PDA

View Full Version : What's next on AGD's agenda?

Sinnet
12-30-2002, 08:43 PM
4500 flatline... check
level 10... check
x-mag... check
ACE... check
x-valve... check
no-rise... check
sluggo bodies... check

what now agd? some time away from equipment to focus on image/apparel/advertising, or maybe... *gasp*... intelli-z somewhere in the near future? :D

Remington
12-30-2002, 08:45 PM
Ha ha. Yea Tom, what are you going to wow the world with next, I think you've pretty much done everything there is to be done!

ß.C.
12-30-2002, 08:48 PM
well they make every upgrade possible on a mag except . . . A BARREL. They should make their own line of aftermarket barrels, nobody except JJ likes to make Automag barrels, other people do but you can tell they don't like em when they make you pay extra and never have them in stock.

Of yea and sight rails would be cool, it makes mags look much better

Remington
12-30-2002, 08:53 PM
GASP! I know. Tom can help us popularize "the game"! Link to the website (http://remington686.tripod.com/) and the link to the original and ever-expanding thread. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61669)

pballguy17
12-30-2002, 09:00 PM
what about an

EZ-grip!!!

Electonic, Z-grip, intellifeedable of course :P

i think it'd sell....

K-villeplayer
12-30-2002, 09:03 PM
My best guess would be that they would get the X-mags and x-valves and everything else into production and running smoothly before they endeavour to wow the world again.

Just my thoughts

Andrew

manike
12-30-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm hoping they can find a set up that makes the X-mag more efficient. That's all that I want from it now :)

manike

Badabing
12-30-2002, 10:47 PM
I definatly agree to the barrels, but they need something really intresting like custom bodies, Like the sluggo for every mag premilled and annoed. Like custom work. But maybe thats too much I dunno.

Kevmaster
12-30-2002, 10:53 PM
i would hardly call the Xmags done....

pito189
12-30-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Sinnet
x-mag... check

x-valve... check

sluggo bodies... check

Uncheck all those because those are no where close to being finished. I will considered each of them checked when you can go at least to the AGD online store place an order for one and recieve it within a week.

Other than that I agree with Manike about efficiency, I wouldn't mind getting 9-10 pods easy off a 68/4500. Also a nice stock barrel for the X-Mags would be good.

petefol
12-30-2002, 11:42 PM
they are planning on a run of intelli z-grips if they get enought preorders.

magman007
12-30-2002, 11:56 PM
efficinecy for mags needs to be next, lvl 10 really hurt the mag, im actually considering pulling mine out.....

pito189
12-31-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by magman007
efficinecy for mags needs to be next, lvl 10 really hurt the mag, im actually considering pulling mine out.....

How much efficiency did you actually loose?:confused:

spider54
12-31-2002, 12:31 AM
i acctually never really played with my lvl 10, i put it in and spent all that time puttin it in and adjusting and when i thought i had it right the trigger pull was atleast 2 pounds if not more, so i took it out without even playin with it, maybe i set it up wrong.... i dunno. but i gotta send my gun back so i figure i might as well ask them to get it set up for me

Cypres0099
12-31-2002, 01:00 AM
If there is something to be done I vote air efficiency, too.

AGD
12-31-2002, 01:13 AM
Efficiency upgrades are in testing now. No results yet.

AGD

splat15k
12-31-2002, 01:15 AM
Efficiency upgrades!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that sounds good to me.

xmetal2001
12-31-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Cool! Im curious to know how that will work...

xmetal2001
12-31-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by ß.C.
[B]well they make every upgrade possible on a mag except . . . A BARREL. They should make their own line of aftermarket barrels, nobody except JJ likes to make Automag barrels, other people do but you can tell they don't like em when they make you pay extra and never have them in stock.
[B]

But AGD knows that bore size nearly the only factor in accuracy, as long as the inside of the barrel has a halfway decent finish(and they all do). So unless its a barrel system, I think they would be going against their own "beliefs"

Phil
12-31-2002, 01:28 AM
How about:

Wrap around grips for the emag in different colors
A choice of colors for the x-valve
Round fore grips with round batteries for the e/x-mag
A charge port for the e/x-mag so you dont have to remove the battery
An on/off switch for e-mags
A rail-less mainbody similar to x-mags that retrofits all markers and comes in either warp or centerfeed; no removeable breech.

PsychoBaller
12-31-2002, 03:26 AM
I HOPE I'm not copying anyone's idea yet or anything(slight smirk and a role of the eyes).........

An incorporated Emag Board module should be made so that u can have a Visual display on your mask somehow... telling you how many balls u have fired, timer in game, shots left..... etc etc etc..

cough....no copying here....(lol)

-da copyright infringement Baller

Bonx0007
12-31-2002, 04:12 AM
finally.... I was thinking about that today too. it takes like two games of like 3-400 each game and my 88 4500 is empty. i connect the cocker to the flatline and i can shoot for days. Please make them more efficient.

joeyjoe367
12-31-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

sweet deal! I want 1000 shots out of my 68/3000 plz :)

Devil
12-31-2002, 08:14 AM
uh oh...sounds like some sneaky business to me ... just kidding...efficiency upgrades would be cool...but I still haven't upgraded to the x-mag yet...it'll be awhile...but...I am just going to have more catching up to do...but my mini-rt w/intelli will last me for now. It fits me...small, but does the right amount of damage... :D

...but I dunno what would be a good next project...guess I'll leave that to the people that can make it count. :p

manike
12-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Efficiency upgrades are in testing now.

Wahey :)

Originally posted by AGD
No results yet.

Wahow :(

Good Luck!

Kevmaster
12-31-2002, 02:55 PM
i would like effiency to be better...but im happy as is

QUINCYMASSGUY
12-31-2002, 05:29 PM
Happy New Year To All, Especially Tom Kaye And The Folks At AGD.
Three ideas that would make my day:
1.) Anodized and fully finished and ready to install Autococker-thread bodies for Minimags and the other older Mags. I would buy one in a heartbeat and it would greatly help AGD break the image of being an "old" gun. All it needs is a body that fits the current rail or one that incorporates the rail.
2.) An affordable electric trigger to solve the trigger pull problem. Making one that works off a solenoid just to push the on-off pin can't cost THAT much to make. The battery could even be housed in the grip and work WITH the intelliframe to power both. Intelliframe 2 perhaps? Who needs full auto, a reliable easy pull with Intellifeed would be good enough for $200.
3.) I'm sure I could think of one more but if 1 and 2 happen then I am more than fine and AGD might start appearing in tourneys again, even if it isn't the World Cup. I still think the only thing that has LESS of a chance than a Mag of being at the 2003 World Cup is Jeremy Salm. And that's saying alot. Happy New Year Everybody!

Dern
12-31-2002, 05:54 PM
WEll Quincy....

1) we have the Hyperframe (though its not made by AGD it does work well according to its several useres)

2) Sluggo bodies, all the new X-mags all have the Autococker threads. ALthough i can see that you want cocker threads on minimag and classic bodies, I think there is an adapter you can use for that.

yeahthatsme
12-31-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by pballguy17
what about an

EZ-grip!!!

Electonic, Z-grip, intellifeedable of course :P

i think it'd sell....

yeah, i already suggested that....

anyways, i would love to see anything new from agd. and i would love to test it too!!!

rikkter
12-31-2002, 07:23 PM
all of these sound good, but effiecnty beats them all

also i would like to see the xvalves in different colors. i want to get one but i dont want to put a black xvalve on my all out chrome mag. then spend another 50-100 to get it polished.

RetroEclipseMan
12-31-2002, 07:38 PM
I really can't wait to see what Tom comes up to give the mags better efficiency. Maybe I'll be able to stick with my 45/4500psi apoc. after all.

personman
12-31-2002, 07:49 PM
I think they need to get their products into production like K-villeplayer said.. they need to advertise, sell, and gain reputation before they do anything else, IMO.
And the extreme is no where near done, I think, because the grip frame and battery pack dont match up with the body. I bet (hope) the finished product will have a new grip frame and battery pack that is more flowing, and lighter than the origional ones..

Of corse thats my hopes and predictions, it might not happen.

TheJester
01-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
I HOPE I'm not copying anyone's idea yet or anything(slight smirk and a role of the eyes).........

An incorporated Emag Board module should be made so that u can have a Visual display on your mask somehow... telling you how many balls u have fired, timer in game, shots left..... etc etc etc..

cough....no copying here....(lol)

-da copyright infringement Baller

uhh, i think that would be more in the mask buisness, and i think HUD's in paintball are a little ways away, why not add a laser guided targeting/range finding system in that too?

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Yeah, Jester I was thinking that too. An on-mask display would be sweet but the price-tag on the visor display alone would be up around $5000, the whole setup nearing $9000. Even these kids with $4000 worth of gear their daddies bought for them couldn't afford that.
Efficiency would be nice, and although I suggested the "Intelliframe 2" I don't think AGD is big enough or flexible enough of a company to pull it off at low cost. That is the one (and I do mean ONE) compliment I have of Kingman: Their rate of production is so high they can meet any product demand they meet and also keep the cost of each individual unit down. Since AGD is a small company compared to others and have no automation, they take forever to build something and have to charge us for the material, labor, and overhead associated to it, which ends up being way more than it should be in manufacturing since the overhead cost per unit is too high (if you can't tell by now, I'm a business major and learned all about this stuff).
One word AGD: OUTSOURCING. Get a reliable company (Smartparts, Dye, anyone, even Benchmark) making specific parts of your guns and include them standard. If you have a deal with them for exclusive installation you can get costs way down). Keep in mind, to do this you will need to decrease the profit margin per unit (marker) sold and pass those savings on to the end customer to motivate current as well as new customers to purchase the new generation of Mags with Aluminium bodies. Just an idea. Oh yeah, and the new bodies is a GREAT idea to do now because it'll bring all older mags on par with the new design, improving AGD's image.

azzkikr
01-02-2003, 03:55 PM
a HUD would be sweet, it sort of put them on par with the ir3, not being impartial here tom. hehe

I would also just absolutely LOVE to see the mags being more efficient, its sort of hurting it right now compared to other high end markers.

as for the ez grips,I'm all for it on that one too. I have one on my RT and it would be quickly replaced with an EZ one.

the 'cheap' electric frame would be super cool. it doesn't have to be 'cheap' as in cheaply made, a better word would be affordable. heck AGD doesn't have to have it been a brand new unique system, but maybe look at and simulate an existing one while improving its design that being either in its electronics or something as simple as higher tolerances and better quality control.

either way, whichever new thing is next out from AGD, no doubt it will be awsome and every as advertised. can't wait.

later AZZKIKR

rikkter
01-02-2003, 04:25 PM
what other upgrades for mag could be done? i mena. the xvalve comes is light. weight issue done mostly. xvalve is same as retro which is extremely fast. so, fast is done. chopping was taken care of with elvel 10..
now if tom finds a way to be better effecient with gas. what else is there?

dont we all want a gas effecient gun that doesn't chop and shoots good and is realiable anyways? what possibly could be made FOR the mag valve except for aftermarket parts?

PsychoBaller
01-02-2003, 05:33 PM
The reason I brought up the HUD display is because in the near future.... there is going to be a Display module for Angels, that will connect somehow to Masks somehow.

I was trying to convey my message as a joke but it didnt seem to work... for not many of you know that this is coming out, heard from Mr Costa himself at Impact

azzkikr
01-02-2003, 05:36 PM
dude I know that you meant it as a joke but it would be cool anyways. and I know that the angel will have that in the future. do you want to know how its going to work?

later AZZKIKR

PsychoBaller
01-02-2003, 05:58 PM
didn't explain it to me very well a couple of weeks ago.... considering its only in possible project mode.... but anyway....

Supposedly its going to be a mounted light display that hooks into either side of your mask... either special inserts for your lens on the inside to see the reflective information which displays whatever you want.... completely customizable or something around that..

rikkter
01-02-2003, 07:37 PM
how much do you think a jet pilot helmet that has the HUDS in them cost? a pretty penny.

azzkikr
01-02-2003, 07:45 PM
yeah but although this HUD will do a surpricing number of things if/and when release, the pilot helmets do a lot more thing and I'm sure are a hell of a lot more accurate and durable. being though it has to survive numerous G's. and even if directly hit by a paintball, remember paintball may hurt a little, they are designed to burst on impact so the energy of the impact is not all that high.

Dern
01-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Gas efficiency sounds cool, and that HUD thing I don't think will be very good at all. If you are playing paintball, your eyes should be on the field the whole time, not going crosseyed looking at your goggle lense about what temperature it is outside and the latest sports news!

Spray Painter
01-02-2003, 08:05 PM
air efficient mags is a good thing as long as it's affordable...

minimag187
01-02-2003, 08:23 PM
WDP is coming out with a hud though arent they, my ir3 in the menu says HUD but doesnt have a sub menu yet.

PsychoBaller
01-03-2003, 01:44 AM
thats what i was explaining.....

Marc Costa works at Impact Paintball in Edison (central) New Jersey..... He was the first person to be certified as an Angel Tech. in the United States...

Thats why i mentioned it.. cause he was explaining the future Angel HUD module to me and a friend at the store the other day (2-3weeks ago).

~da baller

rikkter
01-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dern
Gas efficiency sounds cool, and that HUD thing I don't think will be very good at all. If you are playing paintball, your eyes should be on the field the whole time, not going crosseyed looking at your goggle lense about what temperature it is outside and the latest sports news!

actually having just a small number in the corner that some how displays your psi left in the tank and number of balls shot, or a clock would be just fine for me. and wouldn't really distract me

Dern
01-03-2003, 10:14 PM
I guess that would be kinda cool to have if it was just as simple as that. The way I pictured it was like you would see in a video game, like how many paintballs you got left and little radar blips of where people are- lol I guess my imagination carried me away...

TheClapp15
01-06-2003, 07:48 PM
How about a stock gun?
You could bring back that sweet 12gram speed stock they use'ta'make.

Badabing
01-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Heres an idea I thought of, If they could make some kind of tranparent body so you can see in side it, that would be cool. Not to sure on how they would pull it off, but it would be helpful to see any paint that might be inside that shouldn't be there.

Python14
01-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Efficiency! yes.....Mr. Kaye ,you were reading the clean section of my mind, weren't you?

PsychoBaller
01-07-2003, 05:55 PM
its been tried.... over the years people have made some Lexan bodies... thin and clear..... only problem with those is the possibility of easier cracking... threading lexan not that sturdy.. and even putting in thread fittings/brackets wouldnt be that great either....

Ive seen cocker lexan bodies.. and recently someone supposedly made a mag one... but it wont work.... not strong enough material...

~da "informative to an extent" baller

FF7_SD_Masamune
01-07-2003, 06:02 PM
I would definitely like to see gas efficiency and a good electronic trigger on the agenda :).

xmetal2001
01-07-2003, 07:03 PM
AGD needs to sit back, get everything into full solid production, get the word out, then blow the market away again with another revolutionary market once everybody thinks the XMag is the best it gets.

rikkter
01-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Python14
Efficiency! yes.....Mr. Kaye ,you were reading the clean section of my mind, weren't you?

the "clean" part scares me..

AGD needs to sit back, get everything into full solid production, get the word out, then blow the market away again with another revolutionary market once everybody thinks the XMag is the best it gets.

thats what we said about the emag wasn't it? then the xmag. i wonder what else we'll be saying the same thing for that AGD comes out with.