PDA

View Full Version : Micro vs. Macro vs. Steel braided

TefMag68
12-27-2002, 06:48 PM
I gotta question...I just bought a 32deg Macro line kit today and i need to use it this weekend but i have heard of alot of micro or macro lines bursting. Are they ok to use?? If so how do i hook them up?? just slide the tube into the connecter? I have a preset crossfire 68ci 3000psi tank

yeahthatsme
12-27-2002, 06:57 PM
the majority of micro and macro fittings and hoses are not made to contain the pressures used in paintball today, if you are stuck on using macro though, i would suggest parker, you can get it from tunaman here on AO and it comes highly suggested.

i would, however, suggest that you use steel braided line.

personman
12-27-2002, 06:57 PM
slide tube into connector and push hard to make sure its in there good.
I dont like macro anymore ever sence it burst on me.. I prefer SS now..

TefMag68
12-27-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanx Guys I do plan on using SS hose but this is kinda a last minute thing and I couldn't find a SS long enough. whats the difference between micro and macro? I bought a 32degs macro kit...I just need the Macro to get me through sundays game. Its not gonna harm the gun or me if it bursts will it?

irbodden
12-27-2002, 07:07 PM
I am a die hard SS line fan, nothing better IMO, but I hear if ya really want macro go with Tunaman's stuff because its the best macro around..

irbodden
12-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Make sure there are no sharp bends in the macro and it'll easily hold up for plenty of games. It won't hurt the gun either..

FESTUS33
12-27-2002, 08:01 PM
I've been using micro line for about 4-5 yr's,
I have never had a fitting or line burst on me.
If you have quality fittings and line, you
should'nt have any problems.
Look at the pic's of my FSE-LX, and tell me
what you see. The fitting's and line are both
about 2 yr's old, and they don't even hint at
leaking.
Rick :eek:

Smoke
12-27-2002, 08:20 PM
I too have had macro on my mag for almost 3 years. Not 1 single problem. Ya just gotta take care of what you got. I ordered my mag outta Splat Attack out in Washington State (long way, cuz i'm in wisconsin) and the macro they put on works perfectly fine. Just make sure the connector thingys are secure and the hose goes in ALL the way.