PDA

View Full Version : how much is too much?

TheJester
12-27-2002, 10:50 PM
yea, looking back at the past week, i've spent almost 400 bucks on my mag this week, and i'm not even done upgrading, i just bought an x-valve, and an intelliframe (i'll post pics when they come in and i get the film developed) but i did have to take some self control, and had to turn down a game because i dind't have money, and didn't feel right hitting the parents up for money when i've spent so much, cause there's a big game sunday, but i can't go because i'm in the middle of an upgrade w/ the x-valve, and i don't have a valve at the moment, and i called the shop to see when/if there will be another game, and he said, well i'm not going, you can use my gun [a kick @ss emag] if you want, but yea, how much is too much to put into your gun in 1 week?

rdb123
12-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Yeah man, I hate the feeling. I feel the need to buy barrel kits and new tanks and stuff. =(

Just to think that in 5 years, this stuff won't be worth nearly as much as what I paid.

-Ron

PolishSausage
12-27-2002, 11:24 PM
I just did $160 this week, well actually in 2 days...

deathstalker
12-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Holy run-on, Batman!:eek:

I'll usually save up a couple months for bigger purchases, only to make sure I have enough cash on hand for any emergencies like car repairs. If you have the money to spend, I don't see why you shouldn't spend it.

darklord
12-28-2002, 12:02 AM
I'm probably going to be spending $600-700 soon on a new gun, so, don't feel weird... if you think about it, you're spending it all at once, so later you won't really have to worry as much about buying upgrades.

YourMasterJulian
12-28-2002, 12:45 AM
Everytime i buy stuff, it doesnt bother me cause i sell it later for more money than i bought it for. 2 months ago I got an impulse with 2 co2 tanks and a ricochett loader for 220. Last weekend i got a black automag rt with boomstick for 200 :)

TheJester
12-28-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by darklord
I'm probably going to be spending $600-700 soon on a new gun, so, don't feel weird...

yea, but the thing is, i didn't get a new gun, this all went into my mag, i could have bought another mag, hell another 2 mags (well maybe not 2 emags) for the money i've put into my little minimag

but you know what, i love it, cause my mag is gonna be rocking after i get these in, my only other option i have to decide on is, do i stick w/ gravity feed w/ my ricochet, and buy a center feed body and polish it myself, or do i go warp....hmm decissions, decissions

FordPrefect
12-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by YourMasterJulian
2 months ago I got an impulse with 2 co2 tanks and a ricochett loader for 220. Last weekend i got a black automag rt with boomstick for 200 :)

Where in the world do you get these deals? Just local kids that don't know anything or what?

fire1811
12-28-2002, 09:40 PM
yeah but really with the money
u just spent on new valve and frame u got a new gun :D
just look at the bright side :D

Blazingace
12-28-2002, 10:12 PM
I have no money at all. I have been known to blow about that much almost every week. Check my sig. for the goods. I love to play and I have decided to slow down in my purchases so I can play every weekend. Save up a little at a time to buy upgrades. That way you can play with the gun instead of having it sit in pieces.

YourMasterJulian
12-29-2002, 12:04 AM
FordPrefect-

I just talk to people a lot at the fields. get connections. Buy guns that dont work quite right and fix them 5 minutes after i buy them. The impulse...well...I knew someone who had to pay their rent...like SERIOUSLY PAY THEIR RENT or be homeless. Having cash on hand also helps.

By the way Mr. Prefect, that was a great book! (ive only read the first one)

elpimpo
12-30-2002, 06:40 PM
spending to much on a gun thats like saying having to much sex

Cha0tic
12-30-2002, 06:44 PM
its really easy to lose track of how much you've spent. i always find myself buying way to much stuff, then not having any money to actually buy air and paint to play.

BTW, that first post was the biggest run-on i've ever seen lol.

shartley
12-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Too much is different for different people. When it becomes a problem, or causes problems in other aspects of your life.. THEN it is too much. Until then, no problem……