PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever chop off their finger?

rdb123
12-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Just wondering if any of you have ever chopped off your finger by accident by placing it into the breach and firing....

I'm just asking because I nearly decided to put my finger in a breach and testing a Level10 without sticking in a test object first. Luckily, I decided to stick a pencil in and was shocked that it clear cut that into 3 pieces.

-Ron

toymyster
12-27-2002, 09:19 PM
You can not chop off your finger by placing it in front of the bolt!!!! You can bruise you finger pretty well on the level7 bolt (did that once), but nothing will happen if you put your finger in front of the LX bolt, I've done it dozens of times already showing poeple how it works!!

rdb123
12-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by toymyster
You can not chop off your finger by placing it in front of the bolt!!!! You can bruise you finger pretty well on the level7 bolt (did that once), but nothing will happen if you put your finger in front of the LX bolt, I've done it dozens of times already showing poeple how it works!!

Lol, well I think you mean a properly installed one.

toymyster
12-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Worst case senario: you will have a slightly bruised finger for a couple of days!!! To avoid a bigger bruise to your ego, try the setup out in private before you try to impress anyone else with it!!

Havoc_online
12-27-2002, 09:36 PM
've c opped o e of y fi gers wit a lx bolt. G ess w ic o e.:o

(alot of ppl fail to realize that the lx has two speeds. If your doing the finger test, you need to have your finger resting on the foamie, not on the other side of the breech, it will be hit HARD there)

halB
12-27-2002, 10:02 PM
my friend had a few of his fingers routed off in a woodshop accident, pretty cool. since he doesnt have any fingernails there he just balances coins and pencils on his fingertips.

rdb123
12-27-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by halB
my friend had a few of his fingers routed off in a woodshop accident, pretty cool. since he doesnt have any fingernails there he just balances coins and pencils on his fingertips.

Ummmm...... weird lol.

-Ron

pbzmag
12-27-2002, 10:42 PM
This is from another post "Sticking finger in LX" that I replied to:

When assembling the bolt, test with something else like a straight shot sqeagee(sp). When everything is fine, you can use your finger. The valve does work, just remember safety first.

I forgot to do a test fire first and ended almost chopping my finger. What happened is that I assembled the valve and gassed it up. I stuck my finger in and fired. I heard a pop and the sound of a large leak. I thought to myself and thought, "this isn't right". So I took out my finger and saw blood. Now I new something was wrong. Well I ran to the bathroom to stop the bleeding. After I got the bleeding to stop, I inspected the cut and noticed that it was deep. SO, off to the ER. I took a quick look at the area I was working at and noticed the powertube top off to the side. Now I new what happened, it went full force. Luckily that the foamie wasn't attached, it could have been worse. That was 1.5 months ago. It healed but left a scar. During that time, the tip of my finger felt wierd with no feeling. All is fine now but it feels like there is a small bulge where it sliced through.

Remember: SAFETY FIRST!

pbzmag

rdb123
12-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by pbzmag
...Luckily that the foamie wasn't attached, it could have been worse... :(

Well I'm glad you're ok man.

-Ron

JT2002
12-27-2002, 11:14 PM
ouch! glad your ok :)

magnj
12-28-2002, 12:20 AM
ouch
yea i tested mine with a pen cap and it cut it in half cuz i held it too far away

Jonno06
12-28-2002, 02:50 AM
i wanna see a picture of someones finger that has been shot..

anyway,glad ur ok

pbzmag
12-28-2002, 02:54 PM
Wish I had a digi cam to show you all, but i'm saving up for a x-mag. I forgot to say that I also injured my nerve. That took the longest to heal.

pbzmag

LawFox32
12-28-2002, 03:10 PM
on the 22nd I was shot by a good friend of mine; on the middle finger right on the finger nail; wow it really stung; and I was wearing a neoprene glove too

Trench_Riader
12-28-2002, 03:18 PM
i wanna see a picture of someones finger that has been shot..

I can arange that! Linked below is a video clip of just that act!

edited out link - cphilip

But that isn't what you had in mind, is it?

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

Disclaimer:clicking on the above link will send the viewer to a video clip of a Russian prisoner being tortured by Chetch terrorists. The viewer does so of his own free will and "Trench Raider" is not responsible for any result that may occur due to viewing said clip. Furthermore, linking to said clip is not a violation of the ToS of this site as the material has not been placed on Automags.orgs's server, but has instead been linked to.

Trench_Riader
12-28-2002, 03:20 PM
For some reason it's not allowing me to link directly to the video clip. If you really want to see it, type "shotoff.asf" into the search archive box at the bottom of the page.....

Sorry for the inconveinence....

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

ubooze
12-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Did anyone ever tell you that you need help??
That was a brutal and disturbing video.....

ANYWAYS back to the topic.... Everone here is right, you cannot have a distance between the bolt and the object. If you have seen TK put any object in the breech area, it always fills the whole area up OR there is an aluminum block behind it.... that is using the LX

Trench_Riader
12-28-2002, 03:43 PM
Did anyone ever tell you that you need help??
That was a brutal and disturbing video.....

Hey, he asked to see someone with their finger shot off...
And as for the nature of said video, blaim the terrorist, not me.

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

cphilip
12-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Trench, I am not going to allow that link or video. I think its inappropriate material for this site.

JT2002
12-28-2002, 10:05 PM
good choice. after seeing the home page of that site it was enough for me. what kind of psycho's have fun looking at that site? its disgusting :mad:

redlaser666
12-29-2002, 12:53 AM
pbzmag, same thing happened to me (forgot the powertube tip), but luckily i only got a bruise and it didn't cut. Hope your finger got better.

pbzmag
12-29-2002, 02:43 AM
redlaser666 - Your very luck. As for me, there is only a scar left. There is also a slight bump feel under the skin that I can feel when I apply pressure on it.

pbzmag

*ArKfEaR*
12-29-2002, 03:29 AM
Just wait till News at 10 on fox five. LOL.....

.....In a quiet neighboorhood in Chestertonville. A young boy, a proud player of the sport called paintball was installing a new component for his paintball marker. It was suppose to make the gun impossible to chop, he was showing off to his friends. The worst happened that day, little Joey shot his finger off. Joeys parents filed a lawsuit against the Owner of the company,Tome Kaye of Air Gun Designs. They lost all their money and went bankrupt, now nobody recieves AGD Products. Maybe we are better of without them because of such a tragety. BUT IN THE MEANTIME go to your local WGP Dealer cause they sell cockers that shoot farther, with flatter trajectory and are much more accurate. :D

TEHEHEE... Just incase this doesnt ring a bell to anyone who works at AGD. Please just warn someone to put a warning label in the manual in big bright red letters to protect your company from the idiots. ;)

PS: Sueing steals from the rich and makes the rich richer :D

cphilip
12-29-2002, 08:59 AM
News on Channel Four at 10....

"Arkfear declared incompetent and ordered into treatment. Condidered dangerous and had his computer taken away. Was last heard screaming as they Hauled him away "I can stick my finger into a light socket if I want too!!!!".

Warning is people under 18 should not even be allowed to buy one. "Its not a Toy!" Go tell your mommy! And drugs are bad for you, mmmmmkay? .... :rolleyes: :D

*ArKfEaR*
12-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
News on Channel Four at 10....

"Arkfear declared incompetent and ordered into treatment. Condidered dangerous and had his computer taken away. Was last heard screaming as they Hauled him away "I can stick my finger into a light socket if I want too!!!!".

Warning is people under 18 should not even be allowed to buy one. "Its not a Toy!" Go tell your mommy! And drugs are bad for you, mmmmmkay? .... :rolleyes: :D

Umm if you say so? I was trying to have some fun, but if thats your style whatever. Computer taken away, hehehe G1 your right what would i do at 4 am totally boored after a day of life :D. Still dont understand how my joke/seriousness of a story somehow flip flops into an attack towards me. I would make a funny story with your name but i mite get banned but cheers to you mate! Want to put some shrimp on de barby?

rdb123
12-29-2002, 05:08 PM
Hey hey, we're off topic. =)

-Ron

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-29-2002, 06:45 PM
OMG this thread so makes me want to throw up

luke
12-29-2002, 07:38 PM
I never chopped a (my) finger off in a paintball gun or with anything else, but, I did chop my cousin’s fingers (3 if I remember correctly) with a hatchet when I was 6 years old…......

*ArKfEaR*
12-29-2002, 09:00 PM
/\
||
||
||
||

Ummmm... im scared. We have jack the ripper here on AO. HEH :eek:

InfinatyBPS
12-30-2002, 12:05 AM
I'm not gonna mention what I chopped off in my paintball gun...:eek:

rdb123
12-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
OMG this thread so makes me want to throw up

Well, I'm sorry. I only posted this because I wanted to know the extent of damage that a bolt could do to you.

-Ron

wyn1370
12-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by rdb123

Well, I'm sorry. I only posted this because I wanted to know the extent of damage that a bolt could do to you.

-Ron
Don't worry about him. Anyone who includes OMG in a post automatically looses all credability.

I chopped off the tip of my left pointer with a pair of pruners. Mind you it was just the tip, no bone or anything.