PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Sky Divers here??

luke
12-28-2002, 12:12 AM
Just curious if there are any sky divers hanging around? I’m now a “wuffo”; it’s been a few years since I jumped….

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-28-2002, 12:14 AM
no but im going to before i die but ill never bungir jump u wanna no y cause if u bungie jump and the rope breaks ur prolly not gonna die its just gonna hurt alot but if u jump of a airplane and the shoot dont open ur gonna die and its not gonna hurt:D

luke
12-28-2002, 12:23 AM
You get way more “bang” for your buck skydiving. Bungee jumping is over in seconds, skydiving you get a plane ride, around a one minute free fall and a 3 or 4 minute parachute ride.:D

Dayspring
12-28-2002, 12:36 AM
Done it once. I'd like to do it again. And you're right. 10,000 down at 120mph... WHAT A RUSH!

AcemanPB
12-28-2002, 01:36 AM
I am planning on skydiving as soon as I'm old enough. I think the place said you must be 18 or older to jump. It seems like alot of fun and I can't wait till I can do it!

OutRage86
12-28-2002, 01:43 AM
I went indoor skydiving does that count? More like floating over a huge airplane propeller but still a rush. i did this in Pigeon Forge, TN.

xtremexnyc
12-28-2002, 02:24 AM
My friend gave me a jump for my b-day. I did a tandem. This is when you jump with someone. You leave the plane at about 13,500 FT. If you do it have them videotape you. Let me tell you waht a rush! I'm going to do it again.:)

Army
12-28-2002, 03:06 AM
Does it count when a large man with a black hat says to get off his airplane, before he kicks your butt and throws you out..........5 seperate times?

luke
12-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Dayspring, xtremexnyc
Where did you guys jump at?

OutRage86,
I guess it’s not exactly the same as jumping out of a plane at 13,500 ft, but you get the idea of what it’s like to free fall. I always wanted to try it but never had the opportunity to. I hear it’s expensive. (?) It’s actually a great way to learn to skydive. While skydiving, you only get about 60 seconds per jump to practice any type of maneuver, so it takes many jumps to get good at it.

Army,
Heck yea it counts. Were you jumping at tree top level? Now that’s crazy!

Mango
12-28-2002, 11:54 AM
I want to go SO bad, just don't have the money yet. The skydiveing place near me set the world record for largest aerial formation. I see the skydivers all the time, one of them landed on the roof of the movie theatre I worked at. He yelled down to the people in the parking lot to have us open the roof hatch so he could get down. LOL

luke
12-28-2002, 12:10 PM
It must be the old record, because the world record for the largest formation was set in Eloy, Az. about 2 weeks ago, it was a 300 way.

The large formations are incredible to watch if you ever get the chance.

Mango
12-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Oh ok, yes they supposedly set this record last year. It was on thier flyers they hand out. The name of the place is Cross Keys Skydiveing I think.

Dayspring
12-28-2002, 12:25 PM
I went at a place in NJ called SkyDive NJ Shore.

Originally posted by luke
Dayspring, xtremexnyc

OutRage86,
I guess it’s not exactly the same as jumping out of a plane at 13,500 ft, but you get the idea of what it’s like to free fall. I always wanted to try it but never had the opportunity to. I hear it’s expensive. (?) It’s actually a great way to learn to skydive. While skydiving, you only get about 60 seconds per jump to practice any type of maneuver, so it takes many jumps to get good at it.

Army,
Heck yea it counts. Were you jumping at tree top level? Now that’s crazy!

Quiet
12-28-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey Army,
I'll bet that you used one of those nasty round chutes, man those things drop you down like a ton of bricks. If you ever get the chance use a ram air chute you can control them better and if you don't screw up your flare they set you down so easily.

Helluva rush though. Gonna try a night dive soon.

Koosh
12-28-2002, 01:08 PM
My dad always tells me... "Only two things fall from the sky. Bird (poop) and Fools."

That being said, I think skydiving would be pretty fun. I had a chance to over the summer, but I couldn't make it. I guess it ended up being better though, I would have gone with two people from work... they were in a "semi" relationship... but as the summer progressed it got deeper. Cut to 3 months later and she broke up with him... next day he was fired at his job... 5 days later, he goes beserk. He took the girl and her family hostage for 10 hours. He let them all go, but killed himself in her house! I only knew him from work, but he seemed like a level-headed guy, and this caught us all by suprise. Needless to say, I'm kind of glad I didn't get to know him more...

Now I'm not sure how this all fits in a Skydiving thread, but, meh!

xtremexnyc
12-28-2002, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by luke
[B]Dayspring, xtremexnyc

Freefall Adventures, INC
Skydiving School
300 Dahlia Ave
Williamstown NJ 08094
(888)855-jump

luke
12-28-2002, 10:39 PM
Gonna try a night dive soon.

Quiet,
Are you going for your "D" license?

PolishSausage
12-28-2002, 10:45 PM
All I know is that if I jumped out of a plane and the chute didn't open, I'd take off everything I was wearing, that way when I hit the ground no one could explain how a naked man fell from the sky....

luke
12-28-2002, 10:54 PM
How about trying your reserve first?? ;)

PolishSausage
12-28-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by luke
How about trying your reserve first?? ;)

Well, assuming they BOTH fail....

blackdragon5154
12-28-2002, 11:17 PM
what kink of jumps have you done? becuse for the other people that have not sky dived before they probley do not know the difference. as for me i jumped many times while in the usmc. as well as both night an day jumps. in missons and for fun. call it crazy but i like the feel of helplesness. :D :cool:

luke
12-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Kink? I’ve never heard that term before. (Maybe it’s a new term, I haven’t jumped since around 96.)

Although I did 80 jumps, I never did try for any licenses. I’ve been thinking about getting back into the sport because they opened a small DZ here in Cottonwood. I would have never got out of the sport if I had seen that coming. One reason I stopped jumping was the 6 hour drive to the nearest DZ. (Eloy)

luke
12-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Is a Kink a 1000?

Quiet
12-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Kink is a typo of kind

Quiet
12-29-2002, 03:14 PM
Any base jumpers in the crowd?

PolishSausage
12-29-2002, 04:25 PM
I wanna buy a BASE rig so I can start jumping off random objects..

luke
12-29-2002, 07:26 PM
Well I did mostly solos. (freestyle) I did do some “two ways”, but not much more.

PolishSausage,
I suggest you become an accomplished skydiver before you start base jumping. It takes a great amount of “flying” skills to base jump without killing yourself.
;)

Quiet
12-29-2002, 08:00 PM
Skills are definately important for doing base jumps but so is common sense. I've got a friend in a wheelchair who was a really talented diver, but not too bright. He jumped off a building that was a little too short so his chute didn't deploy fully, most of us were surprised he's still alive.

At least they got it all on film

luke
12-29-2002, 08:13 PM
"common sense" is definitely a plus!!!!:D

halB
12-29-2002, 10:59 PM
i wanna sky dive but my mommy wont let me :(

Timmee
12-30-2002, 10:52 AM
Remember, if your 'chutes don't open, you MAY be entitled to a refund. :D

BTW, while it sounds like fun, the only way I'm gonna jump out of a plane is if it's on fire and going to crash!

Archangel Damien
12-30-2002, 11:31 AM
i want to try skydiving:D