PDA

View Full Version : Value of an Autococker.....

Zumina
12-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Might be the wrong forum, but I'm still curious. Here are the specs:

Black 2k1, vertical feed, Free Flow body (claw mark style)
Black shocktech front end kit
Rat 3:16 valve
SS Jam nut
shocktech PHAT hammer
SS IVG
Black new style shocktech beavertail
Black Cole bolt
15* vertical ASA
black Ergo reg w/ gauge port top and mini guage
black Shocktech hinge w/ black DYE stickies
nickel detent
straight AKA pump arm
12" Custom Products 2 peice barrel with a .685 back
Black KAPP DZIII w/ black KAPP on/off
Black Macro line

thanks guys!

FalconGuy016
12-26-2002, 04:20 PM
:) you could put this under paintball talk

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-26-2002, 05:42 PM
$350 or $400 something like that

InfinatyBPS
12-26-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
$350 or $400 something like that

Lol, mabe if it were a stock bodied cocker, I'd say around $500-$600...

RamboPreacher
12-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS

Lol, mabe if it were a stock bodied cocker, I'd say around $500-$600... I agree with the 350-400, a cocker is a cocker is a cocker. Most cocker owners wnat to get alot more for their "custom" cocker, but they are a "dime a dozen" and good luck if you think you can get 500-600, especailly when you can get a used angel for that kind of money. (not that a used angel is any better :))

-=Squid=-
12-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
:) you could put this under paintball talk

Useless falconguy post gooo!

irbodden
12-26-2002, 08:04 PM
$400

Ya might be able to milk it for slightly more but upgrades get nothing when it comes to resale value...

Zumina
12-26-2002, 10:01 PM
that's funny because I got $435 for a similarly equipped, stock bodied, 2k cocker.

-=Squid=-
12-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Why did you even bother posting this then if you akready knew its value??

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-27-2002, 01:52 AM
Yea stock body or not stock body resale on a totally upgraded cocker that comes from wgp with the works in usually never more the 400 you get more money off the aftermarket markers, ans, shocktech, dye, kapp etc

FeelTheRT
12-27-2002, 10:50 AM
what did i say about the drugs?? only on weekends buddy... now 400? are you kidding me? 99 rf Freeflows go for that much, even higher. This would probably go around high 500- low 600s but mostly high 500 because it is not a true Freeflow, just a poser ;)

mykroft
12-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Dude, I can get new Freeflows for $600US.

$400-450 is more like it.

Zumina
12-27-2002, 12:08 PM
thanks guys.

Jonno06
12-27-2002, 06:08 PM
LOL

cockers are a dime a dozen?! what the hell are you talking about?

a cocker is just a cocker?

whats to say a mag isnt just a mag?

darn people..

ide say about 600...

irbodden
12-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
LOL

cockers are a dime a dozen?! what the hell are you talking about?

a cocker is just a cocker?

whats to say a mag isnt just a mag?

darn people..

ide say about 600...

He meant there are far more "tricked out" Autocockers than there is demand. No one wants someone's "upgraded" 'Cocker, they want KAPP or Dye 'Cockers, etc.

$600, don't make me laugh. $400 is roughly the going rate, he might be able to milk someone for close to $500 if he is lucky.

GreasyPigeon
12-27-2002, 09:11 PM
i sold mine 2k for 370 and that was my highest offer!!! and it was far more tricked out then your( not raggen on your gun) its just that you can get a 99 cocker for 150 put a new body on it and get it milled would be far cheaper then paying for your gun.

Zumina
12-27-2002, 10:00 PM
what did your 2k1 have on it? I'm kinda baffled as to how it was more tricked out. I could see different components, but more ?

GreasyPigeon
12-27-2002, 10:17 PM
my 2k had

a vet feed body, milled by G3pb
plamer rock reg (black)
plamer 3-way (black)
plamer ram (black)
AKA tornado valve
SS Jam nut
AKA hammer
SS IVG
AKA beavertail (black)
AKA lighing bolt (black)
ANS Gen x reg (black)
black Shocktech hinge
DYE stickies
nickel detent
AKA pump arm
12" dye SS
Black KAPP stubby w/ black KAPP on/off
Black Micro line

370 was the best offer i got.

Zumina
12-27-2002, 10:53 PM
That sucks man, but I can see what the others mean. You can get a GX3, Free Flow, or Outkast at or around $500. Even though our guns utilize much better parts and have a lot more invested, people opt for milling and advertisements. Personally, I'd NEVER buy an FF, GX3 or STO simply because I wouldn't be content with it's stock form and upgrade a few of the components. Looks like I'm going to hold onto this gun for quite some time.

GreasyPigeon
12-27-2002, 11:24 PM
now adays cockers are over rated...every one wants gen x 3, dye, kapp, free flows, and what not it seems that there are no more truely customs cockers out there any more. when i got mine was when they first came out, and i put my heart and soul in to that gun but people want black magic and that crap. there nothing special but for some light milling an a vert feed body and crome stuff. thats it all they are buy is a name nothing more nothing less. i am going to make a nother cocker from scratch. and it will be better than any gun that thoses companys can make.

Zumina
12-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by GreasyPigeon
now adays cockers are over rated...every one wants gen x 3, dye, kapp, free flows, and what not it seems that there are no more truely customs cockers out there any more.

I couldn't agree more. How exactly is a cocker "Custom" when it's practically built on an assembly line *cough DYE, FF, now Shocktech, FF, KAPP, P&P, ANS, WGP etc etc*?

GreasyPigeon
12-28-2002, 01:15 PM
its funny cause you can have a custom cocker that you made for about 1000 and it can only sell for about 500-700 unlike the dye, and other fatory cockers they can sell for about the same price with all the stock parts.the hings triggers on then are not upgrades there just stock parts they came with the gun. cockers have just lost there value , cause of over prodution and from companies like dye, ff, kapp. they are great gun and all but they have lost all value. in 98 a custom made vert feed cocker would sell in to the 1000 used. but now look you can get one for 500 to 700.

InfinatyBPS
12-29-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by mykroft
Dude, I can get new Freeflows for $600US.

$400-450 is more like it.

Please share how you can get new FreeFlows for $600...

Ov3rmind
12-29-2002, 03:44 AM
now adays cockers are over rated...every one wants gen x 3, dye, kapp, free flows, and what not it seems that there are no more truely customs cockers out there any more.
What do you define as a custom Cocker?

when i got mine was when they first came out, and i put my heart and soul in to that gun but people want black magic and that crap.
Oh, I get it. If you didn't work on it yourself, it's a mass produced POS.

there nothing special but for some light milling an a vert feed body and crome stuff.
Doesn't that depend on each individual Cocker?

i am going to make a nother cocker from scratch. and it will be better than any gun that thoses companys can make.
Go for it.

when it's practically built on an assembly line *cough DYE, FF, now Shocktech, FF, KAPP, P&P, ANS, WGP etc
Um, Freeflows aren't made on an assembly line.

A Cocker is a Cocker, it doesn't matter who makes it. Everyone has their preferences in upgrades, you can choose to buy one prebuilt to someone else's specs or build your own. Just because a company made it does not mean it sucks.

GreasyPigeon
12-29-2002, 11:11 AM
when i made my cocker is was custom. i started out with just a right feed body then got ride of that for a vert milled it.had it custom anno, there was not one single stock part on that gun. yeah it started out as a mass product pos but i just used it for parts so i could get my custom made. to define a custom cocker to me is its one of a kind. yeahs i fired some dye a kapp cockers there ok and all but there not all what they are cracked up to be.

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-29-2002, 11:34 AM
But pigeon they are also very pretty :D

AutoMaggot
12-29-2002, 04:05 PM

*sighs*

It's companies like that, which make it possible for you to actually CREATE a custom autococker. And if you didn't use some of the parts from those aforementioned companies, then you'd be a moron. For example, lets take into consideration the new valve and tungsten hammer kit available from Professional Paintball (Freeflow)... for $70, you can have an internal setup that allows you to lower your cocking pressure to near 33 PSI, and shoot over a case of paint on a single 68/45 tank. No other valve/hammer combination comes close to those numbers.

Companies like Professional Paintball make their autocockers with their own parts... sometimes they subcontract because they agree that other people's parts are better. Freeflows, for example, are now using SCM Rams and Palmer Micro Rocks... along with Evolution-style bolts and blocks. They use these pieces because they are simply THE BEST... which is why people like to purchase a Boxxer/Lotus/Fulcrum/Millenium from Pro... because they are absolutely PERFECTED.

While people like Pro, Palmers, and AKA are focused mostly on performace... you have companies like Dye, ANS and KAPP who tend to create nothing more than eye candy. While their products can be made efficient with a low-cycling pressure... you're still not going to have the fine craftsmanship of a Revenge or Freeflow. Each one of those is handbuilt, and each gun recieves its own spring treatment right when the body gets back from annodizing. The fact that you have SO many options when ordering a high-end cocker (AKA, Freeflow, Belsales) should ring truth to the fact that they are, indeed, a custom cocker... and not "mass produced junk" as you say.

So I'm guessing your definition of "stock" means what WGP uses on their base autocockers. That is a far cry from perfection... or even what companies like KAPP, Dye, and ANS put on their cockers. KAPP has been in the pneumatic game for a while now, but they tend to copy WGP in design. Dye, on the other hand, just jumped into things... and have some stuff to figure out. Their valves have pretty poor efficiency, and require more pressure from their LPRs to operate properly. ANS makes an okay product, but its the assembly that people seem to have issues with, seeing how they loctite EVERYTHING onto the body... again, Dye, KAPP, and ANS seem to aim for the eye, and not the performance-end of things.

Dont ever let me catch you knocking Freeflow again... or Belsales and AKA for that matter. I suggest you do some research.

So, enough of this anti-cocker sentiment... :mad:

GreasyPigeon
12-29-2002, 10:59 PM
hey i am not raggen on cockers, i used to have one, a player on my team has a jrassic goo revenge cocker LE and its a really nice gun. and i am not raggen on cockers performace, i am going to make another cocker with an aka body and an aka valve and with the best parts. i am just saying that places like dye, kapp, and other companies have came out with "junk" and its nothing more than a stock cocker . like me and some many other have made custom cocker and the value is lower then a black magic, and dye cockers used and yet we have spent more money in to then, the companies did. cause of companies like dye and some many others that value there cocker some much , and yet they and no more then paper weights. and please don't flame me for my opinion.
and i am not anti-cocker i think they can be wonderfull guns if they are made with the best parts money can buy.