PDA

View Full Version : Chopping got me to thinking...

beam
09-03-2001, 08:44 PM
Well, I didn't have the best outing this weekend. Chopped a ball every game.

So, this morning, while I was in the shower, I got to thinking. I think that the problem was that my nubbin wasn't adjusted correctly and my new Warpfeed was pushing the ball kind of past it...sort of 1 and a half feeding. I didn't think of that until today. I will adjust the nubbin and try it out and see if I can fix the issue.

But, before I thought of the nubbin thing, I was thinking I was short stroking it. This got me to thinking about how short stroking works (or doesn't work). What I envision that is going on is this:

1. Trigger is pulled
2. Bolt is release AND on/off is opened.
3. Bolt travels forward
4. Trigger is released
5. Bolt is returning AND air valve is being recharged.

Now if I pull the trigger again before the bolt is latched I will open the on/off and if there is enough pressure to overcome the return spring, I will break a ball.

Is this correct? If so, how hard would it be to develop something that (either mechanically or electronically) senses if the bolt is latched and if it isn't, won't open the on/off?

Then, I got to thinking about the bolt spring and how effective it is in returning the bolt. Does it return the bolt as fast as a blowback marker? Would it be beneficial to have an air assist bolt return? ....that just sounds like a fancy name for blowback...but you would have the big bolt spring as well.

These are just some things I was thinking about. Anyone's input into this would be great.

------------------
Intricate are you among the masses.... PAX217

apache
09-03-2001, 11:36 PM
On/off is closed when you pull the trigger.

Monsta
09-03-2001, 11:43 PM
1. Make sure there was no oil in your barrel...can't stress that enough. Depending on the ball

2. What ball size were you useing? (joke aside)

3. Try takeing off the sear to the trigger and putting it back in.

4. Last, Remove the on/off valve /clean. Then drop some oil around the spring.

Hope this helps