PDA

View Full Version : Who has gotten tired of waiting for an X-Mag and bought a different gun?

DiRTyBuNNy
12-28-2002, 04:11 AM
I just wondered if anyone out there has gotten tired of the X-Mag and just said forget it and bought another gun...as many people know me I'm the paintball markers version of a packrat..I've had just about everything so far..I'm going to be getting one of the new Trauma FreeFlow Matrices while I'm on the waiting list for the X-Mag but it's really starting to just drive me nuts...

adam shannon
12-28-2002, 04:40 AM
im tired of waiting....i would hate to settle for a diffrent marker....but if the new shockers are out before i get my xmag i may have to go that route.

DryIce
12-28-2002, 09:17 AM
what pre-order are you on (for the trauma matrix)

rdb123
12-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I got tired of waiting so I bought an SFL ;)

Now I plan to get an X-Mag as a backup! ha

-Ron

cphilip
12-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Well I have now picked up several different emag configurations over the months. To fill in during the wait. I wouldn't have made any moves at all if I had known but in some ways its been kinda cool to have tried these different things. Course I am always a loyal AGD guy so its always gonna be a Mag so thats not much of a threat to anyone. But I do understand your frustration. I have been on the trigger on this thing while the info keeps changing and things keep not happening so I realy do know how frustrating this is. Simple fact is the bodies are not there to fill em and the valves were first messed up and so things just did not work out as planned. But things are now seeming to flow. Assuming no more delivery problems, I should think things will realy straighten out come the next few months.

Whatever you decide to do its your choice. For me, a loyal shoot a mag primary marker kinda guy and nothing else will do, I wait...However pissed and dissapointed...I wait.

Rynoboy06
12-28-2002, 12:49 PM
My new DD viking #393 is most certainly a symptom of an insufficient avalibility of X-mags. I'm still going to get one, but now I'm going to wait and see about custom ones like the new batch of SFL's instead of just grabbing the first Cnc off the line. I remember when the Extremes were going to be out LAST Christmas!

FalconGuy016
12-28-2002, 12:56 PM
if I actually had the money, I wouldnt mind the wait at all, I think the xmag is the sexiest gun there is

wyn1370
12-28-2002, 01:07 PM
I got sick of waiting about 2 years ago. Bought a timmy, bought a GZ, finally got an X-mag (sold it) and bought a dragon.

darklord
12-28-2002, 01:44 PM
I am tired of waiting and don't really want to end up as # 9999999999 on a preorder list, so i'm just buying an emag. I won't be able to have an ACE but at least I can have a light body with the ULE, x-valve, and slug body...

Jonno06
12-28-2002, 02:27 PM
If I had the money for as long as you guys,i would never be able to wait...

waiting means not playing...

not playing makes me go insane...

freek133
12-28-2002, 03:31 PM
I was thinking about the x-mag route, but I also went the e-mag route. I dont really care much about weight, being that my field is all matricees I have one of the lighter guns if you'd believe that. And once the xmags get into smooth production I will get a body, and a ule trigger frame, and then maybe get it milled for ace way down the road.

Little Matt
12-28-2002, 04:01 PM
Well, no matter what I'm getting me a new gun before next tournament season. Which for me starts about march or towards the end of febuary. I would like to get a x-mag, but therese no way I'm gonna get one by then and I'm not gonna wait. I'm trying to decide between the Micro-E or the new shocker. Of course the new shocker has about 85 % of my attention becuase they are going to be alot cheaper than the Micro-E. And the shocker is going to be an awsome gun if they stand up and fills in the shoes that smart parts is making for it. But yeah, I wish they could pump them out alittle fast becuase I know I would get one. But since they are not, I don't think I will be buying one.

Later,

DiRTyBuNNy
12-28-2002, 04:28 PM
DryICe-
I'm part of the january order...I've been watching your December order really closely to see how they turn out. I actually bought out BHood's Deep Blue Dust LED; it's going to have the new Crossfire Reg and 14" Matching Dye Ultralite, Magnet frame and I'm getting a conquest too (has anyone heard of problems re'annoing conquests..that's what he told me when I asked him if I could get it matched)..

Blazingace
12-28-2002, 05:30 PM
Yeah I bought an E-Mag. I guess I will have to save more money when I can get an X-Mag. E-mag is good for now.

EsPo
12-28-2002, 05:40 PM
if i had the money, i would take an impact IR3 before an x mag

AutomagRT1483
12-28-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm still working on saving up the money for the X-mag. But I'll wait as long as it takes to have one of my own.

Smoke
12-28-2002, 07:26 PM
But Geoff, what about our tank??!!!? J/K!!!!

AutomagRT1483
12-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Shhh....quiet you. I can save up for both you know:cool:

Smoke
12-28-2002, 07:42 PM
NAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

AutomagRT1483
12-28-2002, 07:44 PM
You just watch Chris.

Smoke
12-28-2002, 07:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DiRTyBuNNy
12-28-2002, 08:32 PM
So..yes...I'm still waiting for an X-mag..but I think by then I'll probably need the money to send my kids to college..hahahhahhahhaa

Emagster
12-28-2002, 09:35 PM
I got tired of waiting around july, so i went and got a regular e-mag with emagnum board it. I dont see how i could love the Xmag any more...MAN i luv my gun...i just got Lvl 10 installed today. I hope it works as good as everyone else says

dmonahan
12-30-2002, 01:32 PM
I spent my X-Mag money on a chipley (CCM) I bought both the pump and semi.

Badger94z28
05-06-2003, 11:50 AM
I was on the list for an august Xmag.....and thought that I would save every week and have just enough to buy when it was ready. However, I can't save and spend money playing at the same time, and I didn't want to not play till august. My decision??? with the 750 I had saved so far, I just spent 400 to order a new 03 conquest direct from macdev, and decided to save 500 bucks on the X and get an Angel speed instead. It's easier to shoot fast, doesnt chop with sensi and is way cheaper.

Sorry AGD, but this Xmag thing is BAD MARKETING!!! Anyone with a degree in business or economics can tell you that it would be better if you just sucked it up and invested in more equipment and help to at least come close to meeting the demand for these guns. With such a demand you would make back your investment pretty fast. Now you have potential customers going elsewhere.

I decided when I couldn't get a ULE body to build an RTP (what I first decided to get instead of an X) that I was not going to just wait around for AGD to get it's act together. I'm not supporting a company who doesn't ever have their most wanted products available. You guys will play this off since you are so used to waiting for AGD products, but customers should never have to go through such a hassle just to buy from a certain company.

So I'm not waiting til august for an X, and I'm not waiting another month just for more ULE bodies and the stupid matching xvalves to come out. I don't want everyone bashing me now! I know AGD has great products and I would be proud to own them, but I just can't get ahold of them and that is bad business, period!

WARPED1
05-06-2003, 12:00 PM
When I heard there was a 4-6 month waiting list, I said "screw that" and traded for an Emag. If the waiting list was like 1 or 2 months, I'd consider getting on a list.
And I agree with Badger.

WarBUCKs
05-06-2003, 12:04 PM
I am reallying thinking about one of these New York Matrixes if the wait is really that long! I wish I could get the X-mag sooner

www.nyxtremematrix.com There are two videos on the site if anyone wants to see them.

Dayspring
05-06-2003, 12:06 PM
You do realize that there are stores that are getting Xmags and people haven't claimed them yet. That's how I got mine. I got my name on the list in January/Feb. I picked it up a month ago from a store that had one in that nobody claimed.

It does happen- you just have to look for them. Many people have fallen into them like that. There was a week there where 6 people got Xmags- 5 of which were from a store that received them but nobody purchased them prior to arrival.

To each their own- so have fun with your glorified spyder. ;)

Badger94z28
05-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Exactly, to each his own......have fun with your wrist shooting at a crazy uncomfortable angle too. Space frame for me.

darklord
05-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by WarBUCKs
I am reallying thinking about one of these New York Matrixes if the wait is really that long! I wish I could get the X-mag sooner

www.nyxtremematrix.com There are two videos on the site if anyone wants to see them. Um, the NYX matrix is one of the sweetest guns IMO, it has all the necessary upgrades, and an ACE and new board completely stock. Go for it, you won't be disappointed!