PDA

View Full Version : Where do all the trade in valves go?

ß.C.
12-30-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm just curious, when people do the trade in valve program, or go retro program, and now the new X valve program, where do all the valves go? Do they rebuild them and sell them? Is there a used box that I never heard of? Do they melt them down and recycle them? What on earth do they do to them?

manike
12-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Scrap box mostly I believe. :D

AllAmericanMag
12-30-2002, 08:02 PM
Actually, I believe they're sold to Action Village and put in the TKO Mags. I could be wrong...

AGD
12-30-2002, 08:04 PM
They get melted. We want them out of circulation.

AGD

SyntaxError
12-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by AllAmericanMag
Actually, I believe they're sold to Action Village and put in the TKO Mags. I could be wrong...

I read this and said to myself, "Doesn't suprise me one bit"

It seemed true enough until we were enlightend by TK. I guess that shows the credibility of Action Village hehe

agdemagman69
12-30-2002, 08:18 PM
can i send mine in already melted?

EsPo
12-30-2002, 08:22 PM
can i not send mine in and still get a x valve for 225?... cmon.. your just gonna melt it anyway?:D :D

manike
12-30-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
can i not send mine in and still get a x valve for 225?... cmon.. your just gonna melt it anyway?:D :D

No. Because the whole point of the discount is to get old valves which may have tolerance or wear issues etc. out of use so that AGD do not have to support them.

manike

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by agdemagman69
can i send mine in already melted?

LMAO great idea

personman
12-30-2002, 08:34 PM
So, could you send in a broken valve and get the mula?

EsPo
12-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by manike

No. Because the whole point of the discount is to get old valves which may have tolerance or wear issues etc. out of use so that AGD do not have to support them.

manike

i promise ill destroy it!!!!:D

mag-hatter
12-30-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by AGD
They get melted. We want them out of circulation.

AGD

why dont you sell them again? just refurbish them and put them in your online store for less than new value?

HoppysMag
12-30-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by mag-hatter

why dont you sell them again? just refurbish them and put them in your online store for less than new value?

he just said he wants them out of circulation! they get old and have problems and they cost AGD $$$ to fix them. so they sell you a new better valve( the X valve now) and take your old beat war horse and put it out to pasture.

mag-hatter
12-30-2002, 09:20 PM
dangit! i wanted a used retro! WAAAAAAAAH! those are pretty hard to find. one that's in good condition for a good price that is.

Sinnet
12-30-2002, 09:20 PM
hmm... you could sell them as no-guarantees/warantees/support for cheap?

halB
12-30-2002, 09:21 PM
ya but instead of melting them, how bout for lets say, the standard valves, he sells em for 50 bux with REFURBISHED stamped right on the side of it (so noone can pass it off as new) and then say, hey we aint gonna support or fix these things. for people building a spare marker or something, it wouldnt be too bad.

manike
12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Sinnet and Halb,

It doesn't work like that. AGD are better off keeping them away from the paintball playing crowd.

The average Jo wouldn't notice if the gun was using a non warranteed or scrapped valve. He would just notice if it had problems and that would affect the AGD reputation.

AGD don't want any bad valves on the streets as it were. That's why they do the teching and try to get bad ones or worn ones back by offering discounts on trade ins. The money made from selling them back out just isn't worth it in the long term.

manike

Sinnet
12-30-2002, 09:43 PM
lol, yeah, i can see how that'd be rough for AGD manike...

i'm just cringing, though, at the thought of all those retros going to the melting pot when i'm still shooting a classic.

manike
12-30-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Sinnet
i'm just cringing, though, at the thought of all those retros going to the melting pot when i'm still shooting a classic.

I know what you mean :)

ß.C.
12-30-2002, 09:45 PM
I don't think you answer posts more than once Tom but hopefully you do for this one :). Is it ok to send non working valves to you then? I mean you just wanna scrap them, can we turn em in for discount? What if it had a star? You were gonna fix it anyways :)

thevilduk
12-30-2002, 09:49 PM
no... personally i think that the real reason he is melting them is because its super fun! I mean really, who does'nt enjoy melting the crap out of anything? And then you get a big block of stainless steel you can use again!

Its entertaining and economical!

agdemagman69
12-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Heh good one autoduk... i too am a pyro

im serious though... can i send mine in melted or just deformed? what about in REALLY small pieces

thevilduk
12-30-2002, 10:07 PM
well im guessing if you send one in that is totaly messed up they won't care. Im not sure what the cost is to make everything, but im sure they are just glad to get the old valves out of circ.

halB
12-30-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by manike
Sinnet and Halb,

It doesn't work like that. AGD are better off keeping them away from the paintball playing crowd.

The average Jo wouldn't notice if the gun was using a non warranteed or scrapped valve. He would just notice if it had problems and that would affect the AGD reputation.

AGD don't want any bad valves on the streets as it were. That's why they do the teching and try to get bad ones or worn ones back by offering discounts on trade ins. The money made from selling them back out just isn't worth it in the long term.

manike

BUT I WANNA CHEAP VALVE!!!

Phil
12-31-2002, 12:50 AM
If you want a used retro just offer to buy one from someone who is turning theirs in for the same amount of money they will be saving. ITs like 100 cheaper right? Offer them 125. :D

halB
12-31-2002, 01:49 AM
a point he has here

Conqueror
12-31-2002, 10:24 AM
Do they reuse the material or scrap it?

CQ