PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Mag or Nice Cocker?

Belly Flop
09-03-2001, 07:21 PM
Hey, I'm new to the high end game (moving up from a F4 Illustrator). Ok, I've got two guns in my price range (both used), a black hyper Mag w/ 12" Tear Drop and foregrip, or a 2k cocker with a few goodies. I've shot a cocker before, but I've never shot a Hyper mag. Normally I would forget the mag, but the price is oh so right. I'm not looking for a mag cocker fight, just wondering what you guys think of the Hyper Mag. Oh, and he says the gun has been sent to Center Flag for installation of the frame. I thought the things just screwed on?

E=Mag MAN
09-03-2001, 07:30 PM
HYPER MAG!but first make sure it works rite because the frame can be installed wronge but since he sent it in it should be fine.ALso if u play front get the mag im telling u cocker is not what i call a front gun.if u play mid to back i would probly say get the cocker also what goodies are these if its like a boomer and a frame get mag but if its all new pnuemics and barrel and frame get cocker

------------------
E-MAG with warp and a flatline.

WORKS GREAT

Cha0tic
09-03-2001, 07:41 PM
well, it seems like the mag has more upgrades. a mag + a hyperframe costs more than a stock cocker with "a few goodies"

you will be more compact and get a higher ROF with a hypermag. and not to start a conflict, we are comparing a stock cocker to a mag with hyperframe....

Belly Flop
09-03-2001, 07:42 PM
That's what I thought, but what is the trigger like?

Dude
09-03-2001, 07:52 PM
The trigger pull is is like clicking a mouse on a computer. In fact, the trigger on a hyper-frame is lighter than on an angel. If you want to see what this frame, on a stock automag without retro-valve, can do go to odysseypaintball.com and watch the movies at that site.

OldSchoolMag
09-03-2001, 08:27 PM
Yeah, unless the "goodies" include a check for a a couple thou, I'd take the Mag.

MAKE SURE IT WORKS!!! If you buy a good gun that has been messed up, what's the point?

Also, what type of paintball do you play? Rec, tourny, scenario, mix? Personally, if the cocker has "GREATIES(tm)" and you are an avid tourny player, I'd take it if you can A) Maintain the cocker PRECISELY. I mean, wake up at 5 am to let it go the bathroom, capiche?, B) Have the amazing ability to not short stroke everything like I do, and C) Have patience, are a back-player in tournys, and have a nice stack of cash to blow should you blow something major in your cocker. But for all rec and scenario play, I'd go for the mag. The pull on that HyperFrame is SWEET!! Have you ever offered a bribe to an airsmith to let one "fall off the truck?" Didn't think so. Of course, I was removed from the store screaming "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!" a few minutes later, so I wouldn't reccomend that approach either.

Bottom line - Automag = GOOD!!!

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
Smart Parts Magic Box Installed on A.I.R.
Green Small Bore All American 12"
KAPP Air Through Grip & Drop Foward
67ci 3000psi Chubby Nitro
9volt VL
AGD user for life

Peanut The Paintballer
09-03-2001, 10:26 PM
u sure your ok if you short stroke everything?