darklord
12-26-2002, 04:40 PM
the benchy doesn't even compare to the intelli! They're not bad, as long as you like a long trigger pull. I've found the intelli to be a shorter pull, and it's easier to rip on.

mykroft
12-26-2002, 04:41 PM
They Suck. Too much slop, a pull longer than a Spyders, whomever designed them was on crack.

You can make a nice frame out of the 1x with a little work (And it's acceptable with a Retro), the 2x aren't worth the effort.

old mag man
12-26-2002, 06:03 PM
yes!!! I got one for an RT and now I miss the stock cut frame I got rid of!!

magerman52
12-26-2002, 06:11 PM
i got one today and love it they have some slop but they are great. and you cant even comp[are them to a intelli.
intelli 100+
benchmark 50-70
intelli short pull
benchmark longer pull
intelli electrionic
benchmark standard

Potatoboy
12-26-2002, 06:22 PM
The intelliframe is not an electronic frame. It's a regular 2x 45 frame with a mounting bracket to use when adding a switch for intellifeed.

magerman52
12-26-2002, 07:58 PM
o sorry my bad

Hacker240
12-26-2002, 08:03 PM
I love my single trigger benchy so much i could wet my diaper. But the 2x trigger is a little too NAUGHTY for my liking. :o

xtremexnyc
12-26-2002, 08:21 PM
I had it on my Mag for 1 day and then I sold it to get my Intelli. Don't get me wrong I can't say it sucked, it had a smooth light trigger pull. But it was to long of a pull and I could easily short stroke it. I know alot of people that love them. Its all about preference. Best thing to do is to try it out before you purchase it. Who knows you might like it.:)

logamus
12-26-2002, 09:05 PM
i have a single trigger benchy on my mag and i have not encountered any probs. i am going to get an inteliframe but the main reason is to hook it up to my revvy. the only thing i am not fond of is the safety, but its not a big deal really.

ronron2112
12-26-2002, 09:40 PM
I have a single finger benchy.. i love mine, the trigger is lighter than stock, and more responsive, and i can really bounce with it. i kinda want a intelli, but id rather keep my benchy

Wc Keep
12-26-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by logamus
i have a single trigger benchy on my mag and i have not encountered any probs. i am going to get an inteliframe but the main reason is to hook it up to my revvy. the only thing i am not fond of is the safety, but its not a big deal really.

ah yes the safety. you mean the thing i had removed from my benchy the first day i played. but shhhh dont tell nobody!!

thevilduk
12-27-2002, 01:22 AM
ok thanks a lot guys!

James