PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag/Raptor cradles?

nerobro
12-29-2002, 07:42 AM
i'm usually REALLY up on where, how and when to buy paintball gear. But I just got my hands on a 68/45 centerflag tank... on the bright side is that they fit a raptor cradle (or almost do... close enough in any case)

I have an APP cradle for my raptor. I love it. it's a single cast peice of aluminum. with two really big screws to clamp on the reg. If I could find another, i'd be in heaven.

Now who can suggest some tight cradles for me?

the drop zones just don't do it for me.. I want somethign that the back of the tank nearly touches the back of the trigger frame. Think of how a stock mount for a dynaflow, apoc or conquest. THAT is what I'm looking for. that is how I have my current raptor setup.

Help!

booyah
12-29-2002, 11:57 AM
I love the Dye one I have...

check out skanline.com for them, just right for a mag and a 68 tank

-Booyah

Kevmaster
12-29-2002, 12:48 PM
Centerflag makes a crade for it. in 3" and 5" versions...really nice too

nerobro
12-30-2002, 11:32 AM
Teh Dye Cradles are just apoc rails or ASA's on a dropforward. At least as their new offerings go.

the centerflag cradles are offset. Otherwise benchmark would be an option as well.

I"m looking to mount the tank exactly as a stock apoc rail, stock conquest rail, or dynaflow rail would mount the tank.

fire1811
12-30-2002, 12:56 PM
http://centerflagproducts.com/products/accessories/dropforward.shtml

here u go dude not ALL centerflag drops are offset
i had a hyperflow 201 with the drop forward and cradle (straight one) and its sweet as hell its made for the bottles so u wont find a better one.

mykroft
12-30-2002, 03:24 PM
Have you looked at the Stubby DropZone? Should do it, if a bit pricey.

dcmander
12-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey man, i plan to run a dynaflow and im gonna get an adapter from CP. It will mount your tank directly under your grip frame and the adapter itself is about half the thickness of the Air America one. I'm gonna call CP today and see how much they cost.

The CP adapter is the adapter that "Chimera" has.. Go take a look; it looks nice.

booyah
12-30-2002, 04:21 PM
http://www.skanline.com/productspb/products-DYE/product-pages/n2crdyrx.html

Thats why i specified skanline.

They rock

nerobro
12-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Booyah: That dye cradle won't cut it :-/ it clamps onto the front of a raptor. It wouldn't even fit my raptor (being that I don't have the kind with the shaved top) Good shot though ;-)

Dcmander: Yup, just an apoc rail will do it. But I don't have a dynaflow :-/

Mykroft: $40+ for a peice of hex aluminum and a bracket... Well acutally I was bidding for one on ebay ;-) I missed it. that's when this post was started. they look CLOSE to what I want. But drop a little too much. But I do like how they clamp onto regs.

Fire: I"ll need to take a closer look at that one.. and probally an apoc rail to go with it.

Idealy the mount won't have any drop to it. the mount I'm running my raptor in only puts the reg 1/2" below the gripframe. *dreams of finding another APP cradle*

Thanks for the suggestions...