PDA

View Full Version : 2003: AO NE Day II

Remington
12-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Well, I read awhile back that dansim was organizing another AO NE Day. So in light of that, I decided to post ideas for the event here, and you should too: 1.) Make it a charity event to draw more attention from the public. 2.) Have FNX Radio hosts Storm, Birdsey, and Harding(well I'm not entirely sure if Harding is capable of playing but that something we can decide later) come and play and get AO/paintball more publicity. 3.) Give away lots of prizes but still keep prices for paint, air, and entrance fees down. 4.) Hold it at either Boston Paintball's new complex in Somverville or P&L Paintball's complex. I'm sure you all can come up with more/better ideas, so lets hear 'em! :D

The Frymarker
12-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Well the next NE AO day I will attend again, if you guys want I have some prizes to give away.

Let me know if you would like for me to attend.

Take care

Remington
12-28-2002, 08:24 PM
We'd love to have you at the next AO NE Day! Why would you need to ask? :D

magsRus
12-29-2002, 01:03 AM
well hot digity damn! whenever the next NE meet is going to be i'm going to make it this time...going to bring my whole crew up..

Remington
12-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Up for this . . . wheres dansim!?

Rynoboy06
12-29-2002, 11:54 AM
Having FNX show up would rock, but we'd definetely want to have tons of people coming if we're going to invite them. Are we talking about holding this during the winter, at an indoor place? I could live with setting a date far in advance in the spring/summer and making the event as big as possible then. About prizes, I guess we can't go wrong having them, but I don't think we NEED to to make the event. Its more about AO than prizes.

big E kingpin
12-29-2002, 12:26 PM
im leaving for the navy the end of march so before the 20th of march and im down with probly 8 guys. id say boston paintball, its bigger and nicer then pnl

EsPo
12-29-2002, 12:44 PM
make it closer to CT!!!!! please:( :(

sniper1rfa
12-29-2002, 01:25 PM
i am all for it, as long as paint prices arent more than like 75-80 a case. i usually play for less (50/case, no other fees), and would only do that for an event. :)

BTW, i might be able to make a warp battery pack for a prize.

oldsoldier
12-29-2002, 02:04 PM
I'm up for it!

Will Wood
12-29-2002, 02:20 PM
I still think someplace the closest to Maine would work best :D :D

lol.. But.. The number one concern for me would be pricing...

Sinnet
12-29-2002, 02:30 PM
maybe two NE AO-days in 2003 would work... we could do one in CT and one in ME, to give the non-massachusettsers (who wouldnt be able to go to one there) an AO-day.

As far as location goes, for maine, Birch Hill apparently is quite nice with a lot of fields, and its not very expensive.

Remington
12-29-2002, 02:44 PM
Well, I'm okay with driving up to Maine in maybe March, but I'd rather have an AO NE Day down here. We need to hear what dansim has been planning before we really decide. If he's got something planned for Boston I'm all for it. Speaking of dansim, anybody know where he is?

Will Wood
12-29-2002, 03:03 PM
And dan also hates the MRPL :) . So I don't think he would come if it was up here.

But if he has stuff already planned... maine one way down there, and one way up here..lol. Anything more convient for us Mainers :) But I might be able to fly down (Dad's a pilot). So if it is near a airport..Maybe.

nospmas311
12-29-2002, 03:53 PM
I live right ont he border of connecticut in Western Mass. It takes me 45 minutes to hartford and about 3 horus to main. about 2 hours to Boston, so keep it in mass because that way everyone can have a moderate driving distance.

big E kingpin
12-29-2002, 07:56 PM
id say mass would be a pretty central location

Remington
12-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Up.

darklord
12-29-2002, 09:35 PM
I'd love to go to this, but as long as it fell on a weekend, since I have school.... oh yeah, and BP somerville's field is decent, but they pork you on paint prices... $80/case? Come on!:mad:

Timmee
12-30-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by nospmas311
I live right ont he border of connecticut in Western Mass. It takes me 45 minutes to hartford and about 3 horus to main. about 2 hours to Boston, so keep it in mass because that way everyone can have a moderate driving distance.

I think it's funny that it takes me longer to get to Hartford, and I LIVE in CT! :eek: :)

BTW, anywhere in CT, RI, or Mass would be no problem for me. I might even be able to make it to the event if it was in Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine.

The Frymarker
12-30-2002, 06:41 AM
Okay guys pick a place and date and I'll be there with some prizes.

Thordic
12-30-2002, 08:57 AM
I'm there dude :) I almost made the last one but got lazy at the last minute.

TheTramp
12-30-2002, 10:33 AM
I don't really think the BP Somerville place is that good of an idea. The chances of getting any sort of a deal on paint/fees out of Boston Paintball are next to nothing.

At least at P&L we'll be able to get some sort of deal. Possibly team practice prices. $30 to get in and all day air and BYOP with $65 for a case of team colors (or same quality) if you don't bring your own.

spydervenom
12-30-2002, 11:37 AM
i think it should be in my backyard :)

but maine and boston is too far for me to travel...i'm staying home, sorry.

sniper1rfa
12-30-2002, 12:07 PM
anywhere within like an hour of the cape is fine by me, maybe a little more if a friend gives me a ride.

nospmas311
12-30-2002, 01:27 PM
If there are any fields near Boston or near Hartford, it doesn't matter to me. As long as it isn't in Penn. or upstate New York. So Lets get some fields around Boston or Hartford listed...

Remington
12-30-2002, 01:39 PM
Wow, 30 bucks to get in with all day air and BYOP sounds like a deal to my ears! I'm happy with P&L, although I've never been there.

Wheelman
12-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Last time I saw Dansim was Tuesday, right before he left my house. Come to think of it I'm not even sure if he made it home.

As much as I would love to have one in Maine (So I don't have to travel so far this time) I doubt it will happen, the maine AO population is nowhere near as big as the rest of NE so we'll probably get voted out.

On another note, My Marker will be working this time(for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about you'd had to have been there, ask sniper1rfa or Dansim) and I may have my new Mag tonight wOOt! (just waiting for the call to come get it now, oh the lack of patience I have right now)

THIS JUST IN! My wife just informed me that he did make it home, so all I can think of now is a possible alien abduction......um, no.

sniper1rfa
12-30-2002, 06:44 PM
i do hope it wont be one of those 'cockers... theres only so much fun to be had working on them... :)

i too am getting a mag, and will play some rec games with it. of course, i will still be playing with the mayhem most of the day. :D

Wheelman
12-30-2002, 07:41 PM
Actually as of an hour ago it became only one of "those cockers" my 2k2 magically turned itself into a beautiful Nickel Micromag2000! I am so happy right now. But I broke down and bought a Gladiator for the spanky so I have no more problems. And thanks too you sniper I know where the sweet spot is, but I'll still let ya fool with it.....if I get to try out the Mayhem this time.

(pics comming soon)

sniper1rfa
12-30-2002, 07:55 PM
you strike a tough deal... ;) maybe, but if i get it running better, im playing a game with the 'cocker. :)

you have an LX on that micro?

Wheelman
12-30-2002, 08:36 PM
lol, no problem. I got that powerlyte frame I won at the first AONE on it, try that and I doubt you'll ever wanna use another hinge frame.

No LX yet but it's on the list (maybe an X valve....hmmmm)

sniper1rfa
12-30-2002, 08:49 PM
heh, im not a big fan of hinge frames, i like the sliding ones better myself. but hey, they shoot. :)

besides, it cant be worse than this firestorm frame. the trigger geometry is all wrong. you have to pull up and back...