PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Buffalo, NY area??

Badabing
12-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Hey I'm just looking for some locals on the forum, maybe we could play sometime at a local field.

TheJester
12-29-2002, 10:29 AM
well i wouldn't call my self local, but semi local, i'm down in corning, not sure if you know where that is, but down towards elmira (that's a little bigger so you may actually know that 1) other than that i guess the only other way is i'm about 2 hours south of rochester, or like 30 min south of seneca lake (the southern most point of it that is) so i'm not local, i'm like 2 1/2-3 hours away, but closer than any 1 else that has replyed to your post :p

Badabing
12-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Ya I know where corning is, I'm from Hamburg.

spydervenom
12-30-2002, 12:40 AM
i'm sorta close. i'm like 1hour east of buffalo in batavia.

TheJester
12-30-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by spydervenom
i'm sorta close. i'm like 1hour east of buffalo in batavia.

ha, batavia, i was just there like 3 weeks ago for a meeting

kenshinkandon
12-30-2002, 11:25 AM
I'm south of Buffalo in Olean
I play at GRC alot

hardr0ck68
12-30-2002, 12:00 PM
im from marion, on 104 about 30 outside rochester, not really local to you either but in good old upstate NY, i go to college at Oswego. i wounder if theres enough guys for an AO meet....but i play at compete, i did play alot at GRC but then my team broke up. if you guys want to get togeather AFTER the mardi gras open i will be there, but untill then all my funds are goin to gettin me there and ready.

Brain Donor
12-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Corning, NY ?

wow, that's like 1/2 from me. I reside in the hills of Campbell/Thurston.

email = braindonor42@hotmail.com
aolim = Zhirrzh

- Jason D.

la690
12-30-2002, 01:48 PM
im in ontario,NY. its about 20 min east of rochester. BTW, Jester, im NefariousMag.

AutoMaggot
12-30-2002, 02:17 PM
Elmira College here!

Creative Mayhem
12-30-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm on the other side of the border, near Toronto. I'm about 45 mins - 1hr from Buffalo. LMK

C Mayhem

Badabing
12-30-2002, 03:47 PM
Ya could get a small AO meet going I bet. It would be pretty fun.

i-luv-my-rt
12-30-2002, 04:54 PM
I'm about 20 minutes north of buffalo. I am a local at GRC and play for there home team. I am always there just tell me and we can meet up or something.

freq
12-30-2002, 05:53 PM
i live in palmyra like 1hr from batavia...any time u want to play let me know!!!

TheJester
12-30-2002, 06:08 PM
Badabing- you say you're in hamburg, that's kinda close to angelica, my local feild just took a trip there to an indoor feild, i can' think of the name, and it actually may even be a differnt town, cause i though the guy said it was up past hornell, which is the oppisite dirrection, you ever here of it? it's gotta be pretty big for me to hear of it out here. i think they have a village too, my shop owner said something about if it was nice we would go out and use the village, unfortunently i didn't go, cause the game was yesterday, and well i don't have a valve in my mag cause i sent it in for an x-valve. but we're gonna be playing there again sometime before spring, and if it's the same place, i'll let you know when we're playin

*edit* sorry i misread the map, i was looking at angella which is closer to hamburg, but angelica is about the mid point between use, looks to be a little bit over an hour from each of us

AutoMaggot
12-30-2002, 06:14 PM
I-luv-my-RT... someone asked me to come play for you guys a while back. :D

Badabing
12-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Ya you are thinking of GRC that place is great. I am definatly thinkin we have enough people for an AO meet. It would be awsome.

i-luv-my-rt
12-31-2002, 10:57 AM
automaggot- the invitaiotn is still there I will be ther jan 12 and i think a couple more sundays after that. We are waiting on a full JT sponsorship and become Lockout kids or something. But we will be there alot reffing or playing.

PB_Sniper
01-06-2003, 11:25 PM
Hi,

I live in Lockport NY. Does anyone know where the best place to play is thats close?

Thanks

Jerhew
01-07-2003, 01:05 AM
hi
ya i live in buffalo..
havent had the money to play...
but im sure i could scrape some up if everyone decides to get a big AO game..
as far as local places...
there's tsunami in north tonawanda..
its not bad except the sand floor :(
atleast i think they're still there...its been awhile...

hostage
01-07-2003, 01:47 AM
im in Rochester NY about 2 hour drive, ProPB opened up a field here, it is sapose to be great, we have about 20+ membes in our college pb club, give us a holler if you want to play.
-Doron

Jerhew
01-07-2003, 01:51 AM
pro finally opened their field?
i was at the store last spring
and got a chance to talk to ethan about it...
but i didnt know if they ever got it finished...
he wasnt sure what kind of material he was going to use for the floor...
can't wait to check it out...

Badabing
01-07-2003, 02:27 PM
From what I've heard tsunami is pretty bad, the best place I can think of to play at is GRC in Angelica, they have plenty of fields and host some decent tourneys. I'm thinking about organizing a meet. If someone wants to take over for me, that would be great because I dont have a lot of time on my hands right now.

Thanks

Badabing

i-luv-my-rt
01-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Jan 24th is a budget night at GRC. check www.grcpaintball.net for more info.

I will also be reffing at PRO's field grand opening this sunday if anybody wants to stop by, it will be a good tourney.

Tsunami sucks!!! I am very good friends with the owner and alot of the regulars there. It is a big waste of money, sand in the guns is not worth it.

Hey dude i'm from newfane like 5 minutes from lockport. I could pick you up some time if you want to go to GRC. Get ahold of me.

AutoMaggot
01-07-2003, 09:23 PM
I'll be at GRC this sunday trying out my new Viking.

Jerhew
01-07-2003, 09:26 PM
ah like i said
it's close to me...thats about it...
it's a shame with that sand really
other than that it's not a bad field to play
but yeah that sand ruins it..
its too fine
grc's indoor is more of a coarse sand/gravel
its rough on the knees...but it definitely doesnt get into the gun as bad...

TheJester
01-07-2003, 09:27 PM
so we gonna have an AO meet or somethin on budget night?

PB_Sniper
01-07-2003, 10:36 PM
GRC on the 24th. Sounds good to me, I'll let you know if I can make it. Keep me posted. :D

Badabing
01-11-2003, 01:32 PM
I may be able to make it, but to be alittle more organized, I might talk to rob and see if we can't rent a field out sometime in like march. But, budget night might be good for now.