PDA

View Full Version : My Emag LX was horrible today

PsychoMag
12-29-2002, 07:42 PM
I shot my LX emag today and it was horrible. I was breaking paint everywhere, noi matter what brand, and what insert. I tested the LX mod and it seems to be working pefectly, my warp and ricochet had fresh batteries as well. Has anyone else had this happen?

I tried...
32* competition
Team Colors winter fill
PMI Bigball
Diablo Midnight
RecSport
Evil
and Arctic Inferno...

mykroft
12-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Where was it breaking?

Sounds like you had barrel breaks galore, likely due to excessively fragile paint.

PsychoMag
12-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Yeah...it was 48* and sunny most of the day, even the winterfills were breaking. My gun was a blender, and this has never happened to any of my mags before. I have been using this setup for a long time now, and it only did this today. I used it 2 weeks ago in 35* weather with RecSport and it shot perfectly, not a break...

manike
12-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Did you check your nubbin? Sounds like a broken wire nubbin.

manike

SyntaxError
12-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Were you using a Freak? Interestingly enough I had the same problem using a perfectly sized Freak insert in the same weather. I switched to the stock barrel and it shot fine...The freak is just not doin it for me lol

Stupi
12-29-2002, 10:19 PM
It's kind of funny (in the odd sense) that this happened to you. My worst day of ballin' ever was yesterday with my Warped LX E-mag. I sat out almost the whole daying trying to figure out what was wrong. It broke paint every single time I fired, and went out to play. I've since switched carriers and dwell time on my Warpfeed, and I think it's working now. I'm going to get a plastic nubbin for my Boomstick before I go out next Saturday because I'm not ruling out the nubbin as a problem just yet, but I fired about 100 rounds today at full speed without a single break. I was shooting marbs yesterday, so I'm quite angry I wasted such expensive paint, and field refs were nice enough to let have 500 rounds of Blaze, which broke just as well

xmetal2001
12-30-2002, 02:12 AM
Same thing happened with my friends Emag LX with Warp and Freak... Using plastic nubbins. Weird.

AGD
12-30-2002, 02:56 AM
Cold weather historically dries out the paintballs and makes them very fragile. Do a bounce test before you play, you will probably see that they are really fragile.

AGD

dropkick1
12-30-2002, 08:22 AM
i played yesterday with my micro emag and lvl 10 and it shot perfectly fine no breaks at all, i just gotta switch the carier b/c it wouldn't fire occasionally untill i pulled the trigger a few times, but it was fine and i loved it.

ken

SyntaxError
12-30-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Cold weather historically dries out the paintballs and makes them very fragile

What about that RP Advantage shelled paint? Isn't that already called "dry-shell"? Besides if I'm using a warp, which I'm not, are there any disadvantages to shooting the dry shelled stuff? If so I haven't seen any, so wouldn't you want the paint to have dryer shells?

Brian68mag
12-30-2002, 11:54 AM
my LX emag did the same thing 1 week ago, blender bad, and most were chops. The 68 mag chopped too, the carbine didnt so i used it.

GeoffreyInNJ
12-30-2002, 12:03 PM
I had some trouble in cold weather with the Level 10 and a freak combo in cold weather. I switched yesterday to a CP 14 inch .685 barrel, I bought for cold weather play, and it was great. It had one of the new plastic nubins installed and paint was being fed through a VL X-Board Rev to a warp feed. Yesterday I only had one barrel break with some crappy Severe paint and I shot about a case of paint. It was tiny and dimpled as hell, and didn't really shoot very straight, but I got relativley consistent velocity (285-300)and one break. I guess the temperature was in the 30's to low 40's

When I was using my freak a few weeks ago, it was giving me all kinds of trouble though.

Try using a differnet barrel. I got mine directly from CP, as everyone only seems to carry the .689 version of the barrel for retail.

Good luck

sniper1rfa
12-30-2002, 12:05 PM
i hate the "advantage shell" stuff with a passion. when it shoots, its great. unfortunately, ive played with one gun (a [single, one, not the others] cocker) that allowed it to reliably leave the barrel in one piece. my warp doesnt mind it though. :rolleyes:

PsychoMag
12-30-2002, 07:21 PM
I checked my nubbin and replaced it just in case, I even smoothed out the nubbin with fine grit sandpaper. I didnt try the stock barrel only because Ive never shot the stock barrel. I did try my 12" AllAmerican though with similar results. I have broken the gun down and rebuilt it from scratch l;ast night, retuned the LX kit, I can put my fiunger in the breach, so it works, and it is still breaking alot of paint today...I dont know what coulda happened to it. I was one of the first LX kits sent out, it has totally rocked without a break, even when we played in snow a few weeks ago, yet yesterday, it was an embarrasement, with over $2500 invested.

manike
12-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Did you do a drop test on the paint?

I had some problems with my gun breaking paint a few months back. Couldn't understand it...

Then realised the paint was just falling apart at the seems and every ball would break when dropped from a foot. (you could squeeze it in your fingers and watch the seems open up!)

Everybody was blowing it apart in the guns, Intimidators, Cockers, Matrixes and X-mags.

It was all down to the rubbish paint.

manike

PsychoMag
12-30-2002, 07:33 PM
oh yeah, some of the paint WAS brttle, like the Evil, and RecSport, but the bigball, was bouncing everywhere. As was the Midnight

lamby
12-30-2002, 09:26 PM
I had the same problem in the late fall.
Using Blaze at Paintball Sams in Wisconsin, I was breaking a ball every other shot (granted once I broke one the next were sure to break, as a straight shot only cleans so well :) ).

I did a test the next day (same temp outside, about 45 deg) placed my marker outside for a couple of hours with one tube of blaze, and a tube of PMI Premium. Took a tube of warm blaze (from my house) and shot them all without a break. Took the cold tube of Premium and shot that without one break. I switched to the cold blaze, and the blender was turned on..I was shredding balls all over the place.

That was the last time I was Sams, I will wait until they get different paint or the temps get warmer. I was using a .688 JJ two piece at the time and the cold blaze was too small, but that is all I had for a barrel.

Conclusion, I think it was just bad paint (I dont like Blaze anyway, it is too inconsistant for my liking)

PsychoMag
12-30-2002, 09:32 PM
i thought of bad paint, but I tried several different kinds...I guess I am just reading into it more than I need to...Thansk for the help everyone

Stupi
12-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Well the marbs worked the next day for me. Granted, they didn't sit outside for long the next day, and the barrel didn't get any time to cool down because I just ran out and shot. The temperature was about the same, and I'm hoping it's the changes I've made to the marker that righted the situation. I did shoot about 100 rounds in 10 or less seconds without a break when the previous day I couldn't get more than 6 shots, in any time space, without a break. I put in an order for Polar Ice paint today, and I'll be testing at Hogan's Alley this Saturday... I can't wait.