PDA

View Full Version : micromag dente problem

FreshmanBob
12-30-2002, 07:39 PM
My micromag (LX w/ 9 volt warp) was double feeding waaay too much yesterday, i used some of tunaman's tape on the the side of the detente that the balls touch, it helped a lot but I don't like having tape on my gun.

Have any other micro users run into this problem? I know if i stretch the spring thats in there it will help, but I'm afraid of being unable to get the pin back where it should be.

I wish i had nubbins!!!!

personman
12-30-2002, 08:46 PM
I think this problem has been discussed and the outcome was that you can get a stronger spring if you call PTP.. thats if my memory serves me right..
If I'm wrong, Ohwell..

Bulldog
12-30-2002, 09:29 PM
No your right Personman, give PTP a call at: 386.437.3375 and they can get you a stronger spring.

BarryTolar
12-31-2002, 12:46 AM
Hope you have better luck - but PTP did nothing for me.

We wound up punching another hole in the detente and placing the pin through that. (Seemed the stock hole gave way too much movement in the breech area)

Barry

FreshmanBob
12-31-2002, 11:17 AM
Berry did you have any problems getting the pin back in? I think the spring just needs to be streched out every once in a while.

I'll try ptp anyway though, maybe if i complain enough... :cool:

Bad_Knees
12-31-2002, 11:36 AM
Well if you have an industrial hardware store nearby you you may want to take the spring out in it's current state and bring it there. They can probably find a replacement for you with a thicker wire diameter or more coils...hope this helps.

If you can wait a bit I can remove mines and hunt down one that will have a better return force.

sniper1rfa
12-31-2002, 12:13 PM
surprisingly enough, he would want less coils. :rolleyes: :) More coils would lessen the force of the spring.

maybe a clicky-pen spring? i use them for my detent and my trigger return spring. :D

nicad
12-31-2002, 02:02 PM
..or you can just hack that bad boy off and put a regular cocker detentin its place..
the micromag has a lot of blowback out of its original slot for its detent... pitty.
http://www.deadlywind.com/files/carved_micro_body.jpg
ohyeah.. that WAS a micromag body..

Bulldog
12-31-2002, 02:15 PM
Nice, very nice. Does that body fit your custom valve?

FreshmanBob
12-31-2002, 04:20 PM
Well, I think I'm going to wait until after this weekend. Sunday there's a tourney I'm going to be playing in with blackcell and I guess i can stick with the tape til then. (get it? stick with tape har har :rolleyes: )

nicad, I'd definately like to do that, but I'm not a machinist, and it'd probably cost to much to have it done. That's also pretty fugly w/ out anno

BarryTolar
12-31-2002, 05:53 PM
Nope - no real problem getting the pin back in

Just make sure you've got it in a hole and go real slow.

Nicad - thanks for that pic I was just waiting until I say someone else do it before I tried :)

Barry