PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to 15* ASA's for the mag?

Trigger_Happy
12-30-2002, 04:24 PM
I was on a list to get one, but that thread vanished while my back was turned. We gathered 20 orders to get them done by Junky, but now the thread is missing! What happened!?!

ß.C.
12-30-2002, 04:29 PM
does junky work for paintball cow? I had them powder coat my custom Lapco 15* adapter, hope he didn't steal it :D

Trigger_Happy
12-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Please don't get me wrong, I am not accusing Junky of anything! In fact, no money ever changed hands. I just wonder what happened to the thread, ASA's, etc.

Trigger_Happy
12-31-2002, 01:41 PM
I need this question answered :( Does anybody know?

petefol
12-31-2002, 04:09 PM
because he is only having a small number produced, the place that is doing the milling is not giving them a high priority, so if they are ever made it may not be for awhile. try pm'ing him to check on any progress.

Dern
12-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Isn't it in the Dealer's forum? If not, just search for it, its probably in the archives or something.

Xerces
12-31-2002, 07:52 PM
i sent an email to him awhile back, he said they should be done before christmas, but they didn't exactly have mill priority and thats why we had to wait. about a week ago i sent him another one, and haven't recieved a response. it sounded like he was really backed up, if i get a response i'll be sure to post it here the day i get it.

Dern
12-31-2002, 10:43 PM
I think Junky is away or something, because I sent him a message asking about a powder coat job I wanted and I haven't gotten a response. It's been a few days, almost a week I think. Anyone looked on paintball cow?

Trigger_Happy
01-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Yes, the thread is not even in the dealers forum! If the the thread were still around, but they were just being slow, I would have no problem. Where is the thread? Are we sure that they are trying to make them, ever?

warpfeedmod
01-02-2003, 06:04 PM
found this:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57759&highlight=15+degree+ASA

this:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51853&highlight=15+degree+ASA

and this:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38549&highlight=15+degree+ASA

hope it helps..

billmi
01-02-2003, 06:16 PM
You know, making a standard 'mag vertical ASA into a 15 degree model should be a pretty simple job for an airsmith with a mill. It's just a matter of milling the top surface at an angle and drilling and tapping a new hole for the mount screw. I don't have mine in front of my, but I think there's enough "meat" between the top of the ASA area and the top of the part to do it. If not, a 15 degree adapter wedge would also be a fairly simple part.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Trigger_Happy
01-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys. The jist of what I'm thinking now is that when Junky get's some 15*'s made, he'll sell them here. Ont the other hand it will be eternity before he gets them made. Does that sound right, you guys?

petefol
01-03-2003, 06:12 PM
i think hes only making a certain amount for the people that originally said they wanted one, there may be a few extras tho.