PDA

View Full Version : Starting up a legal field

CMDane
12-28-2002, 04:32 AM
I'm thinking about starting an insured field in the area, but don't know where to start. I'm hoping to be able to rent/lease city or county land (need to check into that), provide facilities, etc., but don't know where to go for insurance, rentals, fills, etc. Any current owners able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance!

LawFox32
12-28-2002, 09:56 AM
search paintball insurance on Yahoo; I beleive there is a company called paintball insurance inc.

you will need a compressor for the fills

you can always pick up around 2 dozen old tippmann m98s for rentals

HoppysMag
12-28-2002, 10:10 AM
ya 98's or 98c's for rentals... find out who plays in your area ( ie woods ball , speed or what not) cause in my area besides the staff at the field and a very select few no one uses HPA so getting a compressor first might not be the best idea. you will need co2 tanks which you can normaly get at your local welding shop.

are there any entertainment parks near by? a driving range with some extra land perhaps?

magnj
12-28-2002, 10:27 AM
what does it cost to rent land?

Kevmaster
12-28-2002, 11:11 AM
heres what youll need

*permit from the city/county to play paintball
*business liscence
*tax ID number
*LAND
*Wholesale account with National Paintball Supply(NJ) or Paintball Inc(SC, TX, CA). choose whichever is closer to you
*Insurance from a paintball specific insurer...APL...PII etc
*arrangement with a machine and welding shop in the area to provide Co2 and HPA
*20(min) Rental guns kits(Gun, Tank, Hopper, Mask). Preferably NEW. You MUST know how to work on them and fix them. Have 10 spares kits around. Paintball Inc's GTV1s work GREAT(all orings are Tank orings, all screws are standard thread, they even work in the winter on CO2)

this is just a short list, ill be back later with more

magnj
12-28-2002, 12:54 PM
lets say you buy/rent some farmland. Do you need a permit to play on it if you arent going to make it a public field, just a private field?

Vash02
12-28-2002, 01:36 PM
I believe you dont need a permit to play but if someone gets hurt and they decide to sue your in BIG BIG TROUBLE.

magnj
12-28-2002, 02:06 PM
yea well, id have to kill them before hey sue me, anyway it would only be private and only friends who probably wouldnt sue me. I know where to get a sup air fireld from i just need to find land. are there any websites to find farmland lol?

Kevmaster
12-28-2002, 06:11 PM
to play privately you dont need a permit...but to hold a public field the land needs to be zoned for paintball by the city/county government