PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall Z

digitard
12-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Man,
I got so lost cause I stopped watching it a long time ago but I'm pretty caught up now .... but its all funny cause last I watched it was like a LONG LONG time ago and Gohan was still a lil' kid and defeated Cell ... now he's like the most powerful Sayjin *sp?* in the universe and doesn't even go blonde now when he's all charged up.

I'm curious now to whats happening ..lol... took me like 15 episodes to catch up and now I'm at where he just came back from the other planet and is about to kick the shizzy out of Boo .... is that the most recent?

Sincerely,
Dave

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Ok,i started watchin for like 5 episodes and was still lost so i quit watchin it would be a great show if it werent so damn confusing

halB
12-27-2002, 05:14 PM
ROFL, you all watching a show made for little kids!!!

anata wa baka desu yo!

digitard
12-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Ummm, DragonBall Z is actually made for late teens/adults ...your thinking of DRAGONBALL .. thats the "little kid" version.

Thank you very much ..lol.. and dont diss the cartoon network or I'll have to punch you in the gut

Sincerely,
Dave K

Gotenks
12-27-2002, 05:39 PM
halb, arent you like, 8? so if it were for kids, it would be perfectly suited to you.

The dragonball z you probably seen has been edited to hell. So of course it would seem kiddy.

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Yea i think your thinking of dragon ball it was pretty gay but i like Z

spacemanspiff
12-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Cartoon network actually got up to the episode where kid boo or little boo is created. Goku and Vegeta got absorbed buy boo on purpose to save the others that got absorbed before them.

petefol
12-27-2002, 10:21 PM
i think dragonball is actually better. and if anything dragonball is more for adults, there may be violence in unedited dragonball z but dragonball has violence and a whole lot of sexual humor, not to mention a little nudity.

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-27-2002, 10:39 PM
lol petefol *a little nudity* like the guy that was looking for x rated video games who was it i cant remember

petefol
12-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
lol petefol *a little nudity* like the guy that was looking for x rated video games who was it i cant remember
?

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-27-2002, 11:05 PM
Never mind i mite have dreamed it but i think boomerfoxtrot was lookin for video games with nudity and army locked his thread

EsPo
12-27-2002, 11:29 PM
hehe.. watch the japanese versions with english subtitles...soo much better than the ones on TV...

i cant wait till GT comes to the US

halB
12-27-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Ummm, DragonBall Z is actually made for late teens/adults ...your thinking of DRAGONBALL .. thats the "little kid" version.

Thank you very much ..lol.. and dont diss the cartoon network or I'll have to punch you in the gut

Sincerely,
Dave K

aight dave k, lemme lay down the history of the dragon ball series for you.

dragonball the manga is created. it is laced with sexual humor and innuendo, and as is typical of all shoojen (shoujen) manga, its chock full of action and violence. it becomes so popular dragonball the anime is created. thsi has its run and is incredibly popular also. the original anime is targeted to teens in the 12-16 area.

fans clamor for more, so its delivered... kinda

in order to cash in on the franchise dragonball z (or DRAG on ball z as its called) is created. this time the originial author has less input and this one is targeted for the kid market, 6-10 years old. the plot is repetitive, and brainless, which is why many of the original fans hated it. (in order to see the basic plot, click http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=31681 )

dbgt is created, this time with more input from the author of the manga (often manga and anime are incredibly different, with the author of the mangas having little to no input, sometimes a lot though) dbgt is actually pretty decent plot wise and i cant say anything against it. its targeted towards teens also.

so there you have it, the history of the dragonball franchise. yes, i know its edited to hell, doesnt matter, sailor moon is full of lesbians, nudity, lechery, humongous violence, etc. etc.

now then if youd like to argue further please feel free to call and ask ANY japanese person (nihonjin) and they will happily laugh at you and tell you, gaijin.

anatawa baka desuyo. so****e, anatawa animega totemo heta desu. demo watashiwa animeno kami desu.

halB
12-27-2002, 11:57 PM
and for those of you who like japanese symbols all over your crappy clothes that you dont even know what they mean...

boss_automager
12-30-2002, 03:37 PM
look there is a 4 in there

halB
12-31-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by boss_automager
look there is a 4 in there

actually thats a "mi" ^_^

a four would look like this

it can be said as yon or shi, but almost always yon. the problem is sometimes with different counters it can mean things like dead people if you use yon, so they use shi.

ALSO

for round undefinable objects, they use the japanese numbers (you dont wanna know) which is yotsu or yutsu, i think its yotsu. thats the one in the lower right hand corner. the kanji for four is upper right, yon is lower left and shi is upper right!

badfish314
12-31-2002, 02:03 AM
any one get the game for the ps2 yet...kinda cheesy i liked the original for the playstation....all the moves are the same for all the different characters in this one....like #17 and vegeta both have the same basic attacks...and it's really easy too..i beat it in under 4 hours...if you dont have it yet save your money!

ANTi
01-07-2003, 11:48 PM
i love dbz, got the game for ps2, played most of the other ones, its a great show despite what anyone says, can't wait for gt. and dbz is directed more at teens because its more about fighting and its more serious whereas DB is a little more comedic. i dont know why halB said dbz wasn't popular but it was much more popular than dragonball....he's probably thinking of gt, because gt doesn't follow the story line of dbz and the events of it, it wasn't too popular. thats why they only made like sixty something episodes of it.

halB
01-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ANTi
i love dbz, got the game for ps2, played most of the other ones, its a great show despite what anyone says, can't wait for gt. and dbz is directed more at teens because its more about fighting and its more serious whereas DB is a little more comedic. i dont know why halB said dbz wasn't popular but it was much more popular than dragonball....he's probably thinking of gt, because gt doesn't follow the story line of dbz and the events of it, it wasn't too popular. thats why they only made like sixty something episodes of it.

did you not read the part bout more input from the author?? the majority of DBZ is people powering up. if u actually look at it, ull see im not exaggerating

Thordic
01-08-2003, 08:49 AM
watching GBZ is like watching two little kids play Street Fighter, its retarded.

Samarai Jack, on the other hand...

halB
01-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

kicks total, complete, ***

Xerces
01-08-2003, 06:08 PM
i managed to force myself into watching one episode and does it bother anyone else that when they 'power up' or whatever you want to call it, they take on aryan features?(i.e. blonde hair and blue eyes)

*cough cough* japan was WHOS ally in WW2?? *cough*

halB
01-08-2003, 10:09 PM
its because theyre idea of beauty is that of western people.

Mr.TKO
01-08-2003, 10:13 PM
wHORING THE LINKAGE

petefol
01-08-2003, 10:14 PM
what other color is their hair supposed to change? just about every japanese person has naturally brown or black hair. and their eyes turn green not blue.

ANTi
01-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
watching GBZ is like watching two little kids play Street Fighter, its retarded.

Samarai Jack, thats hilarious....you want to watch a
real good show, turn on yu yu hakusho....awesome show...but even for someone who thinks Dbz is like street fighter