PDA

View Full Version : New SE Wisconsin Field

the JoKeR
12-30-2002, 04:15 PM
The previous thread didn't really specify where the field was. Here's the thread and some more info:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61456

The place is in Racine WI. I stopped by today to take a look. They're not open yet, and are still building bunkers and such, but it looks like it'll be a good place for indoor play. I talked to one of the owners for a while, and I get the impression that he's really committed to making it a good safe place to play. They only have the one field, but as long as they change the design regularly to keep it interesting, that shouldn't matter. Rentals will be available, fills to 4500 (hopefully), and FPO. Pretty typical stuff. They might be open as early as this Wednesday, but Saturday for sure (his words!). I'd call first to be safe. Interest was expressed in 3 or 5 man tourneys, and I'm sure they'll have no problem getting enough teams to make it interesting.

SirOssis
12-30-2002, 06:58 PM
what kind of flooring?

the JoKeR
12-30-2002, 07:46 PM
I probably mentally blocked this out, but it's cement. I'm hoping it gets nice and slick like BFG Paintball in Germantown, since it's a ton of fun sliding on kneepads into a bunker. Either way, it's not a huge field, so I'm guessing either way it'll be fine.

MPC-Tim
12-30-2002, 08:08 PM
What is the aproximate size and will there be sup air? I know you just checked it out so you may not have the answers.

Also, I think I played against you a couple of Fridays ago at BFG when it was 3 on 3 most of the night. I was the guy with the A-5. I was a fun night even with so few people.

AutomagRT1483
12-30-2002, 08:08 PM
I was in there on Friday last week, nice place. I like that ref station thats above the playing field. It's too bad that I wont get to play there this weekend since I have to run out to Paintball Sam's to get my RT Pro looked at.:(

the JoKeR
12-30-2002, 09:21 PM
For the size, I'm *guessing* it's about 45x100 or so (complete guess, by the way), although it won't be completely rectangular due to the second story ref-stand on one side. Close enough, though. No idea on sup-air, although it'd be a great way to change the design regularly and keep it fresh. That'd probably be a pretty huge start-up expense for a new business, though. I don't know the owners, their plans, or anything like that. I just stopped by and they were nice enough to talk to a guy in shirt and tie for 20 minutes or so. If nothing else, I hope I gave them some useful ideas. (HAVE A 3 MAN TOURNEY!!)

Tim-
I've been to BFG the last three Fridays, and I'm pretty sure I remember who you are. I had the blue Warp fed Defiant, blue mask and jersey, blue etc. Otherwise known as "that big slow guy who shoots a lot". Are you still involved with the ownership/management of the field?

AutomagRT1483-
Give Steve my regards. He hasn't taken all my money in a while!:D

AutomagRT1483
12-30-2002, 11:24 PM
Will do JoKeR:D

Smoke
12-31-2002, 01:02 AM
I did too mention where it is! Corner (kinda) of Douglas Ave. and South St. Anyways, I talked to them today, and they said they would be doing compressed air, don't know bout nitro. Pretty sure it will open on Sat. Don't know about prices or anything yet, but from the sounds of it, they should be pretty reasonable. The bunkers are probably going to consist of 55 gallon drums, maybe some cable spools. They got 2 huge mats they're gonna put up. Anyways, I encourage everyone to check this place out, it's definatly gonna be worth it! Hey joker, look for me at the field on Sat. -SMOKE-

FESTUS33
12-31-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
I was in there on Friday last week, nice place. I like that ref station thats above the playing field. It's too bad that I wont get to play there this weekend since I have to run out to Paintball Sam's to get my RT Pro looked at.:(
Then you'll get a chance to see the FSE-LX :D
are you coming out saturday or sunday,
I'll be there both day's.
Rick:eek:

the JoKeR
12-31-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by automagfreek
I did too mention where it is! ....... Hey joker, look for me at the field on Sat. -SMOKE-

You didn't mention WI in the thread title. I just happened to trip over it wondering where there was a new field, and was happy to hear it was <10 miles from my house, not 1,000. Just trying to give the local fields all the chances possible for a big AO kickoff.

I won't be there till Sunday at the earliest. Already have non-paintball related plans.

skipdogg
12-31-2002, 10:19 AM
sweet, a new indoor. I'll have to check it out!

AutomagRT1483
12-31-2002, 01:04 PM
Festus33,

Hopefully both days, don't want to miss the Polar Bear Event this weekend. Plus, I really do want to see your gun:D

FESTUS33
12-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Festus33,

Hopefully both days, don't want to miss the Polar Bear Event this weekend. Plus, I really do want to see your gun:D
Cool Dude I may be a little late on saturday,cuz I have
to go trap shooting in the morning:rolleyes:
But I hope to be there by 1:00-1:30 I hope to see all
the Wi. AOers there.
Later

AutomagRT1483
12-31-2002, 04:16 PM
Hey FESTUS33, you think anybody out at Sam's would be willing to buy an Autococker that I wish to get rid of???

FESTUS33
12-31-2002, 04:47 PM
Hey FESTUS33, you think anybody out at Sam's would be willing to buy an Autococker that I wish to get rid of???
It would'nt hurt to bring it with, You never know unless
you try. ;) You could also write it up and post it on the
bulletin board there. Timmy63 has been talking about
getting one to mess around with, but I don't know if he's
ready to take the jump yet. Heck I've been thinking about
it my own self, I just can't afford it right now.
There fun gun's for machinist's to mess around with.
Rick :eek::D

the JoKeR
12-31-2002, 04:55 PM
And then if you want to have some fun, take it to Steve and ask him to time it, replace the pneumatics, and set it up for low pressure! The hard part will be finding it after he throws it into the woods! :p I've kicked the idea of getting one around for a while, just as something to screw around with, but I don't know anybody in the area that can fix it after I break it!

FESTUS33
12-31-2002, 05:00 PM
The Guy you reeeaally want to talk to about upping it,
is Okie Bob He's built some really sweet Cocker's. :cool:

RTMAGBOY13
12-31-2002, 05:03 PM
wooooooooow thats kewl to bad i dont paintballne more :(

Smoke
12-31-2002, 06:15 PM
Alright Joker, I'll probably be reffing there Sunday too. I checked out the field again today, it's coming along nicely. They have a big hut in the center (center flag games??), and some of their smaller bunkers are comprised of pallets and old plastic Christmas trees. (??????) I mentioned making triangle bunkers and useing cable spools, and they seemed to like the idea. They got some netted off areas and what-not, and they are trying to get their hands on 55gal. drums. It should be ready on Sat., so come ready to play at 10. They have been working like hell to get this done; they've put in 8 to 10 hour workdays, everyday for awhile now. No word on prices yet, but it should be reasonable. Joker, I mentioned the tourney idea again and they liked it. Oh, by the way, they said they will have compressed air, just to answer a few of everybody's questions.

LaW
12-31-2002, 11:02 PM
Joker you hot old man!!! haha I might have to start playing again soon!! haha

the JoKeR
01-01-2003, 12:39 AM
So just what are they smoking in college these days anyway??? I thought you played back 'cause you liked dumping paint, not looking at the other player's backsides!:eek: :D

LaW
01-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by the JoKeR
So just what are they smoking in college these days anyway??? I thought you played back 'cause you liked dumping paint, not looking at the other player's backsides!:eek: :D

nice :) ya got me on that one! haha I just happen to be a broke college student :) oh well

the JoKeR
01-05-2003, 07:47 AM
So has anybody played there yet? If so, how is it?

Smoke
01-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Man, for a field that's 48x110, it's awesome!!!!!!!!! It's really fun, you gotta check it out. There was an article in yesterday's Racine Journal Times about it. Props to Blackrain!!!!

LaW
01-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Could you describe it in more detail please :)

LaW
01-07-2003, 04:31 PM
article:

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2003/01/06/news/daily_news/530paint.txt

Smoke
01-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Oh hey, Law, i'll be going to UWM like in a week or two, if you need a player, let me know!!:D :D :D
So, the field is like this: Mostly like wooden pallets and sheets of plywood, they got a jail in the middle, on one end they have like an old cooler that's recessed into the wall abit (good hiding spot). But yeah, mostly wooden bunkers and pallets. They plan to upgrade the bunker scheme soon, so check it out!!

Jay
01-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Myself and a couple of the Agd kids will probably be there on Sunday and I will try to get a hold of some of the Pride guys to see if they want to go..So see some of you there!

Smoke
01-07-2003, 05:33 PM
That's tight!!!! Just don't get Timmy down there, he'll cover the whole place with paint!! :D
Yeah, I'll look for you, I'm the head ref, can't miss me. I'll show you some of my AGD collectibles. Just let me know like what's on your jersey so I know it's you.

Jay
01-07-2003, 06:15 PM
We all wear dye jerseys I have the 2003 black with yellow jersey and some others may be in red 02 jerseys. We will also swing by on wed. (tommorow) and check it out and might play.

Smoke
01-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Sweet!!!!! I was gonna ref there tomorrow anyways!! Alright, I'll keep an eye open. I've got a blue Flex-7 with a buch of stars on it. See ya there!!!!!

LaW
01-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Hmmm... what time on sunday? I will attempt to make it down there.

automagfreak-

just give me an email at [email protected]

I think we are only going to be playing the nationals in april this year though. I'm not even sure how many players we would even have so the more the better. I think i'm going to kind of give up on the uwm team though. I am actually looking to organize a team for possibly the cpsa just for fun.

Smoke
01-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Open Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 11pm. I was gonna start a UWM team anyways, but I guess ya beat me to it! The one problem with college teams is $$$$ and time. I got time, I'm kinda lacking the $$$, but hopefully that will change!!:D

LaW
01-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Open Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 11pm. I was gonna start a UWM team anyways, but I guess ya beat me to it! The one problem with college teams is $$$$ and time. I got time, I'm kinda lacking the $$$, but hopefully that will change!!:D

That has always been the problem for me. We played last spring in the MICT and the nationals. There are usually only two tournaments a semester that are ever makeable anyway. The thing is we had personal conflicts with one another and **** like that. 3 members of this forum were on the team. I forget the names though hehe :) I have not had money for the past 6 months :( thats why I ref'd at shatnerball just to get some pball action. I was planning on having a team meeting late january or early february just to plan out the semester. I have flyers i'm putting up I think. Not sure if I want to continue with the college tournament route or not yet.

Smoke
01-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Well, keep trying. Maybe the university could help out.(????) At any rate, you got me if ya want me!!

LaW
01-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Well, keep trying. Maybe the university could help out.(????) At any rate, you got me if ya want me!!

Unfortunately, I don't know if its worth it to keep trying beyond this semester :) I just don't see the long term payoff...

Smoke
01-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Alright. Well, I'll still give it a shot. Maybe a 3 man team? And like I said, maybe the university would help out if we did pretty good. Oh well, it's still an idea.

LaW
01-07-2003, 07:07 PM
3man team is not possible. The whole point of a UWM team is to participate in the ncpa tournaments :) UW-whitewater has funding but it will take more than a year to get uwm funding. I know exactly what I can do at uwm, you wont see any money from them thats for sure. My friend will sponsor the team (as in a faculty sponsor for uwm) in order for us to get recognized by the school. Well your welcome to email me and talk through there

Smoke
01-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Oh, all right. Yeah, that sucks it'll take a year to get funding, but it may be worth it. If the team doesn't work out, oh well. But it is nice to see college teams play. Breaks up the whole traditional college sports mentallity.

LaW
01-07-2003, 07:15 PM
I know a lot about the uwm situation anyway since i have probably looked into it the most.

Smoke
01-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Well, today some of the AGD Kids were at Blackrain Paintball. First off, let me say that it was an honor to play up against a team of your caliber. Yeah, I realize that you were out of your element, and that you probably had a bad day, but everybody you played against had a GREAT time. Yeah, the field is kinda rec like, in respect to the holes in the bunkers and pallets as barriers, but hey you still put up one heck of a fight. Oh, and Jay, my knees are KILLING me from diving onto the concrete floor to dodge the 10,000 rounds coming in at me, if it's any consolation!!:p I don't suppose we'll see you again at Blackrain, but we'll probably butt-heads at some tourney in the future. Once again, thank you guys, we had a great time playing against you!!!!!

Jay
01-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Yeah the field is definatley not what we are used to, but we still had a good time just because we were playing.

Smoke
01-09-2003, 06:12 PM
That's the spirit!:p
If only more tourney guys had THAT kinda attitude......