PDA

View Full Version : Need Timmy Help Fast!!!!

spyder3634
12-30-2002, 01:28 PM
ok my dragon timmy needs help. when i turn it on, the screen just displays a solid block of black across the top of the screen. please let me know what to do asap, i need to use the gun tonite. thanks

Jonesie
12-30-2002, 01:33 PM
OK, here's what you need to do...

#1 - Move this thread to the tech forum, maybe?
#2 - Buy a Mag.

Otherwise, I know nothing about Timmys. ;)

Later ~ Jonesie

straightshot
12-30-2002, 02:10 PM
First of all try posting Timmy questions in the Intimidator forum over at PBNation.....you will find a lot more help there (for Intimidator's) than at automags.org.

You didn't specify what board you are using so I'll just give you a few things to check. You probably either have no oring on the screw holding the board to frame (without the oring the screw can short out the board), or a loose or damaged ribbon cable.

Good luck.

wyn1370
12-30-2002, 02:20 PM
does that gun still function, if it functions then it's a loose ribbon cable if it doesn't we need more info. The pbnation timmy forum is really the place to get info, they have the best techs over there.

spyder3634
12-30-2002, 02:56 PM
ok thanks guys, i will post over there. it is the stock board and the gun still functions. i took it all apart and the ribbon doesnt seem damaged or loose....?

Brian68mag
12-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
OK, here's what you need to do...

#1 - Move this thread to the tech forum, maybe?
#2 - Buy a Mag.

Otherwise, I know nothing about Timmys. ;)

Later ~ Jonesie
yep..

spyder3634
12-31-2002, 02:07 PM
problem fixed, i screwed one of the grip screws too far in and it messed up the ribbon. so with a little bit of silicon and some father expertise fixed it. thanks for all the help. :)

-=Squid=-
12-31-2002, 04:32 PM
Is it black as in looks like somebody brned it? Or are all the pixel deals just blaked out. If its the first one, have you had it in the heat at all for long periods of time? That could be the problem, just let it sit and it will go away.