PDA

View Full Version : help me please

Jclaine
12-26-2002, 10:15 PM
i have a problem, when i gas my emag up and fire it, i get what sounds like a 3 shot burst but i dont think it is, and then air leaks from the valve some where. I tried taking the valve out and the gun apart but nothing is helping i still get the same result. So i was wondering if i should take the valve apart and check for a broken o-ring or if getting the lx upgrade would help/fix this problem. Please help, this is my first mag and i am compleatly lost and out of ideas. Any help is greatly apreshiated.

Kevmaster
12-26-2002, 11:08 PM
from "some where" isnt too helpful. around the grip frame, out the barrel, out the back etc would be MUCH more helpful. and when the leak exactly occurs would be nice too

other than that, WELCOME to AO!
hope you enjoy!

Jclaine
12-26-2002, 11:10 PM
sounds like its leaking out the barrel.

toymyster
12-27-2002, 04:35 AM
First and foremost: Welcome to AO!! Have you tried reading the manual that came with your 'mag?? The problem is more than likely an o-ring, probably your power tube o-ring from what you described!!

Jclaine
12-27-2002, 10:27 AM
the thing is i got it used form some one online, so it didnt come with a manual, but i ortered one, and a video from adg when i registered my gun with them. thanks for the help, im going ill see if it is a borken oring tonight.

toymyster
12-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Not a problem!! Ordering the video and the manual is probably the smartest thing you could do!! Also, it is a good practice anytime you buy a used 'mag, get a parts kit and replace all the o-rings and seals in it!! It is much like changing all the fluids when you buy a used car!!

Jclaine
12-27-2002, 08:28 PM
ok heres whats up now, i opened up the valve, and replaced three loose orings, all others were taught to the metal. but when i reassembeled my gun, first it wouldnt fire at all so i took the valve off and put it back on, it right away started leaking out of the barrel, no pulsing of air just a straight line of air coming out of the barrel. any ideas on whats going on?

toymyster
12-27-2002, 09:11 PM
Does the leaking stop when you pull the trigger?? Also, you can download the instruction manual from the AGD website, I suggest you do that also!!

Jclaine
12-27-2002, 09:14 PM
no it dosent, it just keeps leaking out the barrel

Kevmaster
12-27-2002, 11:20 PM
when you gas up the gun hold the trigger down. if it leaks out the barrel, then your on-off orings can be bad along with your powertube oring. if it doesnt leak, then its prolly just your powertube oring.

Jclaine
12-30-2002, 09:52 AM
after the 6th or 7th time taking my valve apart and the 3rd time with the frame, i finally got annoyed enough to take it to my local paintball shop. It took a hour and a half to find the problem. At first like everyone on the site, he thought it was a broken oring also, but it actually turned out that the on/off pin was scraped, so i put an order in for a new one, and i ordered some other parts too, thanks for all of you help, i have learned so much about my gun that im kind of glad that something small was busted (i love to work on guns) but the coolest thing is the store i go to usually charges $20 an hour to work on electro guns, but he didn't charge me anything and he walked threw everything that could have been causing the problem. Thanks again.

-Jordan Laine